Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Wizards, your thoughts please.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2011
Fellow Life Wizards,

A decision has been made not to award the opportunity to train a level 84 Star School spell to Life School. Every other school in the game has been given the choice of choosing a damage increasing aura spell at level 84. Only Life School has not been given the choice of this combat enhancing option. There is a healing aura available to all the schools at level 84, but as an experienced Life Wizard, I am supremely skilled at healing already. Healing effectively, for me and likely for my fellow Life Wizards, is not an issue we advanced wizards face. We need and deserve the choice to increase our attack capabilities if that is our wish.

Azteca is difficult in the extreme. We need power to fight back just as much as any other schools do.

If you support this, I invite you to leave a reply. Perhaps with enough voices, we can be heard.

Many Thanks,
Calamity Skullblood
Archmage Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Hmmmm, this I did not know. The makers might be sending a message that we need to heal as a priority rather then fight. Bummer.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
I agree I am a Archmage level 82 life atm. (Makenzie)
I love playing on my life and my stats already are amazing and probably best you can get for life with an overall
equal set of stat's to allow me to maintain all thing's a life wizard can do damage and healing. Was extremely hard to get the stats this way, has taking me almost 1 year to finally settle my stats to where I can dish the damage and heal.

I am agreeing with your post, because maintaining healing and damage was already this hard for me, if your a extreme professional with life school, not many people actually know how to maintain both talents healing and damage, its very very very hard to do. Even most pvp warlord's still do not get it right.

My life stats:
Damage - 44
Resist - Fire - 35, Ice - 35, Storm - 35, Myth - 52, Life - 35, Death - 52, Balance - 35
Accuracy For Life - 25
Critical - 215
Critical Block - 195
Piercing - 20%

Pet Rain Beetle:
Sprite
Double Resist
Life Giver, Life Dealer
Pain Giver

Even at these stats this is about as good as it get's for life,
so I am going with your post and saying as a professional life wizard this problem need's to be addressed and fixed. And also to throw my 2 cent's in to KI seriously need's to give life better resist because playing against a storm or ice it is almost near impossible even with amazing life stat's to beat either of them in a 1 on 1.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2010
yes, if your saying we do not have enough attacking spells i totally agree! we need more attacking spells and less healing spells!

thanks, abigail sand river

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I quit life long ago, but regardless i think it's unfair to life to have to get healing instead of damage, this only makes it harder for life to solo a fight.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Have to agree 100% here. Trying to solo as a life wizard is much more difficult without the ability to inflict damage commensurate with other schools. Solo battles take so much longer with life. At this level we should have ability to attack, already have more than enough ability to heal.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
I absolutely agree that life was ripped off with the aura spell they were offered. It is nothing more than a rehashed Mend aura(20%) which has been around for a while. Oh no wait, it does allow a life wizard to receive 10% greater Death damage (that's awesome) and a little pip boost, the Mend aura doesn't offer that. So,yeah it stinks that life wizards were offered this piece of junk. I didn't waste time getting it, was offended by it actually. I am a life wizard and can heal but with damage at 80 and resist ranging from 31-42, I do not need to heal often.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Thank you to everyone who replied in support.

UnicornMage and Abigail SandRiver, thank you both as Life Wizards supporting this. AstroStorm, thank you for recognizing the importance of the need of additional firepower that Life School faces.

A special thanks to Makenzie for your thoughtful note. I am right there with you, I spent a lot of time farming for the best gear and testing it out to see what worked the best.

Playing a life wizard is a unique challenge. I like to help friends with their quests and farm Waterworks and Mirror Lake when not doing my own quests. As such, with different teams and in differing situations I am always tweaking my gear for optimal stats given the players I am with and the challenges we face. I carry a 3 different hats, 2 pair of boots, 2 robes, 2 athames, 5 rings and 5 amulets not to mention an assortment of wands and decks. This gives me a good degree of options to bring my attack up to a maximum of +77% (not too shabby for a life wiz :) ) or to maximize my healing capacity (at an overwhelming +53% in and +86% outgoing heals) . It's fun to experiment with different ranges in-between to find just the right blend for what you're facing!

This is why I am upset. I want to be able to fight just as well as the other schools with the new levels. I am not a 'healer', I am a Life Wizard. I fight to protect the spiral shoulder to shoulder with Death, Myth, Storm, Fire, Ice and Balance Wizards. I don't just heal them when they are hurt, I do my darnedest to STOP THOSE MONSTERS FROM HURTING THEM MORE! I can dish out the damage and I can heal!

And here's the trick, King's Isle, if you happen to read these and take consideration for what I am saying. I don't use mend when I solo boss fights, I use sanctuary. When I do use mend, I do it when in a group so I can get a boost and not interfere with their global spells. I certainly won't spend another training point for another 5% healing in what is essentially the same spell as mend.

Yours
Calamity

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I hope KI pays attention to this post. Life wizards should be just as powerful as the other wizards and not just used for healing spells. I'd like to battle difficult bosses on my own sometimes. I had no idea until I saw this post, that KI failed to offer us a choice in Level 84. Somehow, that just doesn't seem fair. I'll be anxiously waiting to see what KI does to address the life wizards.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
In my honest opinion, you cannot have the best of both worlds. Life is supposed to be a main healer, I don't see a problem with the card.

You can't have attacks and healing at the same time. One must overcome the other. And since Life is about healing I think that the Spell is right as it is.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Thank you to all who have responded thus far. Everyone I have talked to in-game feels that this decision to arbitrarily exclude Life School from choosing a damage spell is unfair. There are no restrictions on who may choose to train the new healing aura spell. Why should there be a restriction on who can choose a damage aura?

King's Isle, in the name of fairness to your players, please let Life School have a damage aura spell

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@Shiponland,

I stand in agreement with you.

Warmest Regards,

Iridian Shadowweaver

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
It's funny how Life Wizards are complaining now about a "Healing" Spell because they want an Attack but, when Guardian Angel came out, the complaints from Life Wizards were no where to be found.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
slavandria724 on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I hope KI pays attention to this post. Life wizards should be just as powerful as the other wizards and not just used for healing spells. I'd like to battle difficult bosses on my own sometimes. I had no idea until I saw this post, that KI failed to offer us a choice in Level 84. Somehow, that just doesn't seem fair. I'll be anxiously waiting to see what KI does to address the life wizards.
Life wizard's should be just as powerful as the other wizards???? Life has the best healing in the game, if they are given damage increasing abilities on par with every wizard while retaining their edge on healing, it would actually be unfair to the rest of the schools.

KI knows a thing about school balancing (they created the game after all).

My question is if a player chooses a primarily healing school at the begining of the game, expecting to do damage on par with the other schools....why pick the Life school??? If you want to do damage, pick a damage school. KI made each school a little different. It doesn't make sense to pick one and want to be like all the other schools and then petition to have KI change all the schools to your liking?????

Survivor
May 07, 2011
That's right Bryanomar, I don't remember Life complaining about Guardian Spirit. I believe it was every other school complaining until KI changed the game to suit them and then made the spell available to anyone through gear won in card packs. I remember that very well. Do you remember that?

Kingurz again! Why don't you get a Life Amulet, craft a Stellar Signet and a Cosmic Kris and then you can heal just like a Life Wizard does. Then you can have an 'edge'. I've certainly fought with and against players who have that as part of their gear.

And on that note, there's a lot of players with Life Amulets about, have you noticed that? Maybe they'd like the spell too. It could shake things up. I don't see what harm having the option to have a damage increasing spell is. And as far as KI knowing a thing or two about balance, they've made mistakes before, as per the example cited above.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Well, I have to agree on you with what you told me.

But, if Cycle of Life is going to change to damage Aura instead of a healing Aura, I think that 15% Attack should be ok. As I said, Life is a main healer, having equal chances at damage with other schools is not acceptable.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
The 15% attack boost already exists, you can get it in Celestia (I have it already). Why do you think it's 'unacceptable' for life to have the same boosting power? Seriously, do you not like the thought of me punishing the monsters by an extra 10%? Maybe the choice of only one hit-all spell and only one (level 88) damage over turn spell for Life school isn't enough of a handicap for you?

Which is it?

Or do you think the Life School has no business at all in saving the Spiral from certain doom?

Ah! Are you afraid that if more Life Wizards become more powerful and independent, we'll stop looking to team with the other schools and just save the Spiral all by ourselves?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ABC EZ as 123 on Nov 23, 2012 wrote:
That's right Bryanomar, I don't remember Life complaining about Guardian Spirit. I believe it was every other school complaining until KI changed the game to suit them and then made the spell available to anyone through gear won in card packs. I remember that very well. Do you remember that?

Kingurz again! Why don't you get a Life Amulet, craft a Stellar Signet and a Cosmic Kris and then you can heal just like a Life Wizard does. Then you can have an 'edge'. I've certainly fought with and against players who have that as part of their gear.

And on that note, there's a lot of players with Life Amulets about, have you noticed that? Maybe they'd like the spell too. It could shake things up. I don't see what harm having the option to have a damage increasing spell is. And as far as KI knowing a thing or two about balance, they've made mistakes before, as per the example cited above.
So the problem has been solved? Life wizards should get a storm amulet to do damage on par or exceed other wizards. Not sure why mastery amulets were brought into this conversion. Mastery amulets give you a second school, it doesn't boost your primary school abilities. Besides, those using Life Mastery amulets don't benefit from increased Life damage either. This thread is about what KI has given each school in terms of boosts for their inherit abilities (if using the star spells for your primary school). In this case, KI saw fit to increase Life's healing ability (whether or not they needed additional healing or not). With the arguement above, Storm wizards should be demanding Storm-only healing boosts (Healing Current boost) without having to give up deck space for life spells to overcome their lack of natural healing (or argue for Ice resist to be "on par" for their lack of defense).

Again, every school has strengths and weaknesses. Not giving Life a damage boost is the price for Life providing the best healing in the game (an capability that no other school with a Life Mastery Amulet can even come close to). A penalty that has been continously levied against the life school for quite some time (whether right or wrong).

Please reread my post, I am not advocating that Life shouldn't get a damage boost, but I certainly disagree that Life should have a life version of everyone else's 84 spells (25%) just to be "on par" with others. Having a healing ability that surpasses any other school with a life mastery amulet and staying in step with damage boosts is unfair. Especially when comparing the new 88 spells. Only Storm provides guarenteed more single target damage than Life's total damage output!!!

Until Life gains an additional life only boost, I still personally find great success in using Berserk soloing with my Life wizard. It provides 30% damage increase to my life spells and the powerful healing I do as a life wizard offsets the extra damage the enemies gain against me. So even if they created a 25% damage boost star spell, I would only choose it for the damage mitigation....not for the damage enhancing portion.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Did I say that Life should hit harder than Storm? No.

I mention the mastery Amulets because Life Mastery amulets are so pervasive in the game among the high level players. There might be wizards out there who have crafted gear for Myth/Life or Fire/Life (for example) who might want to access a spell like the one that I propose. In short, it isn't necessarily a Life School only spell. The same holds true for all of the spells.

It's especially true for the healing spell. Circle of Life is in no way a 'Life only' spell. Everybody heals, though I don't see Death Wizards finding this a very useful spell to train. At the risk of repeating myself one time too many, I don't need another healing boost. Let the other schools train this one if they like, I am fine with Mend.

Allow me to expound upon that. If I could have known a year ago when I trained Mend that this spell would be available, I would have held out and trained Cycle of Life instead, as it's a superior spell. But I didn't know about it and I won't use the training point now. They really are too similar for me to justify it.

I completely disagree with your assertion that the other schools are limited in their healing options or capabilities once equipped with a Life Amulet. They have to sacrifice offensive power with ring and athame choices in the same manner that Life does to maximize their healing. With the exception of the Sword of Kings, there isn't a lot of Life School-specific gear that increases healing that are superior to others. It's possible to match a Life Wizard in heal boosting stats, but not possible to match a school in their damage capabilities without school-specific gear. There's no shortage of treasure cards about to get them spells beyond Fairy and Satyr.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
I am a life wizard lvl 49 and i do not have a damage problem. My secondary school is storm and i can do over 4000 dmg one hit with just a feint tc or above 2000 with right blades nd traps only. The only problem i have is with attack-them-all cards. I see a death wiz use a scarecrow on 4th turn and finish off all the monsters while i am trying to cast a centaur on one of them on 4 turn and i have to do this all over (8 turns). That means i have to fill my tc deck with forest lords. If there's any at bazaar. And i'll have to keep doing this till i get to lvl 58 where i FINALLY get forest lord...

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
im only a level 33 sooo I have no idea ........?

Survivor
May 07, 2011
Keep training, DionisissH. Forest lord is perhaps the most game-changing spell you will attain when playing a Life Wizard. You'll love having it! (And everyone else will love you having it too, haha. I don't know if it's just the way it looks but it amuses so many people! ) And it's lucky for you that you can get the TC for it now, I had to wait until I could train it. Finding ways to hit big is key also, sounds like you've got the hang of it. During one of the boss battles I soloed in Azteca I hit over 50,000 on the death minion and over 70,000 on the storm boss with a Forest Lord! Trained feint, treasure feint, amulet feint, pet feint, they're all part of a sweet recipe for destruction.

So, you see, it's not that I don't have the ability to do damage, it's that we, as Life Wizards, do not get to choose an additional damage increasing spell at level 84. If you'll look around at all the other posts about Azteca, you'll see that more than half of them contain some reference to the exceedingly difficult nature of the adventure through that world. This being the case, it doesn't make sense to me that Life School wasn't given a damage spell. Every other school gets to be 25% more potent offensively with the new spells. Why not Life? The monsters have the same number of hit points no matter which school you are using to fight them.

Anyhow, keep training and never submit to the idea that Life School is only there to heal the other schools. You sound like a fighter!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Wow, tons of Life wizards weighing in on this one.

I am total agreement that all Theurgist wizards were robbed with the new star school spells. Thank you KI for making us feel like we just pushed to the back of the class again.

I do, however, disagree with a couple of the things I saw being said about stats. Keep in mind that we all have our own style to play the school and that more than one style can be successful. I can actually set my stats for three different settings:

Attacking: Mostly Healing: Balanced Approach:
Damage 68 53 60
Resist 41 41 41
Crit 125 125 125
Crit Blk 132 140 149 (I still almost always block)
Heals
In/Out 13/0 29/53 37/33

I get it, and completely agree!! After a certain level (hypothetically level 70 or 80), life needs to be included in damage increases just like every other school. However, even with KI snubbing their noses at life (as far as damage), I will carry on the only way I know how. Keep fighting (in between the constant, infernal help requests!!! I really need to learn to say no.)

Steven Hawk
Life Archamge - lvl 81
Fire Promethean - lvl 90
Storm Archmage - lvl 80

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
The Whistler on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
Hmmmm, this I did not know. The makers might be sending a message that we need to heal as a priority rather then fight. Bummer.
I been trying to address people about the roles they should play in game but i guess it takes a KI update to settle the score.

I do agree that every school should get a damage option though.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
I am glad there are lots of conversations going on about this, it is good to communicate. Personally, as i said before, I was disappointed in the aura that life wizards were offered so I skipped getting it and saved a training point for future use. In the end it didn't matter much, I finished Azteca a few days ago............doing much of it solo. However you choose to play, don't let others decide it for you. I believe it is possible to play as a successful healer, a determined hitter or a combination of both. It is not easy under the current circumstances but through my own experience I have learned it is possible. Good luck out there guys and have fun.