Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Puppets.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Kingsisle, can you please fix the puppeting issue on wizard 101.
I love 2v2 and pvp in general but it is getting more and more unfair each day i play. I used to be able to get matched with people around me and my friends level (both 30) and have 1 or 2 puppets in a whole day. Now it is the other way around.

I'm loosing my rank constantly and unable to enjoy a game of pvp because i get criticals thrown at me from archmages. These people shouldn't be allowed to pvp as they have no skill whatsoever and are ruining the game for the people that try so hard to obtain their rank/gear.

I suggest putting a level cap on 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 to a max of 20 levels difference because this is just getting ridiculous. I would like to see more fair matches. Not to mention the attitudes most of these puppets have when they win, or on the off chance when they loose. The swearing, insulting and just all round behaviour of these people are enough to drive anyone up the wall.

I would really like to hear what anyone else has to say about this because surely i'm not the only one feeling this way towards puppets.

end of rant.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
I actually puppeted once but I had no idea what was going on and why some other wizard wanted to pvp with a low level not a high level! I am sorry for doing it but atleast we lost and I had no idea what puppeting was. Now that I know what it is I will never do it again. I promise.

Level 39 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Honestly I love when an arch tries to puppet. Because then, me ( 80 balance ) and my friend ( 70 storm) means we fight the archs and that puppet. If you dont like it, then do your quest and level up. But its just an easy pvp for us then. So please to all you archs out there, continue to puppet.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
yeah i hate puppets in pvp they really bad when i was lvl 50 then i teamed up with other lvl 50 and then we saw puppets. my friend was balannce so i though he could judge archmage but archmage had so big resist (over 50) so i really please that kingsilse wont allow puppets in pvp please update! or better dont let them find any enemies so they can wait all time till they get tired. yeah that would be cool indeed.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Yea I don't like puppet either. They are so cheap. When two magus wizards fight a level 80 you think thats fair? Puppets are just ruining this game for kids. Kids just want to rank up and be high rank. But with puppets here, they can't. So i really want you to remove puppets.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
yea i agree people puppeting messes with the ranking system to get easy matches and they shouldn't be able too this needs a level cap not a rank cap i don't care how long it takes to get a match this way but its the ONLY way to make this fair for everyone again other wise people will just walk in with 2 high levels one with 0 rank and will just keep making the 0 rank leave to keep them low points and get a ton more from people who actually had to earn it through actual fair fights and its honestly disgusting and no one should get away with that that's the whole point of the ranks for FAIR and BALANCED match ups.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Jelliie93 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
I love 2v2 and pvp in general but it is getting more and more unfair each day i play. I used to be able to get matched with people around me and my friends level (both 30) and have 1 or 2 puppets in a whole day. Now it is the other way around.

I'm loosing my rank constantly and unable to enjoy a game of pvp because i get criticals thrown at me from archmages. These people shouldn't be allowed to pvp as they have no skill whatsoever and are ruining the game for the people that try so hard to obtain their rank/gear.

I suggest putting a level cap on 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 to a max of 20 levels difference because this is just getting ridiculous. I would like to see more fair matches. Not to mention the attitudes most of these puppets have when they win, or on the off chance when they loose. The swearing, insulting and just all round behaviour of these people are enough to drive anyone up the wall.

I would really like to hear what anyone else has to say about this because surely i'm not the only one feeling this way towards puppets.

end of rant.
You took the words out of my mouth. I agree 100% with everything, 2 level 30s vs a level 80. So unfair.

Survivor
May 17, 2011
Yeah I 3v3 twice and the same puppets joined. They were commanders and they kept on spamming the same thing. First one of the ice wizards frost lords, then the other snow angels and the other fire dragons. They keep doing that. Also they used blades and a feint sometimes. They never let us cast a attack spell!

Mary SparkleBlossom

Survivor
May 17, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
...Here is how I view this. While yes, I am against puppeting, let me put it this way for you

I'll use cancer for example.

You: I have an idea
Doctor: What?
You: Cure cancer
Doctor: How?
You: Try
Doctor: Try what?
You: I don't know, can't you try something?
Doctor: We have been trying.
You: Then why isn't there a cure?
Doctor: We can't find one.
You: Then find one.
Doctor: How?
You: I don't know, stop asking me questions, just figure it out!
Doctor: You gotta be kidding me...

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Mary SparkleBlosso... on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
Well idk if they were puppets
Doesn't sound like to if they had those spells...

Survivor
Jun 18, 2010
Jelliie93 on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:

end of rant.
well you can level up instead of crying about pvp being unfair or do non rank its more fun then rank

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
chris3828 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
well you can level up instead of crying about pvp being unfair or do non rank its more fun then rank
sorry, but puppeting is a rules exploit and unbalances mid-level pvp; therefore, the op's complaint is totally valid.

i am a level 22 sergeant, and i avoid puppets by only playing 1v1. unfortunately, there's no incentive to play fair when those who cheat the system are rewarded for doing so.

-von

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Listen, low level people have just as much of a right to a fair pvp match as high levels do. How about people who do puppets instead of doing puppets fight people their own level? Instead of people leveling up. why don't puppets get the guts to fight people their own level? No matter how good someone's stats are, if they do puppets they're just bad...

So to EVERYONE that does puppets, stop doing puppets, get some guts, and fighting people your own level. End of story.

Survivor
May 17, 2012
Dr Von on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
sorry, but puppeting is a rules exploit and unbalances mid-level pvp; therefore, the op's complaint is totally valid.

i am a level 22 sergeant, and i avoid puppets by only playing 1v1. unfortunately, there's no incentive to play fair when those who cheat the system are rewarded for doing so.

-von
Nope. PvP puppets have wormed thier way into even 1v1. Not possible to have a fair match anymore. If you are going to ask how they got into 1v1,they puppet,get gear,battle. Thier commander gear gives better stats then people who are more then twice thier level. I have been beaten by adepts because of that gear. And I am a grand. I have only won 2 matches because 1 was a person down ranking,and the other was a fair match.

And Von,didn't you mention that your level 90 balance got beaten by a LEVEL 5 because of they gear when I was discussing the issue of puppets? This is something that needs to be dealt with. I can not have a fair match even in 1v1 now.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
ok... well i tried lvling up i thought lvl 50 woulf b good of enough but nowadays u have 2 get 2 like lvl 80-90 2 escape all those no skilled pvp cheaters

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ella3800 on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
Nope. PvP puppets have wormed thier way into even 1v1. Not possible to have a fair match anymore. If you are going to ask how they got into 1v1,they puppet,get gear,battle. Thier commander gear gives better stats then people who are more then twice thier level. I have been beaten by adepts because of that gear. And I am a grand. I have only won 2 matches because 1 was a person down ranking,and the other was a fair match.

And Von,didn't you mention that your level 90 balance got beaten by a LEVEL 5 because of they gear when I was discussing the issue of puppets? This is something that needs to be dealt with. I can not have a fair match even in 1v1 now.
you can't puppet in 1v1.

what puppeting is: a low/mid-level wizard teaming up with a 50+ buddy to gain rank, because the system matches people based on the mean (average) level/rank of all players on a team.

example: a level 10 ice private and level 80 balance warlord create a match together, and end up facing a level 45 storm commander and level 47 ice warlord. because that level 80 player has access to critical and block (which low/mid-level players cannot access without spending crowns), that mid-level team will be defeated instantly, because they lack the resources to survive a critical hit.

and no, you are incorrect. my (then-level-17) pyromancer was beaten by a level 5 warlord with the full pvp set, yes. but my promethean balance wizard was not. as stated above, matches are determined by the average rank/level of all players on the team, and this could not have happened, for 2 reasons:

1) my balance wizard is a private; therefore, it's highly unlikely that she would be matched with a warlord; and

2) she is also level 90, and would not be matched against a level 5 in 1v1; the only way they could end up in the same dueling ring would be if the level 5 was puppeting.

-

you are right, though, in that those who play fairly simply cannot compete with full crowns and commander gear. my level 22 sergeant faced a level 30 warlord today: he had 60 global resist, perfect pet... i've always said that this game is about money power, not hard work, and i will stand by that until something is done about this unbalance in low/mid-level pvp.

-von
sergeant, veteran for 5 whole minutes.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I don't think I should agree, I go for rank only because it provides me free tickets win or lose. I buy lots of pet snacks and such to help me get gold or train pets. I'd say just soup up your deck more to fend them off. Life is not always fair, but you can make it better if you choose to.

Kane DeathBringer, Level 65 Death

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
1 I will have to say that the most common factor about puppets is they all try first to put your concentration to the duel by swearing being mean etc
2 the teams are unfair I mean its me and my friend vs a lvl 90 promethean witch is impossible to beat since we dont block really often many people can't use critical block and end there
3 the worst part is when they laugh at us if like we were noobs when they ussed a puppet team
ki plz put a lvl filter for pvp

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I am a lvl 36 balance. Jack frost, I a warlord and have done 2v2, and i usually gets puppets like lvl 50 and 18 vs me and my friend and he is lvl 38, kingsisle please don't allow puppets

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I hate puppets so much. But once I got a *gasp* fair match! But seriously puppets need some fixing KI. Me and my level 39 friend (I was a level 30 on my life wiz) got puppeted hard. Level 90 and level 1. The level one spammed tc towers so he could live on. Then smokecreens and enfeebles with some quakes. The 90 used a colossal sandstorm as a joke (He thought it would take down some magus people) and it nearly defeated us. Then he made fun of us and neither of us had text chat (on my team) so we couldn't respond. But my rank is okay. But seriously people are going "giant hunting" for 90's. Needs fixing KI.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Not all 2v2 teams that have a difference in game level are what you call puppets.

I try to play PVP for fun, not status. Today I had a totally uncalled for assault by a team.

I was playing my lvl 77 balance warlord and had asked my friend, who was on his lvl 37 fire warlord to join me in a pvp match. My friend warned me that his lvl would most likely make us lose the match.

I had my chat turned off, as usual, because I can't stand the usual nasty banter in pvp.

One opposing player just kept timing out / passing, never tossed a hit in over ten rounds. The other opponent loaded me up with an assortment of negative's then proceeded to repeatedly kill my partner. I tried to keep my partner healed to no avail. Then the other partner began playing and in a short while the match was lost.

Then when I got back to the PVP sign up area I got a message from KI that I had been reported with a warning about improper language. I never said a word in the game, my chat was turned off. So I turned my chat on and was appalled at the nasty banter going on between Angle, Wolf and Hunter - on and on about puppet teams deserved to die, and much worse. At the end of all this ugly banter one of them said they were going to report me for puppeting.

Well, just because my friend and I were of different lvl and wanted to do a PVP together, why were we automatically considered puppets?

So I ask all of you PVP purists to think twice before you jump to conclusions and assume everyone is out to cheat the system and is doing what you call puppeting. I was just trying to have a bit of fun with a friend of mine.

Thank you so much Angle, Wolf, and Hunter for proving to me that even having your chat turned off can leave a very sour taste in your mouth after the fact. My hope is that some day you will develop some compassion for others, not be so cruel to others, and understand that not everyone is out to "cheat the system". Some of us just want to have fun with a friend.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
I have to agree puppets are unskilled people that have no other way to win pvp than to cheat this issue has got to be fixed i:

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Hey,

Sometimes puppets are just quick joined level 50 warlords with higher levels sorry about that since I have done that good luck to all against them

James PearlSteed

Level 50 myth warlord 1694 ranking