Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wanadi Black Sky is too hard!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
He is impossible! I tried using my regular boss deck (I am balance with ice to tower shield, death to feint, sun to colossal, and I have fortify, amplify, and vengeance) with Sprite Guardians and Polymorph Ninja Pigs (I know, bad move on my part) but he keeps knocking me out before I can even attack him once! I don't have crowns to buy henchman, but also telling me how many and which ones I should use if I did would help.

So, can people help me by giving suggestions as to how I can defeat this boss?

Blaze WinterBlossom, Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I feel your pain, it's much more harder for me because I am storm, and 3 against 1 is a bit unfair for me, I was never good at soloing bosses alone, I can never seem to get as far as hurting the boss with out taking out the minions, he's way to hard.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
This guy, keeping our wizards from getting our stellar spells away from us, he's to much to handle. Personally, I'm storm and I've never been able to beat a boss by myself ever since Celestia, now it's Azteca and the caps are up to lvl 90, cool, but then the regular ranks can use the new rank 10 spells?! That's outrageous, you make it seem the world is for lvl 90s, Wanadi Black Sky, I can barely even hit him, much less take the minion out, especially with them spawning those efreets, and criticals like crazy, another thing, I've noticed it's almost impossible to get a critical without being blocked, and almost impossible to block their criticals. Does anyone have any advice for Wanadi, and anyone agrees or disagrees?

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Many people have suggested this boss is impossibly hard so KI sells more henchman (and makes more money off us Little Wizards). Whether KI is that nefarious and greedy or not, Wanadi Black Sky does seem to be an impossible battle. Certainly if your gear is set for to rebuff the elemental (fire) attacks, the myth boss takes you down and vice versa. These impassible moments are when I get really tired with the game. There are certain points where W101 is not at all a solo game and/or requires crowns (for henchman) to pass certain stages. It makes me feel cheated. I suppose KI IS, after all, a business, but I hate feeling like I am having to pay for to play the game AGAIN when I already pay for a membership.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Br4dley02 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
He is impossible! I tried using my regular boss deck (I am balance with ice to tower shield, death to feint, sun to colossal, and I have fortify, amplify, and vengeance) with Sprite Guardians and Polymorph Ninja Pigs (I know, bad move on my part) but he keeps knocking me out before I can even attack him once! I don't have crowns to buy henchman, but also telling me how many and which ones I should use if I did would help.

I feel your pain. I am an Ice Wizard and even though I might get lucky and take out the two fire minions, Wanadi attacks whatever minion I have helping me the next round. Seemed like it would be easy, since Ice and Storm now have the capacity to do cross magical damage to Myth (Ice) and Fire (Storm); with the intro of Celestia or Wintertusk.

I am at the Bazaar loading up on a plan for her, since I have not seen any guides on strategy. I am gonna load up on Elemental Blades, Ice Blades, Universal Spells like Snow Angels and Tempest (since I can't cast Storm Lord), and buy minions like Life Guardian and Krokopatra.

Last time I actually tried, I managed to knock on minion down, almost got the other and did half on Wanadi. It was also when my worst fear was realized, you are on your own.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 87)

P.S., I will try to post my experiment. If it doesn't work, I will have to wait till I have more crowns, and continue with the main story line.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
There is hope to beat Wanadi.

Yesterday I had stopped by the Bazaar to buy 3 Balefrost, 4-6 Sprite Guardians, about 7 Snow Angels, 5-7 Tritons and a mixture of healing spells from the Balance School. This may not work for everyone, but by the eighth round I was able to pull out one Guardian as the 2 Smoking Zombies fell.

I was able to cast one of the Balefrost on my first or second turn, put up my blade, Elemental and the Ice Spear, and tossed cards away (I have Reshuffle) until I managed to find a Snow Angel. Since I was going second, they were throwing everything, including the kitchen sink at me, and when I was able to get the Snow Angel out, I was lucky to not have the henchmen of Wanadi block the Critical.

Two turns before the henchmen fell, I manged to bring out the first of four Guardians, and also used on Ice Guardian, but they all avoided my Sprite, until Wanadi started taking heavy damage, and then he/she? started throwing the Myth Frogs out like candy and send them packing.

When I had Wanadi down to less than 1000 points, I debated about tossing Morgan's Stampeding Mammoth at it, and was nervous cause I was down to 315 life points, but managed to win.

I repeated a similar process with the Sun School quest in Mangrove Marsh, but had the help of my Sleet Storm spell and was putting out about 4500 damage with all my blades and criticals.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 87) in Alto Alto

Explorer
May 05, 2011
It is IMPOSSIBLE for Myth wizards to do this. First off its 3v1 which is TOO unfair. Let me guess, next world we'll have to solo a 4v1??? >.<
Second off the boss is MYTH. which means we'll have to spend extra rounds adding in converts on Wanadi. Third off minions dont work. Sure Talos and Minotaur Minion help a little bit, but they are only able to stay in the battle for a maximum of like 3-4 rounds. And once the minion is dead, they always use big spells on me.

I've tried buying minions, but they always die before i get a good amount of pips.
One time i managed to defeat the Wanadi's minions, but then Wanadi killed me with a critical Orthrus. Kingsisle hear me out. PLEASE change the boss' school for myth wizards. You can change it to any school besides myth for us, and thats all. Its not fair that almost everytime when he criticals you NEVER block. Same with the minions. Its not fair, escpecially because the strongest attack all spell we have is Humongofrog which does up to 550 damage with gargantuan.
Either that or can you please not make this quest a solo anymore? It would help out a lot and take a lot of stress off of wizards.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i had to craft boots that gave me 26 resist to myth and buy a hat that gave me super resist to fire and as for the robe it was ww. the only reason i won was because of a super lucky critical that killed both his minions and a satyr that appeared in my hand right after. basicly its just a matter of luck(and you gonna need a LOT of it) wether you beat him or not unless you spend money on henchmen.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Darken Guardian on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
It is IMPOSSIBLE for Myth wizards to do this. First off its 3v1 which is TOO unfair. Let me guess, next world we'll have to solo a 4v1??? >.<
Second off the boss is MYTH. which means we'll have to spend extra rounds adding in converts on Wanadi. Third off minions dont work. Sure Talos and Minotaur Minion help a little bit, but they are only able to stay in the battle for a maximum of like 3-4 rounds. And once the minion is dead, they always use big spells on me.

I've tried buying minions, but they always die before i get a good amount of pips.
One time i managed to defeat the Wanadi's minions, but then Wanadi killed me with a critical Orthrus. Kingsisle hear me out. PLEASE change the boss' school for myth wizards. You can change it to any school besides myth for us, and thats all. Its not fair that almost everytime when he criticals you NEVER block. Same with the minions. Its not fair, escpecially because the strongest attack all spell we have is Humongofrog which does up to 550 damage with gargantuan.
Either that or can you please not make this quest a solo anymore? It would help out a lot and take a lot of stress off of wizards.
Kirk,

Which minions did u use? If I could have bought henchmen w/crowns, I would have bought a Life, and maybe a Storm. You are gonna need the extra help especially with the insane amount of damage put out by all three. The Storm henchmen naturally will cause more damage to the 3, and a Life Henchmen will switch between attack and healing you.

I know it sucks that it is a solo effort. been there and done that, but you have to think about what weaknesses the enemy has. In Azteca, when they attack me (Ice), I get damaged more by Myth and Death as well as Fire, but my gear has high protection against Ice-Fire-Storm damage unless I have a no Astral Spell assistance or Fortify.

Wanadi's henchmen are Fire, while he is Myth, but they all suffer the same weakness. In Azteca, Fire beasties are vulnerable to Storm, just as Myth are naturally weak to storm. My suggestion is the if you have the Mass Myth Prism from Ponycorn, max them in your deck. And if you can afford the henchmen, don't forget them, because you are gonna need the help.

The only reason I tried this strategy, was because I couldn't afford to buy the card that gives me 10000 crowns for $20.00, so I had to improvise. And like I said, if it didn't work for me, I would continue on the main quest and wait and do it later. I now have the Star and Sun Schools active.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88), outside the area in Mangrove Marsh waiting to get my rank 10 spell (Lord of Winter)

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Promethean oxnhors... on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Kirk,

Which minions did u use? If I could have bought henchmen w/crowns, I would have bought a Life, and maybe a Storm. You are gonna need the extra help especially with the insane amount of damage put out by all three. The Storm henchmen naturally will cause more damage to the 3, and a Life Henchmen will switch between attack and healing you.

I know it sucks that it is a solo effort. been there and done that, but you have to think about what weaknesses the enemy has. In Azteca, when they attack me (Ice), I get damaged more by Myth and Death as well as Fire, but my gear has high protection against Ice-Fire-Storm damage unless I have a no Astral Spell assistance or Fortify.

Wanadi's henchmen are Fire, while he is Myth, but they all suffer the same weakness. In Azteca, Fire beasties are vulnerable to Storm, just as Myth are naturally weak to storm. My suggestion is the if you have the Mass Myth Prism from Ponycorn, max them in your deck. And if you can afford the henchmen, don't forget them, because you are gonna need the help.

The only reason I tried this strategy, was because I couldn't afford to buy the card that gives me 10000 crowns for $20.00, so I had to improvise. And like I said, if it didn't work for me, I would continue on the main quest and wait and do it later. I now have the Star and Sun Schools active.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88), outside the area in Mangrove Marsh waiting to get my rank 10 spell (Lord of Winter)
Well I used the Talos and Minotaur minion, you cant use more than 1 minion at the same time or it will take the other minion's place. And i dont have any crowns left, because i spent them on Pirate101 Areas. Also, i have tried getting gear that has big resist for myth and fire, but i know its just a waste of my time and gold to get better resist gear, but less damage, accuracy, critical etc.

But I've never thought of using mass prism to make my attacks boost, that is kind of smart so i guess i will do that as well.

And i guess the boss will be much easier now, since i'm in Twin Giants (last area in Azteca) and i have my New Myth Calendar spell. And after i finish Azteca, I'll try to do what you said to kill Wanadi, but if it doesnt work, I REALLY hope KI will see people's problems with the boss and change it to not being a solo.

Thanks for the help anyways,

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
How to Solo a 'Solo only' Boss.

1) Make sure ALL your potion bottles are FULL.

2) when you enter the chamber place a mark.

3) Focus on killing minions or even just one minion.

4) If you kill one minion, and then die, you are transported back to the commons area. When this happens drink a potion and IMMEDIATELY port back to your mark. You only have a small time frame to port back so do not waste time catching wisps or playing a mini game.

5) place another mark. You will notice the minion(s) you killed are not there.

6) Repeat until you defeat the boss.

I have done this on each of the solo bosses, so I do know it works. I have never used crowns to buy henchmen using this strategy. I have used my own minions. They do help.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 86 Life

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
i found a trick so at least you can bring a friend or 2. go in mark go back out switch to 2 or 3 person mount then walk in friends should come in also

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
I agree with the title Wanadi Black Sky is too hard. He is to difficult without having the help of a friend. I'm fire, so that makes it really tough on me because of the fire minions. I have mass converts but they only show up when I don't need them. I have tried resist gear, yeah, it was pretty much a waste of gold. I think KI should allow you to have friends with you during that quest but maybe not just anyone. Maybe someone who has the quest or someone who has already did it. Minions wouldn't last long because of their low health, one power shot would probably kill them. Henchmen may help, however not much because the more the henchmen attack, the more chance they will be attacked back. I really think KI should lower the difficulty of that quest but will they? Most likely not.

Richard Ironbreaker
Fire
Level 85

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Darken Guardian on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:

are you even considering other people so you want the KI to change the boss's school so you can be happy if it worked like that then there would be no converts and there wouldn't really be a challenge. I am fire the two minions are fire I am not complaining about them stop being lazy and use your converts you got them for a reason.Consider other people's feelings and how they would have problems too

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
this boss is not that hard (for death wizards). it took me two tries to beat him at lvl 85. if there are any death wizards having trouble with this boss, here are the cards i used:
3-death blade
3-spirit blade
3-feint
2-scarecrow
2-reshuffle
1-curse
1-death trap
1-dr. von's monster
1-gargantuan(item spell)
to take out the minions use two of each of the first four spells listed, make sure you use feint before blade because of earthquake (i hate that spell), after that, the minions will be dead, and you most likely have more than half your health, now you can relax and take out the boss with the remaining cards, and if everything goes well, you'll finish up completely healed.
-Colin Ghostsword

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Darken Guardian on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Well I used the Talos and Minotaur minion, you cant use more than 1 minion at the same time or it will take the other minion's place. And i dont have any crowns left, because i spent them on Pirate101 Areas. Also, i have tried getting gear that has big resist for myth and fire, but i know its just a waste of my time and gold to get better resist gear, but less damage, accuracy, critical etc.

But I've never thought of using mass prism to make my attacks boost, that is kind of smart so i guess i will do that as well.

And i guess the boss will be much easier now, since i'm in Twin Giants (last area in Azteca) and i have my New Myth Calendar spell. And after i finish Azteca, I'll try to do what you said to kill Wanadi, but if it doesnt work, I REALLY hope KI will see people's problems with the boss and change it to not being a solo.

Thanks for the help anyways,
You're welcome, Kirk.

I am an Ice Archmage named Timothy Pearlflower in Azteca, if you see me (last known place was Cloudburst Forest) feel free to lend a wand. I realize that joining in will add another baddy to the other team, but I won't mind, as long as you don't cut and run.

Like I said, I gambled on the duel with Wanadi and won. And I have my Sleet Storm spell as a reward. Unless you have Life Spells that can attack, the Sun School PRIMORDIAL might be the best (adds 100 to whichever healing spell you use), because I have a Treasure Card Sharpened Blade and it only allows me to use it on attack spells for Life.

One good thing that is on your side, is that your health is higher and as long as you have some satyrs and pixies around, you might have a better chance.

Good luck from Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Absolutely this mob is too hard to beat.

Unless you're willing to P2W, or you've been EXCEPTIONALLY lucky on drops, or get EXCEPTIONALLY lucky on what your deck draws for you, you are going to lose.

Unfortunately this is the state of game design these days. The programmers get lazy and think that 'explative near impossible' is fun.

Trust me guys, it's not, it just encourages players to cheat, or to not even bother with your game.

Those few with enough disposible income to go the P2W route will soon be bored and realize how hollow the win is when they bought it and also go away.

There's no reason to put a 'solo only' THREE mob battle in this game. It's stupid and it's not very creative on your part.

You're dropping one myth boss with two high level fire minions.
At the start of the fight there's 16 pips against your piddly little 2, and darn near all of the 16 are power pips. That means the mobs can cast AT LEAST 2 high level spells on us before we have the pips for even ONE spell.

Next, let's not forget the 95% probability you're not going to have initiative and will be forced to always go second, so you can't even benefit from an Empowerment to balance the odds.

Also there's the nigh useless pet. Pets have been of decreasing effectiveness since Wysteria. They hardly ever cast, very, very, very few any heals above Pixie, but even those that do, cast WAY TO RARELY to be of any effective balance in this particular fight.

Next, there's the crit blocking. For the most part, I don't even know you guys bothered giving crits to players. Pretty much EVERY mob since Zafaria has an increasing chance to block a player crit.

Diminishing player crits. I've had my gear switched to where my crit rating was nearly 200, and at most I'd crit once every 12 casts.

Increased player fizzles. Yeah, even with a high focus, I've got an ACTUAL greater 25% chance to fizzle on meteor strike, higher level spells, don't even get me started...

To be continued...

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
.. Continued from previous post...

Plus the lack of deck cooperation. I'm pretty sure KI has added AI to make sure our deck picks the aboslute WORST combination of spells.

I've gone through this fight so many times and here's what seems to happen:

1. Nothing but blades comes up the first round, a few attack spells will come up a few rounds later, no heals.
2. Nothing but heals and blades come up for the first 5 rounds.
3. Nothing but attack spells, no blades, no heals, no prisms.
4. Nothing but star type spells, empowerment, colossol, no heals, blades, damage, etc.

On and on like that, battle after battle, I've only had ONE battle where the deck was 'reasonably' randomized to where I had a decent mix of spells. In THAT fight I was able to take out the two minions, but I still died. Hoping that this might be like a rare few other extremely hard fights, I ran back as quickly as possible, hoping Wanadi would be there alone, unfortunately no.

Take all that, add in a fire wizard (that's me), and it's hell.

I see no REASONABLE non-cheating/exploitive way to beat this fight without investing REAL dollars to buy the right minions and gear to beat this mob solo as a Fire Wizard.

I already pay for 3 accounts for my family, I'll damned if I spend money in a "Pay to Win" scenario that KI has cynically added in hopes of forcing even more dollars from my wallet.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
For all you wizards just keep spamming sandstorms to kill minion and use spectral blasts and hydras to kill boss. That is how i was able to solo Wanadi Black Sky. Also put in a lot of heals and shields since i barely survived because at points i had 36 and 57.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know what all of whinnying is about. I mean the game is suppose to be hard i had to solo it and i did it in the first try. Its just stack up to do a massive to all damage and kill the minions call in your minion so he can attack boss for a little while than stack up again and kill boss than call in minion to finish him. And if you are storm use Kraken to kill boss. And also shield.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I am a balance wizard and i do say he is tough but I manage to solo it.... Instead of using balance, I use Ice Treasure cards and Storm Treasure Cards that cause more damage with just using 4 pips and don't forget to get loads of Life Regenerate Cards as well and using Availing Hands Spell for Balance and Shields.

Autumn Legendflower Level 84

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
It wasn't hard for me to beat him and minions with only healing twice I used forest lord once with three blades and two gnowm spells with all gargantuan and feint no criticals and with a 15% damage and life trap

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Br4dley02 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:

I know how hard it is I'm storm, I have low health in five rounds I lost, but luckily I can help you. Step 1 shield on first round, step 2 get a blade for your school put it on, step 3 kill the minions, step 4 heal yourself, step 5 start blading and trapping for a few rounds, then finally kill him. Evan griffin forge archmage diviner,

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Outcasted Diviner on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
This guy, keeping our wizards from getting our stellar spells away from us, he's to much to handle. Personally, I'm storm and I've never been able to beat a boss by myself ever since Celestia, now it's Azteca and the caps are up to lvl 90, cool, but then the regular ranks can use the new rank 10 spells?! That's outrageous, you make it seem the world is for lvl 90s, Wanadi Black Sky, I can barely even hit him, much less take the minion out, especially with them spawning those efreets, and criticals like crazy, another thing, I've noticed it's almost impossible to get a critical without being blocked, and almost impossible to block their criticals. Does anyone have any advice for Wanadi, and anyone agrees or disagrees?
just remember to sheild, heal, cleanse charms, take out the minions first w/ AoEs, then get the boss w/ 1 or 2 big hits. I works pretty much every time

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I'm level 84. Its extremely difficult, however, I've noticed storm lord takes almost 1000 and that without shields or swords.

Also the new lion minion might do some good. It is still a very difficult boss. Would have been better to put a 30k boss but at least let a friend join.

Just my two cents (I am about to go battle him)