Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Wizard101 Gear....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
So i was checking out the new Azteca gear and i have to say.... Its not really good, in fact after checking out some gear on the wiki, its actually horrendous... But why is that so? I feel that at about the world of Celestia the gear really drops in everything. Like, the gear you get az is barely any better then the gear in Zafaria!!! (Which is 2 worlds back!)

If you think about from level 10 to level 40 (30 levels) the gear drastically improves. But from level 60 to level 90 (also 30 levels) the gear barely improves. Why is that? Ok, granted there is some reasonable gear, but it is mostly if not all crafted or crown stuff, especially level 60+. Most of the drops, from even the toughest bosses in the higher level worlds are really not that good. So why is the gear so bad? I would love for anyone from Kingsisle to maybe respond to this, maybe there is a purpose to this that i'm clearly not seeing? Id also like to hear the opinion of anybody else about the gear in Celestia and over.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yes we definately need gear improvements for 80+ players.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Yes we definately need gear improvements for 80+ players.
I agree completely lastdaysgunslinger, the gear must be improved, thank you for sharing.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Because they made a mistake with the lvl 60 OP gear and they and cannot turn it back. The fact that you can pass Azteca with lvl 60 gear prove it. At lvl 60 with lvl 60 gear defeating mobs seems ridiculously easy.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
open33 on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
Because they made a mistake with the lvl 60 OP gear and they and cannot turn it back. The fact that you can pass Azteca with lvl 60 gear prove it. At lvl 60 with lvl 60 gear defeating mobs seems ridiculously easy.
In your opinion Waterworks, or level 60 gear is OP!

Personally, I dont feel that Waterworks gear or level 60 gear is overpowered, it actually made all the classes a lot more balanced. Now after that, they tried to increase the gear so dramatically and add too much instead of small increases to things and that is what makes some gear so overpowered.

It would not be hard to make good gear again, but the main mistakes, in my opinion, is the fact that KI made new crafted gear with amazing stats, but at the same time, crafting is not easy, so crafted gear should be amazing, but farming for good gear should still have it's advantages, which is something KI has failed to do since Waterworks.

With the new worlds, we still have only +1 powerpip wands, we still dont have simplify or elucidate spells, while all the mobs have +6 or 7 power pips. So, universal resistance is required to withstand the constant barrage of spells the basic mobs are throwing at you.