Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enemy Booting

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2009
To start off, this relates to something I know was a problem a while back, but, if the message boards are a good indicator, has died down a bit. To inform anyone who doesn't know, back when Dragonspyre was the final world of the game, sometimes lower levels would teleport to higher level friends and roam around Dragonspyre at anywhere from level 20 to level 1. It became a problem when they joined higher level wizards' battles, causing another enemy to join, and then fled, leaving one wizard to deal with 3 enemies. In addition, the enemies were stronger then (they have been downgraded since) and the damage boosts, which now are a bit ridiculous, were more sane (up to around 25% for storm). Anyway, the reason I bring this up again now is because of an issue that happened just the other day. I was wandering around in Avalon, looking for someone to help me with White Owl Tower, and happened upon a wizard in a battle. I asked if I could join, and, receiving his permission, did. Another enemy joined and I started powering up for an attack. However, about 2 minutes into the battle, my computer started experiencing connection issues and I was logged off automatically. I hoped that when I logged back in, I would still be in the battle with this person and be able to explain to them why I suddenly left, however, when I logged in, I found myself in a different realm. I couldn't remember what realm I was in before, and so, could not go back to help the person. I felt bad for bringing another enemy into the battle and then seemingly fleeing, as had happened before in Dragonspyre, connecting to my story, and I thought of a way to stop it from happening. If two people are facing three mobs, and one person flees, one of the mobs could be booted from the battle. If four wizards were facing four enemies and one left, no mobs would leave, since four mobs are allowed to join when there are three wizards. However, this would not work in dungeons, so people couldn't leave a battle in the Waterworks, then come back and have it be easier. Tell me what you think of this idea and please point out any flaws, I'd be happy to hear them!

Alex Dragonbreaker Level 72 Storm

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Aaron Skullspear on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
To start off, this relates to something I know was a problem a while back, but, if the message boards are a good indicator, has died down a bit. To inform anyone who doesn't know, back when Dragonspyre was the final world of the game, sometimes lower levels would teleport to higher level friends and roam around Dragonspyre at anywhere from level 20 to level 1. It became a problem when they joined higher level wizards' battles, causing another enemy to join, and then fled, leaving one wizard to deal with 3 enemies. In addition, the enemies were stronger then (they have been downgraded since) and the damage boosts, which now are a bit ridiculous, were more sane (up to around 25% for storm). Anyway, the reason I bring this up again now is because of an issue that happened just the other day. I was wandering around in Avalon, looking for someone to help me with White Owl Tower, and happened upon a wizard in a battle. I asked if I could join, and, receiving his permission, did. Another enemy joined and I started powering up for an attack. However, about 2 minutes into the battle, my computer started experiencing connection issues and I was logged off automatically. I hoped that when I logged back in, I would still be in the battle with this person and be able to explain to them why I suddenly left, however, when I logged in, I found myself in a different realm. I couldn't remember what realm I was in before, and so, could not go back to help the person. I felt bad for bringing another enemy into the battle and then seemingly fleeing, as had happened before in Dragonspyre, connecting to my story, and I thought of a way to stop it from happening. If two people are facing three mobs, and one person flees, one of the mobs could be booted from the battle. If four wizards were facing four enemies and one left, no mobs would leave, since four mobs are allowed to join when there are three wizards. However, this would not work in dungeons, so people couldn't leave a battle in the Waterworks, then come back and have it be easier. Tell me what you think of this idea and please point out any flaws, I'd be happy to hear them!

Alex Dragonbreaker Level 72 Storm
A great idea to prevent low levels to add an extra MoB is this:

You must be level 48+ to enter Celestia. All wizards who are level 47 and under and join will NOT bring an extra MoB. Same thing with Zafaria if you are not level 60 and over and you join no MoB will join.

Celestia: Levels 47 and under will NOT bring a MoB
Zafaria: Levels 59 and under
Avalon: Levels 69 and under
Azteca: Levels 79 and under
...: Levels 89 and under

I think it will be the only way to make this fair.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
This is being talked about on other threads as well and i think its a great idea. I just hope KI decides to put this in game. Apparently P101 already has this option in game, So they have the understanding of code needed.
This option would help so many issues that need addressed now.