Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

waterworks gear no good in avalon

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I have noticed that while in avalon my waterworks gear is no good. I don't know if the algarithyms are messed up or what? I was getting criticals almost every round in all other worlds, and in avalon I might critical every five fights, and of course i cant block criticals either, but I havent been getting my badges that im awarded either, and why should any of us have to go online to look up where to get gear for the right level? I love the game but, its just too much. Any thoughts on this?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed that while in avalon my waterworks gear is no good. I don't know if the algarithyms are messed up or what? I was getting criticals almost every round in all other worlds, and in avalon I might critical every five fights, and of course i cant block criticals either, but I havent been getting my badges that im awarded either, and why should any of us have to go online to look up where to get gear for the right level? I love the game but, its just too much. Any thoughts on this?
Altho we did Avalon with our WW gear it is a stretch and we won't do it with any other wizards most likely. You need to make up the block with other gear, rings, athemes and even wand. Like the beginning of the game many are running around with a miss mash of gear trying to seek a level that helps.

This world prepares you for the future of difficult worlds. Critical will become moot due to everything resisting it. Peirce is used. Pips seem to be lacking to get a spell out in time while the monsters have no problem getting full pad of them.

In the end you must do the math a lot more to get though and choosing gear and deck set up that fits your fight style and lets you prevent defeat is needed.

To increase the challenge of the game gear has become more difficult to figure out or get anything good of.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I dont worry about getting criticals on my enemies I am a life wizard. my thing is getting criticals in healing, as i said in other worlds i critical very often but in avalon, very rarely,and I have not come across any anthems or rings that are as good as the ones I have now,but I dont know where I should look for them anyway,I was just making an observasion,I like the difficulty but as I said I think the algs. are set diffrently in avalon. I havent found any gear as good as waterworks gear as far as bonuses go.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I dont worry about getting criticals on my enemies I am a life wizard. my thing is getting criticals in healing, as i said in other worlds i critical very often but in avalon, very rarely,and I have not come across any anthems or rings that are as good as the ones I have now,but I dont know where I should look for them anyway,I was just making an observasion,I like the difficulty but as I said I think the algs. are set diffrently in avalon. I havent found any gear as good as waterworks gear as far as bonuses go.
My wizard was also Life and I did wear the ww gear though Avalon and like you said critical did seem to be rare - like in Waterworks. I think the only thing I changed out was the wand - I went from a bow to an antler one. I needed more block. I was still using lvl 56 and 58 ring and atheme because I like my pips being there - all power ones preferred but I think my wizard lacks the damage it should have because of it. I have sort of a hit and run play style. I don't shield I just blade blade and cast forest lord.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
WW gear does not carry the block that is required in Avalon. You might be able to make that up with a wand, crafted ring and athame, but I think you will need to craft the block boots to be safe.
My Death wiz has crafted the whole Avalon gear set, including hat, robe, boots, ring and athame. I have not blocked a critical since. Of course I give up about 15% damage boost and about the same in power pip percentage, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I would say to try crafting the boots first, and after that look at the ring and athame. Toss in a good block wand and you should be alright. My block varies from around 180 to around 220 as of now. The crafted rings give you block to 3 schools in varying amounts. I chose storm as the highest, and it is at 220.
Good luck,
pods

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Saffron the Epic on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
re: gear- ww or wt crafted is still the best gear, for all schools. i got through avalon with it just fine, and am finishing up azteca, still in ww gear. the higher-level gear (zaf onward) is loaded with critical and armour piercing, but you lose block, resist, and a bunch of other stuff.

my suggestion: mix and match your ww set, if you have it, with boss drops,crowns gear, etc., until you find a setup that works for you. my level 90 balance has the following stats and gear:

health: 4310
mana: 331

damage: +71%
resist: +40% universal
power pips: 81%
accuracy +12%

critical/block is 88/145 or 113/122, depending on which wand i equip.

gear:

hood of judgement (waterworks)
cape of judgement (waterworks)
greenwarden's energetic boots (crowns item that was collecting dust in my shared bank)
misty mountain mandolin (knight's lore) or winterleaf spikesword (yuletide pack)
olyphant's storied scimitar (zafaria crafted athame)
witch's star necklace (level 58+ drop from nastrond, in wt).
nameless ring (level 76+ boss drop from somewhere in zaf/avalon.
pet: 2nd gen buddy dragon with spellproof, balance-it and sharp-shot.
calendar of the spiral king,

-

if you aren't blocking criticals, it means that a) you're fighting against a school with high critical (storm or fire, usually) or b) your school has low crit block (again, usually storm or fire). maybe try changing your gear.

as for your badges, are you sure that you have earned them and not simply discovered them? there is a complete list on w101 wiki. yes, it's a lot of info sometimes, but better to have it available and not need it, than the other way around.

-von
promethean sorceress

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
If it is 'no good' equiped other gear. ... That is it!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
...I think I will let you know it's not avalon, it's your level. I noticed that the higher my level gets, the more critical and block I need for 1%. Interesting, right? :P

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
just to update I have gone as far as I can in azteca. I have beaten the ghost malistare, and havent gotten any other quest, and I used my ww gear all the way through. my anthems and rings came from the tower of helephant, and water works.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
That would because they are out dated. Try doing the crafting quests and then make the avalon crafting gear.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
>I have noticed that while in avalon my waterworks gear is no good.

Really? That's very odd. My storm has completed Avalon and all he had was his waterworks gear. it was better than anything I found in avalon, and better than the crafted stuff. He didn't have any trouble at all.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
this is moot at this point. if you read the original post I was saying that criticals are few and far between in avalon. I am a healer so nobody blocks my critical. OK. still there? I was only saying you do not critical as often with ww gear in avalon. I am not speaking of block, or attack. I have beaten the game with my ww gear. this was an observasion i made. clear?

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
True, Waterworks Gear might not be that good in Avalon, but it depends on the total stats all of your equipment gives you altogether. For example, I'm still level 80 and I still use waterworks gear. I also have a sea dragon that gives me 10% resist. And you might want to keep your critical and critical block high enough to be effective. But eventually, I will get crafting gear, and it might also depend on what school you are or what school you are fighting. I don't critical block from ice enemies that much, and the wand you have is also important. When I was around level 60, I couldn't decide what wand to get. Or you can make crafted wands and athames from Wintertusk.
I hope this helps

~~~Isaac GreenGem, Level 80 wizard

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I would want to mix the life we gear and my death we gear because life is my second school. I have the kids mastery amulet and all and I have learned all the life spells that I could. So I would want to mix them! :D
Rylee SpiritBlood
Lvl 73

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
waterworks gear is no good because when i do critical the bosses always blocks it it's only good in like the ranks but i still past the avalon. it was kinda hard for me because that''s like the only ice gear i can use for damage and resitance. my friends never come so it was kinda hard.

Defender
May 29, 2009
This is my stats and gear.
3864 health
500 mana
55 death damage boost
16 other schools damage boost
15 universal resist
40 life and myth resist
140 death critical
116 universal block
ww hat