Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Generation Gaps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
I notice that there are huge generation gaps and people that have been playing for a long time are leaving or no longer playing and thus there are new players running around but no mid level players between level 50 - 65.

I am having extreme problems finding reliable players to do any of the dungeons that requires 3-4 wizards to do and just spent over 8 hours asking for help on multiple crowded servers. Because of this I am unable to progress or finish Grizzleheim to learn a new spell and currently working on Celestia.

However I am getting tired of the soloing and would like to group with people but the community lately is getting bad to worst and I would like to hear from others, if its worth continuing the monthly.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I recommend you finish Grizzleheim and go do Wintertusk. There are a lot of players in there at these levels.
By the time you finish you should have leveled several times and may have your level 58 spell and have waterworks gear. You will be in much better shape to do celestia. I have found by switching realms to crowded realms I can usually find someone who is on the same quest. You can post on central for dungeon help, there are several groups of wizards there that will help you through. Good luck

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Toxen Reignz on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
I notice that there are huge generation gaps and people that have been playing for a long time are leaving or no longer playing and thus there are new players running around but no mid level players between level 50 - 65.

I am having extreme problems finding reliable players to do any of the dungeons that requires 3-4 wizards to do and just spent over 8 hours asking for help on multiple crowded servers. Because of this I am unable to progress or finish Grizzleheim to learn a new spell and currently working on Celestia.

However I am getting tired of the soloing and would like to group with people but the community lately is getting bad to worst and I would like to hear from others, if its worth continuing the monthly.
Until KI provides us with a reasonable means to find others with the same quest in-game, it will be hard to locate companions. Some of us are blessed with excellent long-term friends in-game, and others currently use the W101 Central site to meet up. For adult players, there are always other ways to meet others, such as Facebook or Google Plus.

I agree with your assessment that there is a gap between all the sparkly newbies and the long-term high level wizards in game, and the result is as you and Goldendragon describe: Something of a ghost-town feel in the worlds between WC and Avalon. Azteca is still busy, but likely not for too long, as those single-wizard players finish the world and go back to whatever they do while they wait for new content.

You will have the best chance of making good-quality wizard friends if you take the initiative and forage outside of the Spiral for those wizards who love the game so much that they post on forums and build wizard pages on social sites. It's often these wizards who enjoy working through the game with all 6 wizards, and who are most likely to provide good company and knowledge of the game.

Warmest Regards and Best of Luck,

Iridian ShadowWeaver, Lady of the Falling Sky, Theurgist

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

first of all, i suggest you try wizard101central~ it's free to create an account there, and there's an entire forum specific to finding groups for quest help. best part is, posts there don't require 12-24 hours for approval, so any post you make will be seen right away and you can connect with others faster.

i used to be a solo player, so i know how tough it is to find a good group~ especially if (depending on your time-zone) you're online at not-so-peak times. like me~ i'm in the atlantic time-zone, so lunchtime here is 8 am on the opposite coast, and i usually end up with entire servers to myself.

this is where i think an in-game help finder would be a great idea~ if ki added a feature that allowed players to search all online players with the same quest, it would be a huge help for those of us who aren't on at peak times and are a bit more scattered across different realms.

(i have a couple of mid-level wizards: life (43) is in dragonspyre and will be facing malistaire shortly; storm (64) is in baobab market in zafaria. both of them also have questing buddies in a friend's myth (47) and death (67) wizards. i have a central account (El Veeb is my screen-name there), so feel free to message me if you need help or want to tag along with us sometime.)

cheers,

von
promethean sorceress, archmage necromancer, other wizards of various levels.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Over the past year the flood of new players does seem to be a little more self oriented then the longer time players. I lost all my original friends and have had such mixed results finding others I finally gave up on it - if I can solo I can't play, if I do need help I have to wait for it. I do have family that still plays but they are a little short on actually understanding the game and I am the one who ends up pulling them though worlds, I play separate wizards with them since I need to be a school that can support them and defeat things also. The few times I did meet someone for a battle they pretty much used me as their minion. Most just wanted my help and really never have the time to help me which I never have asked for often.

I have a storm wizard currently working on the same areas you are. I did get help with Ravenscar so am into Wintertusk. I mainly play on the Pixie realm. In Science Center I battled ice school sharks and was defeated many times, I am just short of being able to put on my lvl 56 gear. People don't seem to open to actually help out once you get a certain stage in the game.

I know many on the game may have "friends" but many of us do not.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
@ jackandturbo

Actually that's not at all what I said, I said that its become a real problem finding players to group with for certain quest and Grizzleheim quest is the worst place to find players.

I do not know what world or year you are talking about but I have asked both at Grizzleheim and at the Starter area for help and found no one for a couple of hours.

My experience since I started getting into areas that are too tough for me to solo after hours of trying multiple deck changes; is people asking for account exchanges, people that are posting very nasty things by misusing words for a hidden meaning, people asking to be my friend between levels 1-10, and people that are higher level at me; do not bother helping.

To me, my best experiences was when I was not paying this game and progressing before Grizzleheim and Celestia. This game has no room or lee way for new players that try to take this game serious and I have become disgusted that I can not get a better experience than the hardships I have to go threw now and thus rather hate this game now.

I thought it would get better when I started this post but really I can see why the lead director "J Todd Coleman" left, this game died long ago and the community reflects it, regardless of what few veteran players are left.

I am truly disappointed I wasted ten bucks on this game for a single monthly subscription.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Toxen Reignz on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
@ jackandturbo

Actually that's not at all what I said, I said that its become a real problem finding players to group with for certain quest and Grizzleheim quest is the worst place to find players.

I do not know what world or year you are talking about but I have asked both at Grizzleheim and at the Starter area for help and found no one for a couple of hours.

My experience since I started getting into areas that are too tough for me to solo after hours of trying multiple deck changes; is people asking for account exchanges, people that are posting very nasty things by misusing words for a hidden meaning, people asking to be my friend between levels 1-10, and people that are higher level at me; do not bother helping.

To me, my best experiences was when I was not paying this game and progressing before Grizzleheim and Celestia. This game has no room or lee way for new players that try to take this game serious and I have become disgusted that I can not get a better experience than the hardships I have to go threw now and thus rather hate this game now.

I thought it would get better when I started this post but really I can see why the lead director "J Todd Coleman" left, this game died long ago and the community reflects it, regardless of what few veteran players are left.

I am truly disappointed I wasted ten bucks on this game for a single monthly subscription.
i'm sorry that's how you feel, but i hope that you don't let a couple of jerks ruin your experience.

i've been playing wizards for 2 years (my wizardversary is in a few days), and am a former solo player. the divide between casual/family players and the "hardcore" types who treat it like a job is wider than ever, and that's what's killing the game.

-von

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 4, 2013 wrote:
i'm sorry that's how you feel, but i hope that you don't let a couple of jerks ruin your experience.

i've been playing wizards for 2 years (my wizardversary is in a few days), and am a former solo player. the divide between casual/family players and the "hardcore" types who treat it like a job is wider than ever, and that's what's killing the game.

-von
Tommorow is Wizversery for you