Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New school, archmage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Hi. So I really want to create another wizard and getting him to archmage. If you could please name a school and why. (No life or balance please). I will decide by which one has the most "votes". Thanks so much!

Matthew Lifefist level 33 life wizard

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Mechanics
A school that focuses on creating robots and uses more technology. This would open up having mechanical wands with multiple spells of multiple schools, the school rotates every battle.

I would like this school to happen for all the tech savvy people put there. It could be like the astral schools if you wish. It could be one that kicks in later in the game andyou must spend training points to learn it or it could be on taught at Ravenwood. I myself, think it should be one that kicks in later to make players either pay or use crowns to achieve those areas.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Dude, I was talking about the schools like ice, storm, fire, balance, life, death, and myth. Please be serious. Thanks!
Matthew Lifefist level 33 life wizard

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Oh. Well you should have made that clear! You denoted, to me, that a school should be created.
Valdus Darkcaster
Level 72 ice wizard

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Death is a really good School of Magic and has served me well for over a year. If you're willing to take the chance of casting all of your traps and blades before you cast your main attacking spell, then you can quite often defeat the enemy in one strike. (Even difficult bosses like Skakis Screaming Moon) i've managed to squeeze past tight spaces as my Necromancer over my Theurgist, and my Theurgist has been created for longer. I was level 33 (Theurgist) when i reached a bottleneck i couldn't break through, and now she is level 37. Still on the same quest. As my Necromancer i was actually able to get past Pops O'leary on my own, and sense then i have gotten to many difficult places as my Necromancer. I have gotten to Archmage with a lot of help from friends, but i'd say about 80% of it i can manage to do on my own. Death school takes from enemies and heals themselves, which, by attacking, you end up getting healed yourself. This is a wonderful stradegy that allows you to not waste time healing when you could be killing. I often leave the most difficult fights with all of my health points, while some of my teammates have very little health points left. Stick with Death and you'll find there are many more pros than cons.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I think a school called "Merge" would be cool. It would have 10 spells that you can get with training points, 11 spells if Rank 11 spells are introduced at LVL. 98. The first one would be titled "Rank 1 Spells", then "Rank 2 Spells", all the way up "Rank 11 Spells". Also, they would all cost 0 pips. Now basically this is what it would do. For the "Rank 1 Spells" spell card, it would act like a Sun enchantment, only you wouldn't just be upgrading one card. For example, lets say you wanted to merge the Rank 1 Frost Beetle with the Rank 1 Thunder Snake. You would click on the "Rank 1 Spells" merge card, then click on the Frost Beetle and then click on the Thunder Snake. It would then merge into one creature. Like a frost beetle with a serpent tounge and a serpent tail. It could then do something like the frost beetle's animation but electrocute it at the same time. As for the damage, it would just add together. Frost beetle is 65-105 damage. Thunder snake is 105-145 damage. Add them together and the "Frost Snake" spell would do 170-250 damage and still only cost one pip to use. Also, as wizards would get to start the "Merge" school, it would have to be specified that Merging spells is NOT mutating spells. They're similar, but not the same. Mutating changes it's school, adds like 10 damage, and that's pretty much it. If you need another example with something more than damage, lets try the "Rank 8 Spells" merge spell on the Rank 8 Snow Angel (100+660 damage over 3 rounds & taunt all enemies) with the Rank 8 Efreet (895 damage and -90% to next spell). This would give us an "Efreet Angel" which would do 995+660 damage over 3 rounds &-90% to all enemies and taunt all enemies. Again, it would only cost 8 pips. I think this would be an amazing addition to Wizard101 and would just be really fun to experiment with it! I really hope you consider it!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Also, something to add to my last post of the "Merge" school. I think there would also be a hidden trainer (as there usually is) with 4 more "Merge" spells. "Shields", "Traps", "Blades", and "Spears". You could use the "Blades" merge spell on, for example, and Ice Blade and Elemental Blade. The lowest pip level there is 0 (0 being the Ice Blade pip cost) so the spell would cost 0 pips. Then, the spell would give you a +35% fire damage, +35% storm damage, and (adding the ice together) +75% ice damage, all costing 0 pips. Same would go for using "Spears" on lets say "Icespear" and "Elemental Spear". The new spell would do +6 Fire pierce, +6 storm pierce, and +16 ice pierce for 0 pips. Wards would work the same way. Using "Sheilds" on a "Legion Shield" and "Tower Shield", it would cost 0 pips and do -80% damage to all friends. Or you could use "Traps" on "Feint" and "Ice Trap" which would cost 0 pips and do +100% damage.