Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca Astral Spell Quests

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
I think the Astral Spell quests in Azteca are way too hard. Three against one?? How is this fair? Not everyone can afford henchman for this fight since you have to solo it. I'm having a lot of trouble fighting the boss for the star school on my Myth, and on my Fire, the quest for access to the sun school spells was one of the hardest fights I've ever done in this game. These fights are way too hard for wizards that only get as much as 2 power pips to start. I get on this game to have fun, not to try to win a losing fight against bosses that are way overpowered. I like a challenge, but sometimes it's just ridiculous i: .

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Thats exactly what i am saying! Kingsisle please change these quests to let people teleport to others in the battle. I've died to many times to just get a few spells. :/

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Has anyone else had difficulty being able to do the quest for the moon school in Azteca? I am level 90 and have completed the prequests but am still unable to enter the Chamber of Red Sorrow. Is there something I haven't done yet or is this a glitch? Has anyone else experienced this? Please KI if this is a glitch, could you fix it?
A frustrated Rowan StormRider

Survivor
Jun 05, 2012
I had trouble with those quests too! There are few that get through them without any help from minions, but what I did was buy henchmen they totally helped!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
try using shields, minions and treasure cards

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
I have been thinking the same thing...If it were to just be a boss or just a boss and one fire guy for astral it would be better. It isn't fair in anyway possible. I agree 7 power pips to 2 power pips. You can hardly do anything to stop that. This is very annoying. I can't buy crowns so I am stuck on solo...

Explorer
May 05, 2011
@aditha12 Dont you think we've tried that already?? But anyways, I recently got crowns and i used 1/5 of them on henchman to complete all of the astral quests. XD I guess everyone's answer to completing the quests are getting crowns for henchman. And now i have all 3 Trainers unlocked (FINALLY! ^.^) So... I'm done complaining. LOL

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
That has been one of the biggest issues. Since they are spell quests and in general, have to be soloed, it is really ridiculous to have to battle 3v1. Those will be passed up by any of my wizards as long as they remain 3v1. I refuse to hire henchmen even if I could afford the crowns, but I can't and won't.

Sorry KI, but AZ is stressful enough and I don't need or want more stress from a game that is supposed to be fun. So far, the fun in AZ is seriously lacking.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
After literally DOZENS of attempts to win those battles, I've finally unlocked all the astral spells in Azteca. I was really excited and went to cl to try out the new moon spells--the storm and life ones, as the ice one has terrible stats and was not worth my training points even from the onset--anyway, I went to cl to try them out and I died. Three times. 2,500 health for storm polymorphs with no block or resist?? I was killed before I could even consider attacking and I dare not to think that someone could survive a single round in Azteca with these polymorphs. Aren't polymorphs supposed to help us? They just seem like a really good way to get killed right now, and the quests to get them were so incredibly hard that I'm seriously considering cancelling Wizard101 for this utter unacceptable letdown. This is a sham for which KI should be ashamed.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
LUXAETERNA6603 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
After literally DOZENS of attempts to win those battles, I've finally unlocked all the astral spells in Azteca. I was really excited and went to cl to try out the new moon spells--the storm and life ones, as the ice one has terrible stats and was not worth my training points even from the onset--anyway, I went to cl to try them out and I died. Three times. 2,500 health for storm polymorphs with no block or resist?? I was killed before I could even consider attacking and I dare not to think that someone could survive a single round in Azteca with these polymorphs. Aren't polymorphs supposed to help us? They just seem like a really good way to get killed right now, and the quests to get them were so incredibly hard that I'm seriously considering cancelling Wizard101 for this utter unacceptable letdown. This is a sham for which KI should be ashamed.
Polymorphs have already lost their usefullness. I have trashed a lot of the TCs I had and the remaining ones I use up in Grizz when finishing up some badges. As for the new Astral Spells in Az, I have not really seen any that I wish to waste training points on. To me they just add more clutter to my decks. Of all the astrals I have trained just to get certain ones, Collosal, Extraordinary, Vengance and Infallible are the only ones I load depending on the enemy. I did not train Conviction, but do buy it in TCs.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I so agree, with you all here. I spent way too much crowns yesterday trying to survive the battle against 3 bosses that besides starting out with way too many pips, cheat and skip you on occasion. How the heck is that enjoyable?

We at level 90 should start of the battles with more pips than one or two. It really isn't fair and certainly not fun. Please change it so that we can continue to enjoy our game.
Thanks,

Caroline Thundermask level 90 balance wizard

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
It is funny how the quests are pretty much set up for the strongest school ever now with major resist and blockage the nefarious hated in pvp "ICE" I mean if you have great health and good resist you don't have to buy henchmen or port back and forth you just sit and heal every 28th round and just stay persistent. To get through the star quest without a Henchmen and not porting is nearly impossible

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
I finally beat them...I had to use 2 minion for each battle. The sun spell quest i finished without help. I got a bunch of crowns and got new gear to help too. Really brought up my health and hit. Really helps. I used lvl 90 life and storm minions.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
all you need is a lot of heals and at least too reshuffles. Shields would also help a bit.
The only reason to buy a minion if you are not life or death and do not have a life mastery. In that case i suggest you buy a 90 life minion. But you better keep him alive.
Going first would be a little advantage, so if you don't go first, just flee and go back in.
Since the boss for the astral spells is myth, use a lot of traps and attack quickly before he can wipe your blades
Training all the way to feint would help you a lot, because it majorly increases the damage of your attacks.
Also keep a sanctuary up, because you will last longer with less heals, or keep the bubble on your school's side.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I have finished all the areas in Azetca except the last two. Floating mountain and Twin Giants. I cannot find the quests or who to talk to to get these areas opened up. I have been looking at the spider web in Alto Alto for the last several days trying to figure this out. No one to talk to in order to get the quests to go onto Floating mountain and twin giants. Who and what am I missing? Where am I supposed to go to get these quests?