Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

End of Azteca - Difficulty nerf, please?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Fun check the threads on those websites thats titled difficulty level players perspective. And read.
Its all there and the votes are up.
You keeping clinging to this like a life preserver. The problem is your polls and votes are meaningless. Like I said before (unless they reflect 51% minimum of all playing members) you don't have a meaningful sampling. All your polls do is reflect the opinion of a miniscule amount of people bothering to vote.

Exactly how many votes do you have? In a recent Forbes article it was stated their are 25 million registered users and 16 million unique monthly web visitors. Do your polls reflect over 1/2 of those figures? I doubt it. Unless they do you cannot say the majority like it. Saying the majority of the 2000 people that voted do is accurate. But, that still is not a meaningful sample of the entire wizard population.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
gweedoboy on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
alright alright i cant really argue with that. however that line where you said, do you wonder why some people dont post is just a guess but im guessing partly to. now ive already explained how your votes COULD have given you the wrong picture so i wont get into that but i will remind you that only about 100k people post on all your websites put together. that could be around the true number of hard core players in the game or it could not. all im trying to tell you is that your not 100% correct.

now ive talked with a super smart person i know in real life and asked him witch side was right, the vets or the hard core players. i wont lie, he said that ki is a buisness and they will do whatever brings them money. last time i heard how many subscribers ki had it was 30 mill but that was before azteca came out(im thinking of there comerical that came out a month and a half ago) i told him that and he said that IF people were quitting in vast amounts that it would take 4 to 6 months for people to really start quitting in vast amounts. we also talked about the first and second arc. the first arc was good, we kept getting new spells, better gear, and the challenge was just right. can anyone disagree? the second arc though as i told him seemed to jump difficulty with each world instead of a step witch is a fact not opinion, also how we are getting gear that isnt working for us, i told him both sides agree with that witch is true. he said that if ki is really not fixing the things they need to then they will lose money no matter what because you cant have the difficulty jumping with each world and not give the players more power to deal with it. he also said that it may have to do with money. when he said that my mind went straight to henchmen and crown gear. if your gonna make people have to buy henchmen for half the fights of an entire world(a future world) then your gonna lose players because no one wants to pay that much money just to play a game. can you not agree with that last sentence lastday?

now i know i should have just made that last paragraph a LOT shorter but i just wanted to make sure that no one started hating on me for only telling the person i talked to the vets side of the story. also if your to stuck on your opinion that you cant at least think about the fact that you may be wrong then ive been told that the best thing to do is say, your crazy and walkaway.
Gweedoboy, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Your friend is right. The drops in member ships is something I have mentioned elsewhere but have basically been told I don't know what I am talking about. I have been in business myself and know very well how it works.... The product does not matter, but how your product comes across to the consumer DOES. You may start out with a highly desired product, but if the balance of that product is not maintained, sooner or later, you are going to lose customers. You won't notice the decrease or lost customers immediately. It will take some time depending on the product, but it will happen.

We pay to play this game and have fun not headaches. We should not have to BUY our way through the game under any circumstances. Henchmen should be an option only and not a requirement to complete a quest for any reason.

Lastdaygunslinger said: Did you ever wonder why some dont post, Do you think it might be because they dont have any issues or cant you see that either.

Did it ever occur to you that the membership populations and the number of crowns players has done a huge turnover just in the last 2 years. Did it ever occur to you that some of the members are actually younger players on a Mater Account under the same email do not have access to these forums or other sites due to the master account holder already having membership on those sites as well? In order for those players to have an account on lets say Central for example: You have to contact the "webmaster" in order to get the other member approved for that site. Did it ever occur to you that the game is relatively new in other countries? What happens when those players start running into the same issues?

I am sorry but your tallies don't add up and never will just for the reasons I have already stated. The only way to get a correct tally would be for every registered player (including family members that play), whether subs or crowns to be able to say yay or nay all the way down to the youngest player. Will this happen? NO. So drop the referrences to percentages. Those are no good. You can only give a percentage for those that respond and that is not going to be accurate nor speak for the populace..... Ever.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
You are correct we cannot reach everyone, I have no idea how we could reach all. I am just stating the tallies for those that voted thats all.

Yes gear should be updated. And in sense would make the game easier for the people having trouble. And also you are correct again, Once KI starts losing more money than their earning they will try to change something.

It all depends on how many can afford to buy stuff and how many want to buy stuff.
well im glad we see eye to eye on things a little bit more now.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I think theres alot more than 2 defending the difficulty curve. But i wouldnt really call it defending it as much as saying its just not to difficult.

They are catering to the masses right now as we speak.

If you feel that anyone is out numbered on thoughts of game difficulty please check the threads for voting polls darth because it isnt looking good for those that feel its too difficult. I think it might be around 16% if your lucky.
So whos out numbered again?

You definatley have every right to post and you should post more often. Just make sure its actually something worth reading.
I looked at your thread on W101 Central, which since it is the largest forum probably has the most votes.
You have 88 people voting on your poll out of 139,800 current members.

Of the 38 people who voted that it was not too hard (just right to too easy), I know at least 24 of them use the help groups in Central. I should know; I have helped quite a few of them.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Megan Frostriver on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
You keeping clinging to this like a life preserver. The problem is your polls and votes are meaningless. Like I said before (unless they reflect 51% minimum of all playing members) you don't have a meaningful sampling. All your polls do is reflect the opinion of a miniscule amount of people bothering to vote.

Exactly how many votes do you have? In a recent Forbes article it was stated their are 25 million registered users and 16 million unique monthly web visitors. Do your polls reflect over 1/2 of those figures? I doubt it. Unless they do you cannot say the majority like it. Saying the majority of the 2000 people that voted do is accurate. But, that still is not a meaningful sample of the entire wizard population.
I dont know about meaningless seeing how those polls show the ones that have voted and the higher % were voting that the game wasnt to difficult. I have said it before if you have a way to reach the rest of the populace please enlighten us, And can you say that the majority doesnt like it, See i know im adding up just those that voted but the higher majority of voters feel the game is fine.

Central is one site with a nifty tool on it. A vote % app which tallies the percentage for you, Now thats just for their sites tallies but its a nice way to see it without adding all the votes as for the other sites you have to add up the votes.

Let me rephrase my statement for you. The majority of VOTERS have said that the game is not to difficult.

And when you find a way to reach the rest let me know. But for know since we cannot reach them you cannot say they fell the game is easy or difficult.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
Gweedoboy, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Your friend is right. The drops in member ships is something I have mentioned elsewhere but have basically been told I don't know what I am talking about. I have been in business myself and know very well how it works.... The product does not matter, but how your product comes across to the consumer DOES. You may start out with a highly desired product, but if the balance of that product is not maintained, sooner or later, you are going to lose customers. You won't notice the decrease or lost customers immediately. It will take some time depending on the product, but it will happen.

We pay to play this game and have fun not headaches. We should not have to BUY our way through the game under any circumstances. Henchmen should be an option only and not a requirement to complete a quest for any reason.

Lastdaygunslinger said: Did you ever wonder why some dont post, Do you think it might be because they dont have any issues or cant you see that either.

Did it ever occur to you that the membership populations and the number of crowns players has done a huge turnover just in the last 2 years. Did it ever occur to you that some of the members are actually younger players on a Mater Account under the same email do not have access to these forums or other sites due to the master account holder already having membership on those sites as well? In order for those players to have an account on lets say Central for example: You have to contact the "webmaster" in order to get the other member approved for that site. Did it ever occur to you that the game is relatively new in other countries? What happens when those players start running into the same issues?

I am sorry but your tallies don't add up and never will just for the reasons I have already stated. The only way to get a correct tally would be for every registered player (including family members that play), whether subs or crowns to be able to say yay or nay all the way down to the youngest player. Will this happen? NO. So drop the referrences to percentages. Those are no good. You can only give a percentage for those that respond and that is not going to be accurate nor speak for the populace..... Ever.
Ok we will just say lets wait and see what happens. If the amount of overhead for KI starts dropping they will change but until then they wont. So if the game doesnt change lets just guess that the larger population of this game knows that its a game and accepts the challenges compared to the small amount that feel they have been betrayed by the ruthless conmen of the online gaming industry.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
I dont know about meaningless seeing how those polls show the ones that have voted and the higher % were voting that the game wasnt to difficult. I have said it before if you have a way to reach the rest of the populace please enlighten us, And can you say that the majority doesnt like it, See i know im adding up just those that voted but the higher majority of voters feel the game is fine.

Central is one site with a nifty tool on it. A vote % app which tallies the percentage for you, Now thats just for their sites tallies but its a nice way to see it without adding all the votes as for the other sites you have to add up the votes.

Let me rephrase my statement for you. The majority of VOTERS have said that the game is not to difficult.

And when you find a way to reach the rest let me know. But for know since we cannot reach them you cannot say they fell the game is easy or difficult.
Statistically speaking your numbers are meaningless. They reflect a miniscule percentage if that of the entire game population. To have meaningful results you need an adequate representation of the entire game population. You ignoring this fact does not change it nor does it make it go away.

KI knows or will know over the next few months if the world is to hard. My friends and my very informal surveys of wizards level in game tells a story. We click on every wizard we see in full and busy realms in the Bazaar and Commons. I have never seen this few top level wizards before in the game. My friends report Azteca is a ghost town during prime time on a full realm over Christmas break. That is telling me something.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Scarlet M4H on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
I looked at your thread on W101 Central, which since it is the largest forum probably has the most votes.
You have 88 people voting on your poll out of 139,800 current members.

Of the 38 people who voted that it was not too hard (just right to too easy), I know at least 24 of them use the help groups in Central. I should know; I have helped quite a few of them.
lastday i expect honesty from people and you havent been 100% honest with us. was it our buisness how many votes you had, maybe not but it is on the internet after all. now this guy just said you only have 88 votes of 139,800. i remind you again mostly the hard core players post and the casual players dont so it would be obvious that out of the 88 votes you got you would see most vote its ok. now if you only have 88 votes on central then you must not have very many more on your other sites. when 88 people vote out of 100k its a matter of luck who saw your voting poll. i would be a little bit on your side but i never realized how many people actually voted

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
gweedoboy on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
lastday i expect honesty from people and you havent been 100% honest with us. was it our buisness how many votes you had, maybe not but it is on the internet after all. now this guy just said you only have 88 votes of 139,800. i remind you again mostly the hard core players post and the casual players dont so it would be obvious that out of the 88 votes you got you would see most vote its ok. now if you only have 88 votes on central then you must not have very many more on your other sites. when 88 people vote out of 100k its a matter of luck who saw your voting poll. i would be a little bit on your side but i never realized how many people actually voted
The central site has a voting tool so i havent been adding the votes for that site , I usually just look at the percentage there and add it in. All other sites it has to be added up.

I just checked the central site and yep 88 votes and 8 of them say game is to difficult. thats 9% of 88 people.

Anymore though guys it doesnt matter. I feel the game is difficult but playable and some of you feel the same and some of you disagree. I personally dont care whether they make an easy button for the game, If they do i will be able to get the remainder of my toons through it faster so thats cool and if they dont it takes a bit longer and thats fine also. All i can tell you is that until the game changes theres 2 things we know;

1. KI doesnt see enough people wanting a change.
or
2. KI is making a poor business decision and keeping the game the same even though the populace wants a change.

Take your pick. Until it changes these are your 2 choices of whats happening.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Megan Frostriver on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
Statistically speaking your numbers are meaningless. They reflect a miniscule percentage if that of the entire game population. To have meaningful results you need an adequate representation of the entire game population. You ignoring this fact does not change it nor does it make it go away.

KI knows or will know over the next few months if the world is to hard. My friends and my very informal surveys of wizards level in game tells a story. We click on every wizard we see in full and busy realms in the Bazaar and Commons. I have never seen this few top level wizards before in the game. My friends report Azteca is a ghost town during prime time on a full realm over Christmas break. That is telling me something.
Thank you. As you stated our friends are seeing ghost worlds. I have been seeing them too. From CL forward.

As for his percentages, they are only a drop in the bucket. As I have stated elsewhere I am a member of some of those sites and as with Central, There have been a lot of views, but in general, since there has been a fairly large turnover in memberships in the last 2 years, most are there checking the guides. I can almost bet that once they start looking at the guides for the newer worlds, and seeing the extremes that are now in place, there will be more looking in another direction for their fun. There are not near as many "Full" realms as we have seen in the past. That in itself says a lot.

And you are right, there are very few TOP level wizards. One of our friends told me last night she was not going back unless she could find the help she needed. She spent 3 hours trying to accomplish something that should not requie that much time involved in a single task. I hope she will be able to complete it and would help if I were at that point, but since many of the dungeons and instances are NO Port, unless you have the quest or have done them, I am of no use to her. I wish I could since she has helped me when I needed it.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2011
I play a Life Wizard and I consider myself an advanced and experienced player to games with mathematical rules. I was able to solo just about everything in Azteca that didn't specifically need a full group. The trade off is that it takes a very long time. A fight could be 30 minutes or more!

I think the difficulty is right on except I see two problems which mess it up.

1) There is basically no equal or upgrade to Waterworks and Tower of Helephant gear (which is what I still use). Gear should be a progression and the current drop and crafted gear are all still slightly weaker. The only thing scaling which makes waterworks weak is the critical hit and block that is weaker as you level.

2) The NPCs should not be able to start with so many pips are the start.

#1 could be fixed with some way to upgrade or replace the old level 60 gear. This would allow for scaling of damage absorbed or dealt.

#2 Lower the maximum pips the mobs can start with to prevent 2+ rounds of the enemy just spamming rank 8-10 spells at the party.

SO until these issues are fixed, I think the difficulty and headache and unfairness level for solo is too high! It looks as we are forced into grouping.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
secured2k on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I play a Life Wizard and I consider myself an advanced and experienced player to games with mathematical rules. I was able to solo just about everything in Azteca that didn't specifically need a full group. The trade off is that it takes a very long time. A fight could be 30 minutes or more!

I think the difficulty is right on except I see two problems which mess it up.

1) There is basically no equal or upgrade to Waterworks and Tower of Helephant gear (which is what I still use). Gear should be a progression and the current drop and crafted gear are all still slightly weaker. The only thing scaling which makes waterworks weak is the critical hit and block that is weaker as you level.

2) The NPCs should not be able to start with so many pips are the start.

#1 could be fixed with some way to upgrade or replace the old level 60 gear. This would allow for scaling of damage absorbed or dealt.

#2 Lower the maximum pips the mobs can start with to prevent 2+ rounds of the enemy just spamming rank 8-10 spells at the party.

SO until these issues are fixed, I think the difficulty and headache and unfairness level for solo is too high! It looks as we are forced into grouping.
My main is also Life. But, I am also a casual player. I have encountered some battles that do take a while to complete. IMHO that can get very tedious after a while. But I also think the amount of time it takes is also due to the number of PPs boss/mobs are starting with. Getting hit on the first round with Siren, Medusa, Levi to name a few with their Crit on top of that and you may or may not block it is not my idea of a reasonable challenge. Especially when you are facing 3 of them.

I did a battle recently where the boss Criticaled on every spell except 2 he cast. Not once did she block a crit and she has 109 block across the board.

Agreed, the gear is nothing to get excited about and my life has also gotten more NO AUCTION gear for other schools and very little for life. She is also still using WW gear except for the boots. Those came from The final battle in Nastrond and actually gives better stats than the WW boots. What little life drops she has gotten is fairly useless.. In order to increase one stat, you lose and sometimes quite a bit in another stat.

These issues do need to be fixed and we should not be forced to group if that is not our play style. Granted there are dungeons that are easier when playing in group and I do at that point, but it has never been a forced issue before and should not be now.

The first arc was fun, and yes we did need to group to do the dungeons then as well. Since then, some have been made soloable and that is fine, but even with that nerf, there are still some that I don't intend to solo with my other wizards when they reach those quests. But before the second arc was released, most of my friends were on when I was and we did group more. We were able to be doing the same quests at the same time. I lost almost all of them post CL ( I had 2 left) and even those have left as of a year ago. I do have some wonderful new friends, but more times than not our work schedule and time zones don't allow for much time questing together.

So yes the difficulty, headaches and unfairness for solo players is too high. And having Ghost worlds is increasing more. Go take a look at CL, ZF and AV. I have and they are ghosts. Will I have friends playing in those worlds when my other wizards get there? Who knows.