Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Wizards, your thoughts please.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
duch1234523 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
yes, if your saying we do not have enough attacking spells i totally agree! we need more attacking spells and less healing spells!

thanks, abigail sand river

lol your obviously not understanding that life is more of a healing class rather than attacking. my wife and i have been playing through wizard101 for some time now and she is able to both deal out awesome healing and heavy damage, and guess what? She's LIFE SCHOOL. so your complaining over nothing. its all about looking for the right thing and playing your cards right people.

Kane Nightweaver, lvl 84 Storm School

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Did I say that Life should hit harder than Storm? No.

I mention the mastery Amulets because Life Mastery amulets are so pervasive in the game among the high level players. There might be wizards out there who have crafted gear for Myth/Life or Fire/Life (for example) who might want to access a spell like the one that I propose. In short, it isn't necessarily a Life School only spell. The same holds true for all of the spells.

It's especially true for the healing spell. Circle of Life is in no way a 'Life only' spell. Everybody heals, though I don't see Death Wizards finding this a very useful spell to train. At the risk of repeating myself one time too many, I don't need another healing boost. Let the other schools train this one if they like, I am fine with Mend.

Allow me to expound upon that. If I could have known a year ago when I trained Mend that this spell would be available, I would have held out and trained Cycle of Life instead, as it's a superior spell. But I didn't know about it and I won't use the training point now. They really are too similar for me to justify it.

I completely disagree with your assertion that the other schools are limited in their healing options or capabilities once equipped with a Life Amulet. They have to sacrifice offensive power with ring and athame choices in the same manner that Life does to maximize their healing. With the exception of the Sword of Kings, there isn't a lot of Life School-specific gear that increases healing that are superior to others. It's possible to match a Life Wizard in heal boosting stats, but not possible to match a school in their damage capabilities without school-specific gear. There's no shortage of treasure cards about to get them spells beyond Fairy and Satyr.
to be honest i see no problems with this topic. i have a balance wizard who's healing output is almost 60% outgoing and 30% incoming. so i actually agree with you shiponland. but i also agree that life also deserves a choice in the matter. so instead of changing the cycle of life spell to only damage why not just add a spell that gives damage too? that way both the healers and the damage givers in life school have a choice.

Kane Nightweaver, lvl 84 Storm, 81 Balance, 47 Death

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Fellow Life Wizards,

A decision has been made not to award the opportunity to train a level 84 Star School spell to Life School. Every other school in the game has been given the choice of choosing a damage increasing aura spell at level 84. Only Life School has not been given the choice of this combat enhancing option. There is a healing aura available to all the schools at level 84, but as an experienced Life Wizard, I am supremely skilled at healing already. Healing effectively, for me and likely for my fellow Life Wizards, is not an issue we advanced wizards face. We need and deserve the choice to increase our attack capabilities if that is our wish.

Azteca is difficult in the extreme. We need power to fight back just as much as any other schools do.

If you support this, I invite you to leave a reply. Perhaps with enough voices, we can be heard.

Many Thanks,
Calamity Skullblood
Archmage Theurgist
I do not have a Life wizard, but I do agree with you whole-heartedly. Life is not just a healer, but needs to do damage as well to protect themselves and destroy the bad guys.

Life needs better damage spells!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
i love my life wizard, she was my very first and now she is lvl 90 but azteca was tough since i always needed help from others to inflict damage...but i love seeing the smiles on peoples faces when i heal them and they say wow that was a very nice heal, thank you. of course if your a life wiz and you would rather be able to hit better than heal...thats fine too, i mean the new spell for lvl 88 life school is in fact a damage spell so nobody should be complaining. just have fun

Survivor
May 26, 2010
I my self am a life wizard and i agree!! We should also get a choice.
thanks
shannon silverheart

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Well i am in a agreement but there is ways to increase our damage like the sharpen spell to our blades i am an level 90 life wizard and a one in a million badge carrier , there are ways to do more damage with out having a level 84 star damage alura.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Ok i agree with life needs more damage options but in all seriousness here lets look at something, If your a life wizard why did you choose life? After all the explaining that life is a healing school did you actually think you would be dealing massive damage?
Thats the mistake people are making. See i wouldnt choose fire or storm thinking "man im gonna really heal people" nope i would chose them thinking "man ima do some damage ". This is why most dont get what a role has to do with the game. Each school has their specialties. Lifes happens to be healing.
If you choose life school your a healer learn to deal with it , Or move to another school. Or you could just go with it but please please please dont complain that people want you to heal them or ask for thunder rocking damage if your a life school wizard.

Take care and safe journeys

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Ok i agree with life needs more damage options but in all seriousness here lets look at something, If your a life wizard why did you choose life? After all the explaining that life is a healing school did you actually think you would be dealing massive damage?
Thats the mistake people are making. See i wouldnt choose fire or storm thinking "man im gonna really heal people" nope i would chose them thinking "man ima do some damage ". This is why most dont get what a role has to do with the game. Each school has their specialties. Lifes happens to be healing.
If you choose life school your a healer learn to deal with it , Or move to another school. Or you could just go with it but please please please dont complain that people want you to heal them or ask for thunder rocking damage if your a life school wizard.

Take care and safe journeys
Life players DO understand that they heal. However, how many more heals or healing boosts do you need, when all other schools get damage boosts? All Life is asking for is for the same chance to get damage boosts. Not every Life is going to be 'grouping' to do quests. They want to play solo, too (or at least have a choice to). Many schools have their own healing spells, so why can't Life have what they need?

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Right, Life School heals people. That's what we do. No mystery there, no ambiguity, no need to clarify that point.

I decided to do a little experiment. I put on all my healer gear, every piece, and went to Colossus Boulevard. Not the stuff I would use for combat in Azteca, just the assorted things that I have available to me. The healer stats were +101% outgoing and +33% incoming. I cast sanctuary, mend, brilliant light, guiding light and a guiding light from an amulet. Once everything was humming along, I cast a Dryad at full pips.

BOOM!

I healed for over 33,000 points.

Just imagine what I could have done with 5% more healing power.

Or if I had gone critical!

(BTW, where's my 'Heal the World' badge for such an outrageously high heal? I could have used a treasure Sanctuary card and a treasure Cycle of Life and some treasure Guiding Lights and Brilliant Light. I want a badge, boo hoo hoo.)

All kidding aside, I remain convinced that Life Wizards do not need more healing capacity at this advanced stage of the game. KI would do a much better service to their players who choose a Life School character by offering them a damage option. This doesn't stem from some confusion over what my 'role' is, this is from playing the game, mind you.

Also, I have received some sweet heals from Fire Wizards before. Who says they can't heal when they want to?

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I for one have played most of the game solo with my life wizard. Opponents find my life wizard to be every bit as deadly as any other school. I will admit that sometimes it takes a few more rounds to dispatch my rivals than some other schools, but with the healing abilities of a life wizard this is not an issue. Life wizards do not need to quickly defeat an enemy before being defeated themselves. Often I wear down an opponent with a mix of strong attacks and heals to myself as needed. Keeping enough pips in reserve to be able to heal yourself at need will keep you going against a strong opponent. Do not get in a hurry. Dispatch the spares, then heal, then go after the boss. Keep a heal up and pips to use it. You can "dip" into this pip reserve as needed for attacks when your opponent is "pip weak" and does not have enough pips to cause enough damage to defeat you. This basic is battle strategy. Use your strengths. Each school has different strengths and you must adjust your strategy accordingly. My fire wiz has to defeat opponents quickly or he is in serious trouble. He cannot rely on heals to bring him back into the battle with the ease that my life wizard can. This is part of the reason for the differences between schools. Each has strengths and weaknesses. Each brings something to the game. I have soloed many tough bosses. I have entered towers as part of a team with no attack spells but what my wand provided. Even though I could not attack I was a critical part of the effort and the teams success. While my teammates hammered away at our opponents I cast heals, traps, blades, and shields. They were able to focus on defeating our opponents while I boosted their attacks and kept us alive. Adjust how you use your life wizard, and your spell deck for the task at hand, and you have one of the most versital and deadly wizards the game has to offer.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Life players DO understand that they heal. However, how many more heals or healing boosts do you need, when all other schools get damage boosts? All Life is asking for is for the same chance to get damage boosts. Not every Life is going to be 'grouping' to do quests. They want to play solo, too (or at least have a choice to). Many schools have their own healing spells, so why can't Life have what they need?
Que i understand and i wish they would give life more damage options but im not seeing damage schools on here asking for more healing options and thats the point im making. Life is a healers school not meant to be a damage school.
I know the spells donot do the damage you would wish they did but unfortunately thats the way it is set up. Life takes a while to defeat an opponent but at least they can last the battle by using heals and shields, Where some storm and fire school students cannot because they only have a pixie or some TC heals. Which brings me to another point get a mastery amulet and use a damage secondary school or TC cards for added damage.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
ABC EZ as 123 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Right, Life School heals people. That's what we do. No mystery there, no ambiguity, no need to clarify that point.

I decided to do a little experiment. I put on all my healer gear, every piece, and went to Colossus Boulevard. Not the stuff I would use for combat in Azteca, just the assorted things that I have available to me. The healer stats were +101% outgoing and +33% incoming. I cast sanctuary, mend, brilliant light, guiding light and a guiding light from an amulet. Once everything was humming along, I cast a Dryad at full pips.

BOOM!

I healed for over 33,000 points.

Just imagine what I could have done with 5% more healing power.

Or if I had gone critical!

(BTW, where's my 'Heal the World' badge for such an outrageously high heal? I could have used a treasure Sanctuary card and a treasure Cycle of Life and some treasure Guiding Lights and Brilliant Light. I want a badge, boo hoo hoo.)

All kidding aside, I remain convinced that Life Wizards do not need more healing capacity at this advanced stage of the game. KI would do a much better service to their players who choose a Life School character by offering them a damage option. This doesn't stem from some confusion over what my 'role' is, this is from playing the game, mind you.

Also, I have received some sweet heals from Fire Wizards before. Who says they can't heal when they want to?
Agreed but can my Fire/storm wizard get some more healing spells cause we have plenty of damage. we donot need anymore damage at this advanced stage of the game. Definately give us damage schools a heal option.

It kinda goes both ways.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Fire probably is due for another healing spell. Maybe a 5 or a 6 pip version of Power Link? I don't know, I'd have to see how that played to say for sure. There's possibly a better solution than just a Power Link upgrade, but that's what comes to mind immediately.

However, as far as the heal option goes in the context of this thread, you already have one. You can train Cycle of Life and you can train Furnace if you want to. You get both options, Life doesn't. ALL the schools get both options except for Life School.

Should Storm get something better than Healing Current? Answer that on a different thread, please!

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
ABC EZ as 123 on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Fire probably is due for another healing spell. Maybe a 5 or a 6 pip version of Power Link? I don't know, I'd have to see how that played to say for sure. There's possibly a better solution than just a Power Link upgrade, but that's what comes to mind immediately.

However, as far as the heal option goes in the context of this thread, you already have one. You can train Cycle of Life and you can train Furnace if you want to. You get both options, Life doesn't. ALL the schools get both options except for Life School.

Should Storm get something better than Healing Current? Answer that on a different thread, please!
But see thats just it though, life already has damage thats the point i was making. Life asking for more damage is no different than a damage school asking for more heals. In such a manner as to getting a satyr type spell for damage schools not just a small upgrade to a common spell. If you disagree with this then explain the difference to me. Im gonna post something from the home page that explains life school.

"The Life School will train its student wizards to heal themselves and other players. Life Wizards are given the ability to heal themselves the most effectively, as well as the unique ability to heal other players. Combined with this, they do low to moderate damage attack spells with extremely high accuracy rates. They also possess the sole group heal spell."

To find this- On home page click see the game then Schools of magic then Life and read the page. This explains what life is about. Now im not saying you have to play this way but this is what life is about in game so why would they change the way life is supposed to be.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
fireproof1111 on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
But see thats just it though, life already has damage thats the point i was making. Life asking for more damage is no different than a damage school asking for more heals. In such a manner as to getting a satyr type spell for damage schools not just a small upgrade to a common spell. If you disagree with this then explain the difference to me. Im gonna post something from the home page that explains life school.

"The Life School will train its student wizards to heal themselves and other players. Life Wizards are given the ability to heal themselves the most effectively, as well as the unique ability to heal other players. Combined with this, they do low to moderate damage attack spells with extremely high accuracy rates. They also possess the sole group heal spell."

To find this- On home page click see the game then Schools of magic then Life and read the page. This explains what life is about. Now im not saying you have to play this way but this is what life is about in game so why would they change the way life is supposed to be.
It will help you to understand better what I'm getting at if you read the initial entry on this thread. At level 84, you DO get the healing spell, if you want it. You ALSO get Furnace if you want it for your Fire School.

I'm talking about the Level 84 Star School Spells specifically.

Life does not get a damage spell, being the "point you were making", as it were.

So that we're extra clear on this subject; you want another healing spell? YOU GOT IT! It's called Cycle of Life.

And what's all this about "Damage Schools"? So ALL the schools are damage schools except for Life? They must be, right, because they all get a damage spell. And I suppose that Balance is a "Double Damage School" because they get two choices for the damage option? A Balance Wizard could benefit from a healing boost too for Helping/Availing Hands.

If everybody is raised 25% across the board via the Star School Spells, then Life School is still doing 'low to moderate damage' attacks. It's all relative, you see?

But instead, Life gets left behind.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
ABC EZ as 123 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
It will help you to understand better what I'm getting at if you read the initial entry on this thread. At level 84, you DO get the healing spell, if you want it. You ALSO get Furnace if you want it for your Fire School.

I'm talking about the Level 84 Star School Spells specifically.

Life does not get a damage spell, being the "point you were making", as it were.

So that we're extra clear on this subject; you want another healing spell? YOU GOT IT! It's called Cycle of Life.

And what's all this about "Damage Schools"? So ALL the schools are damage schools except for Life? They must be, right, because they all get a damage spell. And I suppose that Balance is a "Double Damage School" because they get two choices for the damage option? A Balance Wizard could benefit from a healing boost too for Helping/Availing Hands.

If everybody is raised 25% across the board via the Star School Spells, then Life School is still doing 'low to moderate damage' attacks. It's all relative, you see?

But instead, Life gets left behind.
Ship i dont think you fully understand what some are saying on this thread. Your original posting states everyone can access the heal boost, But you also can access all those spells including damage boosting. Also i might add this spell is not a heal but a heal boost. So everyone did not get a heal spell.
Life doesnt get a damage spell because life specializes in healing. Same reason the other damage schools got the damage boost.
All schools can do damage even life but truely only 2 schools specialize in big damage and thats fire an storm.
I do agree maybe they should have followed the specialties of schools for these newer spells and i would say that it would be nice if life had more damage options but to be clear life is made as a healing school so they focus their spells on healing.
Life got its specialty boosted so they didnt get left behind. They just didnt get damage. But i do see a point though, the other schools got damage boost and KI probably should have centered on their specialties instead of damage.
Also if you as a life student wants more damage you can always get a mastery amulet and get damage from a second school or just buy TC's.
And if you noticed what fireproof posted it must say right in the player handbook that life is only supposed to do low to moderate damage.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I completely agree. I was looking forward to my aura spell, but after I got it I was disappointed.. life always gets the short end of the stick, sort to speak, I mean we already have mend, why give us this? it gives +5 pp, +25 healing, and +10 damage to us when attacked with death.. it's +5 on mend which makes hardly a difference.. I would have liked a damage aura because as said before it's hard to solo. I have berserk but that +40 trap that's on me for 4 rounds is kind of a pest...

Support

Level 86 life, Chase Life

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Fellow Life Wizards,

A decision has been made not to award the opportunity to train a level 84 Star School spell to Life School. Every other school in the game has been given the choice of choosing a damage increasing aura spell at level 84. Only Life School has not been given the choice of this combat enhancing option. There is a healing aura available to all the schools at level 84, but as an experienced Life Wizard, I am supremely skilled at healing already. Healing effectively, for me and likely for my fellow Life Wizards, is not an issue we advanced wizards face. We need and deserve the choice to increase our attack capabilities if that is our wish.

Azteca is difficult in the extreme. We need power to fight back just as much as any other schools do.

If you support this, I invite you to leave a reply. Perhaps with enough voices, we can be heard.

Many Thanks,
Calamity Skullblood
Archmage Theurgist
If you have not gotten mend yet just get the new one but otherwise i wouldnt

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
Thank you to everyone who replied in support.

UnicornMage and Abigail SandRiver, thank you both as Life Wizards supporting this. AstroStorm, thank you for recognizing the importance of the need of additional firepower that Life School faces.

A special thanks to Makenzie for your thoughtful note. I am right there with you, I spent a lot of time farming for the best gear and testing it out to see what worked the best.

Playing a life wizard is a unique challenge. I like to help friends with their quests and farm Waterworks and Mirror Lake when not doing my own quests. As such, with different teams and in differing situations I am always tweaking my gear for optimal stats given the players I am with and the challenges we face. I carry a 3 different hats, 2 pair of boots, 2 robes, 2 athames, 5 rings and 5 amulets not to mention an assortment of wands and decks. This gives me a good degree of options to bring my attack up to a maximum of +77% (not too shabby for a life wiz :) ) or to maximize my healing capacity (at an overwhelming +53% in and +86% outgoing heals) . It's fun to experiment with different ranges in-between to find just the right blend for what you're facing!

This is why I am upset. I want to be able to fight just as well as the other schools with the new levels. I am not a 'healer', I am a Life Wizard. I fight to protect the spiral shoulder to shoulder with Death, Myth, Storm, Fire, Ice and Balance Wizards. I don't just heal them when they are hurt, I do my darnedest to STOP THOSE MONSTERS FROM HURTING THEM MORE! I can dish out the damage and I can heal!

And here's the trick, King's Isle, if you happen to read these and take consideration for what I am saying. I don't use mend when I solo boss fights, I use sanctuary. When I do use mend, I do it when in a group so I can get a boost and not interfere with their global spells. I certainly won't spend another training point for another 5% healing in what is essentially the same spell as mend.

Yours
Calamity
I entirely agree, I was, as someone above stated, offended by this spell, and I too saw the pathetic 5% increase in healing from mend, which i didn't bother to waste a training point. I already have a 34% bonus to incoming healing and a 33% to outgoing (+78.22% total) without sacrificing any other stats; quite on the contrary, I have improved my other stats with this bonus. In addition to this in two levels i.e. 85 my incoming will increase by 10% to 44% (+91.52% total). As one might clearly see, this is almost a double healing capacity; obviously healing isn't an issue as a satyr will heal me about 1550 now and 1650in two levels.

We need more attack power, this currently just isn't cutting it. ki, either add a new version of this spell and make it attacking like all the other schools got, or just change the heal to damage and leave the rest of the spell the same, that'll balance it out.

Btw, what's the deal with balance getting two versions of this and life getting none while we're literally begging for it and they don't care to even use the spell; seriously, have you ever seen a balance wizard actually use the spell? no, you haven't cause they don't care for it at all.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Ship i dont think you fully understand what some are saying on this thread. Your original posting states everyone can access the heal boost, But you also can access all those spells including damage boosting. Also i might add this spell is not a heal but a heal boost. So everyone did not get a heal spell.
Life doesnt get a damage spell because life specializes in healing. Same reason the other damage schools got the damage boost.
All schools can do damage even life but truely only 2 schools specialize in big damage and thats fire an storm.
I do agree maybe they should have followed the specialties of schools for these newer spells and i would say that it would be nice if life had more damage options but to be clear life is made as a healing school so they focus their spells on healing.
Life got its specialty boosted so they didnt get left behind. They just didnt get damage. But i do see a point though, the other schools got damage boost and KI probably should have centered on their specialties instead of damage.
Also if you as a life student wants more damage you can always get a mastery amulet and get damage from a second school or just buy TC's.
And if you noticed what fireproof posted it must say right in the player handbook that life is only supposed to do low to moderate damage.
LDGS, I fully understand what some others are saying on this thread. I disagree with them.

Do you really want to criticize me for for calling Cycle of Life a healing spell instead of a healing boost and then, just two sentences later, refer to the damage boost as a damage spell?

Right, I can access the other damage auras. If I wanted to, if that suited my playing style for my Life Wizard, it would have been a done deal weeks ago. But there isn't a Life School damage aura for me to access, which is the central theme of this thread.

No, LDGS, my understanding is clear. It's your suggestion that my differing opinion must be rooted in confusion that I genuinely find puzzling.

Since you and Fireproof are both mentioning the Player Handbook, let's take up that topic, shall we? Following are few quotes from it.

"Each school of magic has different pros and cons, but all magic schools in Wizard101 are equal. A Legendary Balance wizard can be just as powerful as a Legendary Storm Wizard!"

Seems like a case for equally distributing a damage aura to all the schools to me.

"The Ice School will train its student wizards to take a high amount of damage and survive."

Doesn't say anything about doing more damage. Yet Ice School receives a damage aura as well. Not that I begrudge Ice School a little more damage capability. We ALL need it for Azteca and for worlds beyond.

"They (Fire Wizards) can heal themselves enough to get by, but nothing substantial."

Does Cycle of Life work on Power Link and Healing Current? You'd better believe it! But, but, but, Fire and Storm shouldn't be able to heal, boo hoo hoo. Seriously, though, good for Fire and Storm, they need help healing and they can train this healing spell, boost, aura, ability, magic trick, whatever you want to call it. In Azteca, you need every advantage you can get.

So let's not pretend that the guide you two were referencing isn't just a tad outdated. It was written years before Azteca ever came out. I could go on with more examples, but, you get the idea. Unless of course you disagree, in which case I'd attribute that to a lack of understanding on your part. (Just kidding! )

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Today I finished Azteca on my Myth wizard. I will now start taking my Life wizard through that world.

My Life wizard was my first wizard and in a way dear to my heart. She soloed the first arc of the game long before they made DS easier. That includes all the towers in DS. She did not solo Malistaire dungeon because at that time you needed at least two people (yes three were easier). I did this by mixing fighting with heals. I did not use out of school attacks, and I still don't.

When I saw the new star spell for life was meant just as another healing boost, I was disappointed and frustrated. On a normal Satyr, (no critical or other boosts) I can heal for over 1100 maybe more. Add a guiding light and a critical it is much more. Do I really need to heal someone who has 4000 max health for 7000? No. The ability to do a little more damage would be more helpful even when working in a team than just another healing boost. I already have guiding light, sanctuary, brilliant light, and mend. (I may have forgotten one or two.)

On another note. Most people in the higher levels of the game have pets that use spritely or unicorn. Many times, while battling through Azteca, me and my questing partner never had to heal ourselves due to our pets. This makes the use of heals less frequent-- another reason why Life wizards, even when workign in a team, would benefit for having an attack boosting aura similar to the other schools.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 90 Myth

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I think life should have been given 2 sets of star school. 1 for healing like the 1 they gave us lifes. But also 1 with damage to help us lifes if we are fighting solo. I hate having to get people to help or pull up my other acccount to do a fight that my other wizards had no issue with. That would have been kinda fair to be able to choose. I did alot of soloing in azteca. And it took me 2-3 times longer then when I soloed with my other wizards. I don't mind being a healer but not if I am soloing it.

Maria Shadowcrafter
lvl 90 life

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Lastday, you are incorrect for a number of reasons; the schools, as Ship stated above (above this post, not in Lastday's quote), have different abilities than before the new worlds came out. Sure fire and storm will always be the big damage schools, but you do realize the differences in the other schools are far more substantial? Fire and storm are like nukes, they'll always be just damage, go ahead, try to prove me wrong, the only non damage or damage boost they have are link, power link, and healing current, all but link of which are recent, meaning that the fire and storm schools have barely strayed from their solely damage path in 40 levels and over 4 worlds, not including Wintertusk as it was an addition to Grizzleheilm, not an entire new world; if it was a new world there'd be a spiral door there.

Ice school has become much better at combat strategy with their new stun/damage spell Wooly Mammoth. Life school has gained a fairly powerful new spell Forest Lord, life's first and unfortunately most likely last AoE spell and its new most powerful single enemy spell Gnome, though the new spell Spinysaur is more total damage, it is not in one hit. Whatever school you are, Lastday, you have no idea as to the metamorphic changes in non-fire/storm schools in the game after Dragonspyre, that's as far as you lead me to believe.

I would, however, wish to point out the fact that, with your reasoning of how the schools should get what they are good at would not turn out how you'd wish.

Allow me to elaborate this obvious fact to you as you sit there and disgrace our school of magic as "only built for healing." This spell is a damage boost, not a damage spell, as you viciously stabbed at Ship for, and thus, as even a simpleton could comprehend, the storm school is not good at damage boosting, as their blades are 30% (with the exception of supercharge, though it is an X rank spell where all others but the tri-blades, dark pact, and bladestorm are zero) and there are much higher, the highest "free" one of which is 50% with a blade enchanted with sharpen blade. This means that their spell should instead add damage instead of a percent boost.

The ice school by this mental mindset should get a spell similar to fortify. And death school should get a boost to incoming health steals by which of course I refer to the incoming health from an outgoing steal, not an incoming steal, which I of course knew you would idiotically accuse me of idiocy for immediately before hypocritically repeating an alternate version of the fallacy, as you did previously to Ship.

I could go on with examples, but you'd still not understand; I bid you adieu.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
ABC EZ as 123 on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
LDGS, I fully understand what some others are saying on this thread. I disagree with them.

Do you really want to criticize me for for calling Cycle of Life a healing spell instead of a healing boost and then, just two sentences later, refer to the damage boost as a damage spell?

Right, I can access the other damage auras. If I wanted to, if that suited my playing style for my Life Wizard, it would have been a done deal weeks ago. But there isn't a Life School damage aura for me to access, which is the central theme of this thread.

No, LDGS, my understanding is clear. It's your suggestion that my differing opinion must be rooted in confusion that I genuinely find puzzling.

Since you and Fireproof are both mentioning the Player Handbook, let's take up that topic, shall we? Following are few quotes from it.

"Each school of magic has different pros and cons, but all magic schools in Wizard101 are equal. A Legendary Balance wizard can be just as powerful as a Legendary Storm Wizard!"

Seems like a case for equally distributing a damage aura to all the schools to me.

"The Ice School will train its student wizards to take a high amount of damage and survive."

Doesn't say anything about doing more damage. Yet Ice School receives a damage aura as well. Not that I begrudge Ice School a little more damage capability. We ALL need it for Azteca and for worlds beyond.

"They (Fire Wizards) can heal themselves enough to get by, but nothing substantial."

Does Cycle of Life work on Power Link and Healing Current? You'd better believe it! But, but, but, Fire and Storm shouldn't be able to heal, boo hoo hoo. Seriously, though, good for Fire and Storm, they need help healing and they can train this healing spell, boost, aura, ability, magic trick, whatever you want to call it. In Azteca, you need every advantage you can get.

So let's not pretend that the guide you two were referencing isn't just a tad outdated. It was written years before Azteca ever came out. I could go on with more examples, but, you get the idea. Unless of course you disagree, in which case I'd attribute that to a lack of understanding on your part. (Just kidding! )
As i stated in my post i feel that they should have followed the specialties in the schools for these spells but that still doesnt justify giving life substantial damage just because it will fit your play style. KI's purpose is not to just make you happy. I have said before in posts yeah it would be nice if life could have a few more damage options.
In this instance though maybe the aura should have been damage because all other schools got a plus in damage.
Cycle of life does work for everyone but so does the other spells, Doesnt life get an option for a secondary school or 3rd or 4th. Choose a dmg school and use an aura.
I will say though fireproof said what comes to my mind when i see these posts, If life schools are complaining of damage then other schools can complain about healing. The game is laid out to have different schools do diffierent things.
As for your quote from the handbook about one school being as powerful as another, Where does it ever say being powerful means gaining damage. That quote simply means that each school can be powerful not do damage. But it does say plain an simple that life does low to moderate damage in simple kindergarden text.
Ice schools quote doesnt say it does low to moderate damage now does it, In fact i believe that life is the only one that says that, Maybe thats why they didnt get the damage boost.
And azteca has nothing to do with the handbook, The game is still laid out the way its supposed to be whether it is increasing difficulty or not its still played the same. Instead of grumbling how about trying to better your toon by tuning in on your gear/spells/playstyle/training points and go out there positive so you can advance.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
As i stated in my post i feel that they should have followed the specialties in the schools for these spells but that still doesnt justify giving life substantial damage just because it will fit your play style. KI's purpose is not to just make you happy. I have said before in posts yeah it would be nice if life could have a few more damage options.
In this instance though maybe the aura should have been damage because all other schools got a plus in damage.
Cycle of life does work for everyone but so does the other spells, Doesnt life get an option for a secondary school or 3rd or 4th. Choose a dmg school and use an aura.
I will say though fireproof said what comes to my mind when i see these posts, If life schools are complaining of damage then other schools can complain about healing. The game is laid out to have different schools do diffierent things.
As for your quote from the handbook about one school being as powerful as another, Where does it ever say being powerful means gaining damage. That quote simply means that each school can be powerful not do damage. But it does say plain an simple that life does low to moderate damage in simple kindergarden text.
Ice schools quote doesnt say it does low to moderate damage now does it, In fact i believe that life is the only one that says that, Maybe thats why they didnt get the damage boost.
And azteca has nothing to do with the handbook, The game is still laid out the way its supposed to be whether it is increasing difficulty or not its still played the same. Instead of grumbling how about trying to better your toon by tuning in on your gear/spells/playstyle/training points and go out there positive so you can advance.
Oh, but KI's purpose is to make me happy. They are a MMORPG company in the business of providing entertainment. If the players stop liking how the game plays, they stop paying to play it. Keeping their customers happy is the top priority.

In case it's escaped your attention, there are some players (whom I thank for doing so) that went out of their way to put their first and only posts ever on this thread. This is a big deal for someone to bother with it when they have never taken the time to address a subject on the forums before. I myself had only 3 or 4 posts before bringing up this subject. That ought to indicate that this issue is of high importance to these players.

So, it's back to the handbook again.

Low to moderate damage... Hmmm...

Let me put this question to you in "simple kindergarten text"; What wizard is still doing 'Low' damage at level 84?

It's just farcical to keep bringing that up. Have you been looking away from the screen every time a Life Wizard casts Gnomes? Have you seen what Spinysaur can do? These aren't low damage spells. It's outrageous to claim that an Archmage or Promethean Wizard does 'low' damage.

'Moderate' damage. Myth school, it is stated specifically in the handbook, does 'moderate' damage. If we have determined that no wizard at level 84 is doing 'low' damage, then let's assume they are doing 'moderate' damage. Myth gets a damage aura. Why not Life?

But then you state that Azteca does not have anything to do with the handbook. Anyone who is this comforatable with contradiction is not someone I care to reason much further with. Sparckeydog is done with it, maybe I'd be wise to be also.