Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wanadi Black Sky is too hard!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Okay people listen up, this boss isn't that hard I used to think he was myself once. She was so hard that I tried an entire different strategy. Instead of using my own school spells I bought many death school spells and it actually worked. What you need to do is buy lots of heal attacks, scarecrow would be good for a start because it attacks all and it can kill the minions. When the minions are gone use wraith and Dr. Von's Monster and maybe a few Vampires and there is also feints and death traps to make the attack much stronger. And how much ever damage you deal you will get half of that back in health.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
im storm lvl 85, barely beat him in one try, huge thanks to my minion mokompo storm growler

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
She's not that hard, her health doesn't even pass 20 000 like I am used to talking about. For the spells, I would suggest Availing hands, preferably criticaled, and resist. I could solo wanadi but I did finish Azteca already so that wouldn't really be fair.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Br4dley02 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
He is impossible! I tried using my regular boss deck (I am balance with ice to tower shield, death to feint, sun to colossal, and I have fortify, amplify, and vengeance) with Sprite Guardians and Polymorph Ninja Pigs (I know, bad move on my part) but he keeps knocking me out before I can even attack him once! I don't have crowns to buy henchman, but also telling me how many and which ones I should use if I did would help.

So, can people help me by giving suggestions as to how I can defeat this boss?

Blaze WinterBlossom, Archmage Sorcerer
I'm balance to and ill tell you what I did to beat him.
1. Keep yourself shielded while putting on blades until you get full pips.(hopefully power pips)
2. If you have the needed pips hit with 2 ra's or power nova if needed to take out the minions and do some damage to the boss.
3. Once that's done you will most likely be low so make sure you have availing hands and use them until you have a decent amount of health.
4. Continue healing and blading until you get to full pips and use judgement.
5. Repeat step 4 until the boss is dead.
And that's how I beat him to get my stellar spell.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
This fight is a real frustration for fire as well. Really? Opening against all those power pips (and 3 attacks) vs 2 pips (and one attack), you (probably) go second, and two of the minions carry high resist to your spells? Yeah, we can mass prism, but of course that wasted turn (and pips) putting out a spell that does nothing to the boss will likely cost you your life. I mean seriously, these are some high DPS schools you've lined up against the players. If even two of the three crit on turn one, a player could very well die before ever getting a turn.
/sarc
Yeah, that is so much fun!
/sarc

Could you just not think of a more creative than a proverbial brick-wall for players to keep slamming into over and over, or forcing them to perhaps ignoring it until they are simply so overpowered they come back and do it later. Ponce, for example, was a nicely thought out fight. I thought it was a very creative cheat sequence, and it forced players to be creative in response. But forced 3v1 when bosses/minions are slinging this sort of damage is a bit ridiculous.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Hannah Lifebringer on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
How to Solo a 'Solo only' Boss.

1) Make sure ALL your potion bottles are FULL.

2) when you enter the chamber place a mark.

3) Focus on killing minions or even just one minion.

4) If you kill one minion, and then die, you are transported back to the commons area. When this happens drink a potion and IMMEDIATELY port back to your mark. You only have a small time frame to port back so do not waste time catching wisps or playing a mini game.

5) place another mark. You will notice the minion(s) you killed are not there.

6) Repeat until you defeat the boss.

I have done this on each of the solo bosses, so I do know it works. I have never used crowns to buy henchmen using this strategy. I have used my own minions. They do help.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 86 Life
You cannot mark in this area

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Would love to hear from any fire wizards that beat him with or without henchmen, but especially without. I am just curious if any (and how many) fire wizards did this without crowns. If you did manage to get through it without essentially buying your way through, what sort of deck set up did you use?

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
I was fire at the time and I did beat her without henchmen. What you might consider doing is buying some death spell treasure cards such as vampire, wraith, scarecrow and Dr. Von's monster. However, you will not be able to use Dr. Von's monster or scarecrow unless you have the death amulet. So forget Dr. Von's monster and scarecrow unless you have the amulet. Buy some feints, death traps, and some spirit blade treasure cards and spirit blade traps, unless you have used a training point to obtain those spells. Make sure to keep some heals in your deck such as fairy and satyr. Keep healing until you get a decent amount of health when you have the right set up cast a wraith and you will do a good amount of damage and get half that damage back in health. I was a fire wizard and that's how I beat her.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
I don't really know why everyone is finding him that hard. I'm a fire wizard and i beat him on the first try, what i did was blade up for a fire dragon (be wary about earthquake though) make sure i had a convert on the minions and take them out. I was left at 2000 health so after that i started to shield and heal until i was back to good health. Then i started trapping the boss first, then blading and was setting him up for a one shot kill with efreet and that was all there was to it. I didnt have to use crowns for henchman or anything i did it by myself. I did this at the level you are meant to do it as well so no sharpened blade or potent trap, i didnt even use any treasure cards. I found the next battle for the sun spells slightly harder but thats probably because they all were all fire.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
Me = I beefed up my spells Satyr=1331 and Pixie = 619, I brought my health to = 4144. I trimmed down my deck. I carried ONE each of these: Colossal, Pixie, Satyr, Sprite, Efreet, prism, shield, blade, trap, empower. My sole TC=reshuffle. (And I Did many times). I would flee the game if I was not first. I won because: a) I critical on a Satyr before any monster fell. b) I critical on a Sprite, and c) my pet bladed me at the end three rounds in a row. MY PLAN: Empower asap, and used as many of the cards as I could before using reshuffle. The minis? Prism, Trap, Blade, Colossal Efeet and that killed in one Swat.

Trainer .... Opened. What's this I could have used THAT spell in the Wanadi Solo, but then I would not have had the several days of trying and trying again.

You Say you want to be a Wizard SOLO Wanadi it's a lesson in being a Wizard.

Happy Spell Casting ..... Peace Out....

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
yeah he/she seems hard but don't worry cards 3 feint 3 curse 2 hex 2 balance blades don't forget to make them with sharpen blade and power nova 7 Shields And Judgment on boss hope this helped Adam Ghost Blade Level 90 other school or you can use henchmen hope this helped

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
Hi again.... Anyone who beat this boss in first try was very very lucky. This boss hit me with once dealing over 2k damage leaving behind a stun, while minis were standing. The only thing I think that would have made it easier would be to find gear with greater myth crit block. But what would i have had to give up for that?

Don't give up keep trying you will get the win....

Peace Out.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Grace LifeHunter on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Hi again.... Anyone who beat this boss in first try was very very lucky. This boss hit me with once dealing over 2k damage leaving behind a stun, while minis were standing. The only thing I think that would have made it easier would be to find gear with greater myth crit block. But what would i have had to give up for that?

Don't give up keep trying you will get the win....

Peace Out.
That's not entirely true, I have beaten Wanadi twice in one try. Easily beat him/her with death and barely but still beat him/her with storm on first try. So being very very lucky is not entirely true. I admit I had some trouble with my fire guy. Guess I'm not too great of a Fire Wizard. It took me around 5 or 6 tries with fire but I still managed to finally win.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
Hi! Missah4. Share your plan of action. What was your deck set up? Is your gear high fire/myth resist? I do still believe first time winners had luck on their side. Hey if you got first throw first time you stepped into the ring you were lucky.... for those
who are struggling, I feel your pain ... keep going you will make it!

Peace out!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
Messiah4 on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
That's not entirely true, I have beaten Wanadi twice in one try. Easily beat him/her with death and barely but still beat him/her with storm on first try. So being very very lucky is not entirely true. I admit I had some trouble with my fire guy. Guess I'm not too great of a Fire Wizard. It took me around 5 or 6 tries with fire but I still managed to finally win.
It took me one try without minions
It's not that hard

Level 86

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Finally beat him as . I used dragon and landed the crit on the first dragon cast to finish his minions in one shot. I had less then 200 health when fight ended. I actually got lucky since my first boosted efreet fizzled. I thought that was the end, but he passed or fizzled (I can't remember which), and I drew the boosted efreet again. All said and done, luck was on my side through this one, but I'll take it. Good luck to others, but especially good luck to Wizards.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
DimentoGraven on Mar 26, 2013 wrote:
Absolutely this mob is too hard to beat.

Unless you're willing to P2W, or you've been EXCEPTIONALLY lucky on drops, or get EXCEPTIONALLY lucky on what your deck draws for you, you are going to lose.

Unfortunately this is the state of game design these days. The programmers get lazy and think that 'explative near impossible' is fun.

Trust me guys, it's not, it just encourages players to cheat, or to not even bother with your game.

Those few with enough disposible income to go the P2W route will soon be bored and realize how hollow the win is when they bought it and also go away.

There's no reason to put a 'solo only' THREE mob battle in this game. It's stupid and it's not very creative on your part.

You're dropping one myth boss with two high level fire minions.
At the start of the fight there's 16 pips against your piddly little 2, and darn near all of the 16 are power pips. That means the mobs can cast AT LEAST 2 high level spells on us before we have the pips for even ONE spell.

Next, let's not forget the 95% probability you're not going to have initiative and will be forced to always go second, so you can't even benefit from an Empowerment to balance the odds.

Also there's the nigh useless pet. Pets have been of decreasing effectiveness since Wysteria. They hardly ever cast, very, very, very few any heals above Pixie, but even those that do, cast WAY TO RARELY to be of any effective balance in this particular fight.

Next, there's the crit blocking. For the most part, I don't even know you guys bothered giving crits to players. Pretty much EVERY mob since Zafaria has an increasing chance to block a player crit.

Diminishing player crits. I've had my gear switched to where my crit rating was nearly 200, and at most I'd crit once every 12 casts.

Increased player fizzles. Yeah, even with a high focus, I've got an ACTUAL greater 25% chance to fizzle on meteor strike, higher level spells, don't even get me started...

To be continued...
The programmers aren't getting lazy, actually, in some ways hard is fun, if it is one battle. I do admit that i lost to him and he is hard, but that does'nt mean you slack out of the game. You are meant to try hard with new strategies and get better at the game.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
willie4316 on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
i found a trick so at least you can bring a friend or 2. go in mark go back out switch to 2 or 3 person mount then walk in friends should come in also
you cant mark this area

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Wanadi isn't really hard at all. I just killed his minions, and then focused on him. It was probably easy for me because I'm death, since I get heals just by using my attacks and I get a damage boost towards myth. The only attack spell that I used was Dr. Von's Monster. Waterworks gear, and the level 90 Senators Shoes of Demise for the myth block. First try as well. If any death complains about him being too hard, you either do not have good gear, a good deck setup, or is just (no offence) bad.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Grace LifeHunter on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
Hi! Missah4. Share your plan of action. What was your deck set up? Is your gear high fire/myth resist? I do still believe first time winners had luck on their side. Hey if you got first throw first time you stepped into the ring you were lucky.... for those
who are struggling, I feel your pain ... keep going you will make it!

Peace out!
The deck setup was planned, I knew I would be facing Wanadi so I prepared for it. With death it wasn't hard at all. I just always fully healed in one attack with Wraith, Scarecrow or Dr. Von's Monster of course I did use spirit blades and my regular death blades. For those who aren't death what you might want to do is go to the Wizard City Library, they have some Elemental and Spirit Blade and Elemental and Spirit Trap treasure cards. They are a bit more powerful than the originals you have in your spell book. Use the TC blade and traps plus the ones you have in your spellbook. Make sure you bring your best pet along. The one who has good heal stats, good attacks, and may give a balance blade, dragon blade or whatever. Pack some Gargantuans or Colossals in your deck whichever you prefer to use. Bring along some feints and especially Satyr's. Wear some good resist to Myth and Fire. Might want to consider Waterworks gear. It usually gives about 30 something resist to everything plus it gives you some damage for your school. Heal when you need too, buff up and go for an attack. Not saying it's going to be easy because it won't be but you will eventually beat Wanadi.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
If your a balance its not that hard it took me a few tries but i did it. For the minions i used a treasure card feint, one balance blade and one blade storm and i got a critical so that helped. For Wandi what i did was use a chimera with a colossal. You need to get a myth prism and stack other balanceblades and blade storm, and you need elemental blade and a sharpened blade (tc or from enchanted armor pet). Once you stack those the first myth hit should be around 11,000 and the life hit should be around 9,000, you will not get to the death hit. For heals you need availing hands, when I did my availing hands I usually got criticals. Hope I helped.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I think the critical rating is a problem for most wizards. Well hopefully Ki can weaken the enemies later on, but as for now you need either a better block rating or myth reistance gear.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
I am a Myth Wizard and I beat Wanadi without henchmen. I used 2 minions but I did it. I Celestial Calendared him into next century (no time pun intended). The trick is to shield and blade yourself up until you got enough pips for a CC attack. I was also using the life amulet so healing was easier. So Myth Wizards, it is possible!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Could some of you fire wizards who claim it was so easy you did it on the first try share how you did it when they block all my criticals? I'm wearing critical blocking for both fire and myth,what are you wearing?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
Hannah Lifebringer on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
How to Solo a 'Solo only' Boss.

1) Make sure ALL your potion bottles are FULL.

2) when you enter the chamber place a mark.

3) Focus on killing minions or even just one minion.

4) If you kill one minion, and then die, you are transported back to the commons area. When this happens drink a potion and IMMEDIATELY port back to your mark. You only have a small time frame to port back so do not waste time catching wisps or playing a mini game.

5) place another mark. You will notice the minion(s) you killed are not there.

6) Repeat until you defeat the boss.

I have done this on each of the solo bosses, so I do know it works. I have never used crowns to buy henchmen using this strategy. I have used my own minions. They do help.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 86 Life
this does not work. i tried marking the inside you can not do it.