Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Energy Increase for Training

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I just started training my Ancient Bravehound to reach the next level yesterday and crafted a bunch of snacks to feed him after training. Imagine my dismay today when I went to the Pet Pavilion this morning and saw that it requires 8 energy points to run my pet through just a single game, with a max pay out of still 4 in improvement. I'm a Legendary Necromancer and have 79 in energy for pet training and gardening, which (until today) seemed like a lot and had a significant impact on my pets experience levels. Not so any longer. It barely made a dent in the 1000 XP needed to reach the next level before I was low on energy and logged off to post this.

I realize KI is in business to make money, but are you kidding me with this excessive increase in energy levels for pet training without a corresponding increase in rewards? Come on! I am a full member of Wizard 101, but do not buy Crowns and don't intend to-- so Mega Snack Packs and Energy Elixirs aren't purchased by me, EVER and I don't intend to start buying them just because of this. In fact, it just made me more convinced that I shouldn't buy Crowns again.

To be penalized in this fashion simply because I don't purchase Crowns is completely unfair. KI, don't upset your non-Crown members too much or they won't renew. I pay for 2 memberships now-- me and my nephew, but this latest change really made me feel like a completely unappreciated customer, and I spent $140 here in 2012 and that's a lot of money.

Either add more XP rewards for the pet games or reduce the energy cost so you don't tick off more of your members. Remember, there is a Law of Diminishing Returns on moves like this-- greed is only good up to a point, then it bites you.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2012
KIFreegames energy,

yesterday the energy was 4 and now it is 6 energy? why did they increase it???

Greetings
Armand the BiRdMaNsecret
Arlen SpiritCatcher

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Neela Waterwraith on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
I just started training my Ancient Bravehound to reach the next level yesterday and crafted a bunch of snacks to feed him after training. Imagine my dismay today when I went to the Pet Pavilion this morning and saw that it requires 8 energy points to run my pet through just a single game, with a max pay out of still 4 in improvement. I'm a Legendary Necromancer and have 79 in energy for pet training and gardening, which (until today) seemed like a lot and had a significant impact on my pets experience levels. Not so any longer. It barely made a dent in the 1000 XP needed to reach the next level before I was low on energy and logged off to post this.

I realize KI is in business to make money, but are you kidding me with this excessive increase in energy levels for pet training without a corresponding increase in rewards? Come on! I am a full member of Wizard 101, but do not buy Crowns and don't intend to-- so Mega Snack Packs and Energy Elixirs aren't purchased by me, EVER and I don't intend to start buying them just because of this. In fact, it just made me more convinced that I shouldn't buy Crowns again.

To be penalized in this fashion simply because I don't purchase Crowns is completely unfair. KI, don't upset your non-Crown members too much or they won't renew. I pay for 2 memberships now-- me and my nephew, but this latest change really made me feel like a completely unappreciated customer, and I spent $140 here in 2012 and that's a lot of money.

Either add more XP rewards for the pet games or reduce the energy cost so you don't tick off more of your members. Remember, there is a Law of Diminishing Returns on moves like this-- greed is only good up to a point, then it bites you.
Play grub guardian - unlock the maps for crowns and the star tower. you can get energy bottles on some maps re refill your energy and also on the last sets of maps complete a map with 10/10 food you get 8+ points for your pet then what ever snack you feed. Where in game wizard you can only get 4 points plus snack.

Energy is not really an issue - I gaden and to tame that one time takes 110 energy on my main wizard , not much left for pets unless i use one of my bottles that i win often. Hope this helps

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Neela Waterwraith on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:

You say that it ticks you off that pet mini-games energy price doubles every time your pet gains a level-
It is perfectly feasible. KI has got a money making policy and that's the way it is, I'm sorry. So has every MMO.

I do feel like I am, reading between the lines, disrespected and battered by those who spend every penny they earn PVPing and derbying, but you just got to respect the fact that hambrosia costs money, and quite frankly, complaining is not going to help.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
masterryan1969 on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
Play grub guardian - unlock the maps for crowns and the star tower. you can get energy bottles on some maps re refill your energy and also on the last sets of maps complete a map with 10/10 food you get 8+ points for your pet then what ever snack you feed. Where in game wizard you can only get 4 points plus snack.

Energy is not really an issue - I gaden and to tame that one time takes 110 energy on my main wizard , not much left for pets unless i use one of my bottles that i win often. Hope this helps
One more side note , use different wizards to garden move your megas to your pet training wizard. Its a plus when your offline to have an energygear set too so you can push to about 130-150 energy max. Even with that said there are many ways to get free energy and mega snacks to do your pet work. Epic to mega is the only bottle neck unless you have a good supply of megas. gold should also not be an issue at higher levels. The hatching timers can be annoying :)

BiRdMaNsecret, the energy goes up at each stage in a pets life per game played.

baby 2
teen 4
adult 6
ancient 8
epic 10

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
srsly they should keep the xp or the cost per game same, either one, since i really dont need two increases every pet lvl

Explorer
Oct 24, 2012
How is the Total Tower Value calculated

Greetings
Armand the BiRdMaNsecret
Arlen SpiritCatcher