Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When does a cardless pet get a card.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
Hi I have an ancient monk pet. He did not come with a card. Currently he is a level ancient. What level does he need to go until he obtains a card. All he has are talents useful for the derby. But nothing for when he helps me in battle?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Gene Roseshield on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
Hi I have an ancient monk pet. He did not come with a card. Currently he is a level ancient. What level does he need to go until he obtains a card. All he has are talents useful for the derby. But nothing for when he helps me in battle?
Not all pets have cards. This one does not. You can check the possible stats/cards of any pet here:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
If you mix it a few times you have the chance of getting an epic talent . I believe most epic talents are card giving talents.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
There is a first gen goat monk pet that looks great but has almost exclusivly terrible talents. This pet will never give a card either at birth or from training. Or very good talents. (There is also a hybrid goat monk pet which I assume yours is not).

If you really like the goat monk (because it looks awsome) but want good talents you will need to hatch it and its children with something else repeatedly. Perhaps 3 or 4 generations, maybe more so that it inherits desirable talents. This will take considerable time and gold, but the result would be good pet.