Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm tired of this

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
I seen this a bunch of times in Azteca people just walk into the battle and flee making another minion appear this needs to stop I died because of that. Its annoying they just flee making it hard for people to progress.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
I know i have done that a couple of times but not to add another enemy. Normally i forgot to switch decks or i needed mana

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
It does happen at times but you need to just be patient and try to get through. Hopefully those type people arent on all the time. I would suggest if you havent already revamp your deck to be ready for anything.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There is no perfect solution to resolve this,but there are things KI can do to lessen the frequency of things such as this.Here are just a few examples:

1) No one that has not completed the quest progression to access a world,should be allowed to port into this,or any other world.While some friends and families will cry foul, it will lessen many problems,such as your example.When someone is allowed Carte Blanche,instead of earning there access,there is no incentive to behave or respect the rules.
2) Anyone who joins combat and flees/logs off should have a penalty of some sort. It could be in the form of temporary penalties to stats,automatic aggro in next combat,etc.
3) It could also be something as simple if the person flees,then the extra mob flees as well.

There are many solutions,but unfortunately KI has a habit of ignoring many problems that plague the game.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Intrepidatius on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
There is no perfect solution to resolve this,but there are things KI can do to lessen the frequency of things such as this.Here are just a few examples:

1) No one that has not completed the quest progression to access a world,should be allowed to port into this,or any other world.While some friends and families will cry foul, it will lessen many problems,such as your example.When someone is allowed Carte Blanche,instead of earning there access,there is no incentive to behave or respect the rules.
2) Anyone who joins combat and flees/logs off should have a penalty of some sort. It could be in the form of temporary penalties to stats,automatic aggro in next combat,etc.
3) It could also be something as simple if the person flees,then the extra mob flees as well.

There are many solutions,but unfortunately KI has a habit of ignoring many problems that plague the game.
I agree completely~ no one respects others, when there is nothing to be gained from doing so. If you haven't unlocked the world via story progression, then you should not be there. Period. Ninety-nine percent of the time, those who cry about it are the ones who simply want the reward for little or no work.

Another solution: if someone who is extremely underleveled (a level 12 in Celestia, for example) randomly ports to a higher-level friend, have the Flee button lock up, thus forcing the player to finish what s/he started and help the other person to get rid of the extra monster that s/he dragged in.

/my 2 cents,
-von

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Nope KI hears the complaints they just know that this is an MMO and it cannot be stopped with out worse consequences. Because its not so much a problem but an annoyance. We pay to play an MMO we dont pay to play zelda.
Hey gunslinger why so lenient on this thread your usually tearing people up for these posts lol.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
fireproof1111 on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Nope KI hears the complaints they just know that this is an MMO and it cannot be stopped with out worse consequences. Because its not so much a problem but an annoyance. We pay to play an MMO we dont pay to play zelda.
Hey gunslinger why so lenient on this thread your usually tearing people up for these posts lol.
Actually you are wrong. Every MMORPG that I am aware of,has some sort of in-game restriction on people accessing areas they do not belong in,rude behavior,etc. Some even go over-the-top in addressing these situations. Just because you are tolerant/unaware of a problem,doesn't meant that there isn't one. I do agree with one of your sentiments though; I pay to play this game,and as such I expect diligence from the game designers/owners when it comes to dealing with cretins who's only purpose seems to be disrupting others.

*** a small footnote for those that think incorrectly that because you pay a membership,you are allowed unfettered access throughout the spiral.***
Create a new wizard,and then try to access a new world without teleporting to a friend. You cannot do it. You still have to meet in-game requirements<quest progression> before accomplishing that task.Porting to friends has simply become a way to circumvent quest progression for a select number of players who want to disrupt the game for others. A good example would be the problem of people joining and fleeing battles such as this threads author indicates. While you can never be "cretin free" in online games,KI has failed miserably in there efforts <or lack thereof> to address situations like these. The true irony is that this game revolves around the kids and family,and yet has the worst record of fixing problems such as these of any online game I have seen. The bottom line is KI owes its faithful players more,and ignoring situations such as these will ultimately result in a disgruntled player base,and the downfall of this great game. I hope KI listens and takes steps before "The Spiral" goes down in a spiral.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
think now,

"1) No one that has not completed the quest progression to access a world,should be allowed to port into this,or any other world.While some friends and families will cry foul, it will lessen many problems,such as your example.When someone is allowed Carte Blanche,instead of earning there access,there is no incentive to behave or respect the rules.
2) Anyone who joins combat and flees/logs off should have a penalty of some sort. It could be in the form of temporary penalties to stats,automatic aggro in next combat,etc."
the thing that is wrong with 1 is that if you have paid for membership to unlock every world then you should get every world otherwise it would not be fair on those who do pay to unlock them. also some people go to help others but sometimes the boss is to powerfull for him/her

the thing that is wrong with number 2 is that the main reason of people fleeing is that the need to go cause they are either going somewhere or its bed time for that person.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Lol im about ready to give up on trying to make people understand.

People playing this game are either not seeing points made,to arrogant to see their in the wrong or are very uneducated/unexperienced on Massively Multiplayer Online games so i basically cant seem to change a persons perspective. So thats why im not ranting lol.

Sooner or later something happens during a persons gameplay that will enable them to see the light and then they can see what im speaking of when i RANT.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Intrepidatius on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Actually you are wrong. Every MMORPG that I am aware of,has some sort of in-game restriction on people accessing areas they do not belong in,rude behavior,etc. Some even go over-the-top in addressing these situations. Just because you are tolerant/unaware of a problem,doesn't meant that there isn't one. I do agree with one of your sentiments though; I pay to play this game,and as such I expect diligence from the game designers/owners when it comes to dealing with cretins who's only purpose seems to be disrupting others.

*** a small footnote for those that think incorrectly that because you pay a membership,you are allowed unfettered access throughout the spiral.***
Create a new wizard,and then try to access a new world without teleporting to a friend. You cannot do it. You still have to meet in-game requirements<quest progression> before accomplishing that task.Porting to friends has simply become a way to circumvent quest progression for a select number of players who want to disrupt the game for others. A good example would be the problem of people joining and fleeing battles such as this threads author indicates. While you can never be "cretin free" in online games,KI has failed miserably in there efforts <or lack thereof> to address situations like these. The true irony is that this game revolves around the kids and family,and yet has the worst record of fixing problems such as these of any online game I have seen. The bottom line is KI owes its faithful players more,and ignoring situations such as these will ultimately result in a disgruntled player base,and the downfall of this great game. I hope KI listens and takes steps before "The Spiral" goes down in a spiral.
Actually pyrsik i am correct ,what i am speaking of is that we are playing an MMO and there are live people with their own free will playing with us so anything can and will happen. Yes other MMo's have restrictions on some things but those games also dont have a port to option either.
As long as something is not breaking the rules of the user agreement then its not illegal in game. Getting the port option removed not only would create a disturbance for people that use it all the time but also with in time the people that post arguments about this posts subject would also in time complain we dont have a port option any longer. So it weighs out to KI changing something and having the select few happy for now but complaining later along with the others or just let it alone and have the select few still complain. I think its obvious of the correct choice.
See everyone on this game has the right to get on the forums to speak their minds but when it comes down to it KI will only do what they really need to do with the issue. And plain an simple this is not an issue its an annoyance so you must just deal with it if you want to play.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
fireproof1111 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Actually pyrsik i am correct ,what i am speaking of is that we are playing an MMO and there are live people with their own free will playing with us so anything can and will happen. Yes other MMo's have restrictions on some things but those games also dont have a port to option either.
As long as something is not breaking the rules of the user agreement then its not illegal in game. Getting the port option removed not only would create a disturbance for people that use it all the time but also with in time the people that post arguments about this posts subject would also in time complain we dont have a port option any longer. So it weighs out to KI changing something and having the select few happy for now but complaining later along with the others or just let it alone and have the select few still complain. I think its obvious of the correct choice.
See everyone on this game has the right to get on the forums to speak their minds but when it comes down to it KI will only do what they really need to do with the issue. And plain an simple this is not an issue its an annoyance so you must just deal with it if you want to play.
I agree with prysik. The port option would not be gone. It just would not allow one to port forward into unopened content. Have the key you can anywhere you want. Don't have the key you can't enter the area. A simple concept like going to a store or someones home.

As for people who flee, they should take their NPC with them when they leave. That would take care of the griefers who do this to cause trouble for others.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
fireproof1111 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I respect your opinions, but you are wrong based on the evidence I have seen from many other mmorpg's. Ignoring problems such as unrestricted porting,under-leveled for certain areas,circumventing quest requirements for access,etc. is simply not healthy for the respective game. Some games learned their lessons,some did not and lost their subs. I hope KI does not continue on its path of ignoring problems,and hope they go away. The only thing that will go will be the customers.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Its funny that many first-time players with wizards who haven't gained spiral key access to higher level worlds have strong opinions about these subjects. Especially when they don't take the time to read and understand various threads. Hey, lets read the subject line and a couple sentences and then post our opinions! This must become drudgery for the poor KI forum mods, seeing the same posts over and over and over and over.... I can only assume they have a good sense of humor. I'll bet KI has an info-board in their lunch room where they post the craziest and weirdest forum posts. Well if you are reading this... hurry up, finish your lunch and get back to work!

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
For those of you who might not realize - you can turn your ports OFF! Then your friends would need to ask you if they can port to you. And yes, you can turn your ports on and off when in battle - just press "c" and your book will open to the options page automatically. So, please don't tell me that turning your ports off prevents you from getting help if you need it (since it seems to be a common response to the closed port solution)

Just my 2 cents....

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Its funny that many first-time players with wizards who haven't gained spiral key access to higher level worlds have strong opinions about these subjects. Especially when they don't take the time to read and understand various threads. Hey, lets read the subject line and a couple sentences and then post our opinions! This must become drudgery for the poor KI forum mods, seeing the same posts over and over and over and over.... I can only assume they have a good sense of humor. I'll bet KI has an info-board in their lunch room where they post the craziest and weirdest forum posts. Well if you are reading this... hurry up, finish your lunch and get back to work!
So true and so funny. I bet they do.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I respect your opinions, but you are wrong based on the evidence I have seen from many other mmorpg's. Ignoring problems such as unrestricted porting,under-leveled for certain areas,circumventing quest requirements for access,etc. is simply not healthy for the respective game. Some games learned their lessons,some did not and lost their subs. I hope KI does not continue on its path of ignoring problems,and hope they go away. The only thing that will go will be the customers.
"some did not and lost their subs"
I would like to know where you get your information and what games are you speaking of. What other game do you know of that has underlevels in areas and unrestricted porting. I ask these questions to see if you are just disagreeing to disagree or if you actually have evidence to support your argument.
All the games ive played did not even have a port to option and ive played countless titles for the past 15 years. The only game that lost subs was EQOA and it had nothing to do with porting or underlevels it actually lost subs due to SoE allowing a few complainers on the forums their own way and the rest of the people started quitting then they closed up shop. Might be something to think about.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
amy7274 on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
For those of you who might not realize - you can turn your ports OFF! Then your friends would need to ask you if they can port to you. And yes, you can turn your ports on and off when in battle - just press "c" and your book will open to the options page automatically. So, please don't tell me that turning your ports off prevents you from getting help if you need it (since it seems to be a common response to the closed port solution)

Just my 2 cents....
This doesn't pertain to people porting to you. It pertains to random low-level players that are in areas they shouldn't be, that have ported to someone else, then are left to have free reign to wander around a world and join fights that they couldn't possibly win without help.

In Azteca, I had a level 35 join my fight. He was decimated in one shot from the enemy and turned into a bobble-head. Luckily, the mob I was fighting wasn't too bad and I was able to kill the enemy (plus the extra one) fairly quickly. The bobble-head level 35 was mad because he kept demanding that I heal him throughout the battle, and that he wouldn't get any rewards. I don't carry heals for mob fights, and if I did, I certainly would not have wasted a turn and pips to heal him.

I've had several people join my battles and then flee. I'm not sure if all of them were low-level or not, but I think it's extremely rude to flee.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
This doesn't pertain to people porting to you. It pertains to random low-level players that are in areas they shouldn't be, that have ported to someone else, then are left to have free reign to wander around a world and join fights that they couldn't possibly win without help.

In Azteca, I had a level 35 join my fight. He was decimated in one shot from the enemy and turned into a bobble-head. Luckily, the mob I was fighting wasn't too bad and I was able to kill the enemy (plus the extra one) fairly quickly. The bobble-head level 35 was mad because he kept demanding that I heal him throughout the battle, and that he wouldn't get any rewards. I don't carry heals for mob fights, and if I did, I certainly would not have wasted a turn and pips to heal him.

I've had several people join my battles and then flee. I'm not sure if all of them were low-level or not, but I think it's extremely rude to flee.
Right but if people turned their port off then those random people wouldnt be there. It is frustrating when someone that cannot hold their own joins your battle but it is good that you have a deck setup to enable a victory even when a unexpected visitor shows up.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
KI please stop this players are so tired of it. No Key No entry to area also if they happen to get in and they flee make them sit out of game for perhaps 30 minutes to an hour this kind of timeout will allow the player to reflect on what they did and know it was wrong to begin with. Similar to being put on mute but not as harsh.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Right but if people turned their port off then those random people wouldnt be there. It is frustrating when someone that cannot hold their own joins your battle but it is good that you have a deck setup to enable a victory even when a unexpected visitor shows up.
The only way this is 100% effective is if 100% of us turn off ports. That just won't happen. The cleanest, easiest and fastest solution is to allow ONLY people into worlds where they hold the Spiral Key or only allow people to non battle common areas for a sneak peak. It also adds incentive to quest to get to higher worlds.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Megan Frostriver on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
The only way this is 100% effective is if 100% of us turn off ports. That just won't happen. The cleanest, easiest and fastest solution is to allow ONLY people into worlds where they hold the Spiral Key or only allow people to non battle common areas for a sneak peak. It also adds incentive to quest to get to higher worlds.
Mom2 i understand where your coming from but i will say that if a day comes when you are in azteca and need assistance but no level appropriate friends are on you will see why i disagree with this.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Why not just make a pop up where if someone goes in to someone else's battle, it'll ask if the person who originally started the battle if they would like the other person to join?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
Mom2 i understand where your coming from but i will say that if a day comes when you are in azteca and need assistance but no level appropriate friends are on you will see why i disagree with this.
I'm not in Azteca yet, but I can certainly say thay when I am in mid tough battle, the last thing I need is random person X jumping in and then fleeing (as per OP). This usually leads to certain death.

I rather die my own death and return with new strategy or friends. Sometimes random people jumping in last minute without asking can help a tough battle, but usually if things are already going bad its too late anyway... if you only have one or two rounds left before certain death. Especially if they are underleveled.

(Speaking of Spiral Worlds Celestia and Beyond)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
i have an idea people what if you can chose who can't port to you and chose who can. there could be a button next to the friends name with a port pic and if you press it they can't port. this would be better as you can chose the friends you want to come

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Yeah, and what if you have ports off but the random guy standing on the steps behind you doesn't and his level 20 friend runs into your battle uninvited, only to spam "I need healing" ad nauseum?

Not only that, but why should we have to turn our ports off? It's not the fault of the person who didn't avail herself of the porting option~ it's the fault of the disrespectful person who didn't ask before disrupting someone else's experience.

-von