Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weak gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2010
So i recently have very bad equipment ( I got them all from the bazaar) and people in pvp have these cool equipment that raises their school attack, crtical, resistance, and accurate.

How do i find those gear. I mean i am a level 64 and people have these level 60 equipment.

Can anyone help me?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
LukeAndEye on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
So i recently have very bad equipment ( I got them all from the bazaar) and people in pvp have these cool equipment that raises their school attack, crtical, resistance, and accurate.

How do i find those gear. I mean i am a level 64 and people have these level 60 equipment.

Can anyone help me?
Hey there, supergreen~ the gear you're seeing is probably the Waterworks set, which is farmable from level 60 onward and is still the best gear available in-game. All schools have them, and they are:

Fire: Firestarter's hood/cape/boots
Ice: Frostbit hood/cape/boots
Storm: Skyscream hood/cape/boots
Myth: Tricksy hood/cape/boots
Death: Hangman's hood/cape/boots
Life: Hood/cape/boots of Esprit
Balance: Hood/cape/boots of Judgement.

-

There is also special PvP-only gear that's available for arena tickets~ it boosts your accuracy, stun resistance, and a host of other stats... I've seen a lot of these recently as well. If that's what you're after, then good luck!

El Veeb
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
You know that dungeon waterworks everybody talks about? Well, get ready to to do it however many times you have to in order to get your gear to drop

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

Can anyone help me?
I haven't been there yet, but I have heard that The Waterworks drops the best Level 60 gear.

This fansite link shows some info on gear by school:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Items_by_School

And this link shows Level 60 gear:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Level_60%2B_Any_School_Robes

There is a lot more info on that fansite that you could find.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Can anyone help me?
What you are seeing is Waterworks gear. It's the best gear out there.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
This is most likely Waterworks gear and is obtained by farming Waterworks.

Life: Hood/Cape/Boots of Esprit
Storm: Skyscream Hood/Cape/Boots
Death: Hangman's Hood/Cape/Boots
Myth: Tricksy Hood/Cape/Boots
Fire: Can't recall I:
Ice: Frostbit Hood/Cape/Boots
Balance: Hood/Cape/Boots of Judgement

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Probably they got the level 60 equipment that you describe in the Waterworks, which is described here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Waterworks

You might also want to check their equipment and research it in the wiki.

Good luck! :)

Defender
May 24, 2012
If possible, get you gear in the Crown Shop. Go for the stats. You can always stitch the stats to an outfit you like. Athames, rings and wands too. Almost forgot.....you don't say what your secondary school is (or primary for that matter) but I bought a Fire Mastery Amulet for my Death wizard. She carries a Fire wand and has some fire spells. It will help you with pips. Good luck.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
If you're at level 64 and still using gear you're getting at the bazaar, it sounds like you need to farm the waterworks for your school 60 gear. It can take a long time to get it all, but it's worth it. You probably also need to do the helephant tower for the ring and sword.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
If you are seeing level 60 No Auction gear it is from Waterworks. Solid gear that will take you almost through Avalon quite well.
If you do not want to run Waterworks over and over, you can craft some comparable gear in Wintertusk. Gear is almost equal with WW gear and getting it is not based on luck.
Good Luck!
pods

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I just thought of something~ if you don't get your Waterworks gear right away (it can take a while, sometimes), the closest you can get to its stats is the Wintertusk crafted gear. You'll need to be a grandmaster artisan and complete all quests up to Sudrilund before you can talk to Carax Strongthread~ as long as you meet those requirements, you can buy the recipes from him.

My Storm wiz has been through WW about 7 times~ she's gotten her hat and boots twice, but still no robe. I hate crafting, but I sucked it up, hunted down the reagents, and crafted the WT robe for her anyway~ it made a huge difference in her stats, especially resistance and critical.

Just wanted to let you know that you have options!
-veebz

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
If you dont have the time there is gear you can find in crown shop and bazaar that will do just fine but you must be patient it could take a will to find it. Took me a month to find my robe on bazaar that is better than the waterworks gear for what i need.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
quilteddawg63 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
If possible, get you gear in the Crown Shop. Go for the stats. You can always stitch the stats to an outfit you like. Athames, rings and wands too. Almost forgot.....you don't say what your secondary school is (or primary for that matter) but I bought a Fire Mastery Amulet for my Death wizard. She carries a Fire wand and has some fire spells. It will help you with pips. Good luck.
Sorry, this just isn't correct. Crowns shop gear is not the best gear, nor are the stats as good as or better than that of the Waterworks gear.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010

Can anyone help me?
you're kidding right! XD you have never heard of stitched waterworks gear??????????????

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Im level 34 and having the same trouble, I looked at the stats of a levle 20 player and his gear was 15th level,but had huge resistances,accuracy,criticals, I was just like what. I only have 16% bonus to life damage,and 5% life resistance, and 54% chance of a power pip that is really more like a 10% chance at pp. very frustrating. I dont even know where a crown shop is. cant find large pots, or plots of ground..I dont think Im doing something right..I've begun to look at this game as just a way to pass time now..

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Crown shop gear is ok, not great. It's good for well roundedness and a card usually. You could set up some great universal critical hit or block armor sets with crowns shop gear, but you'll miss out on the damage bonuses from waterworks gear and spell resistances as well.

At level 80 crowns shop armor is really lacking, it is really nice for those at level 50 though.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
Im level 34 and having the same trouble, I looked at the stats of a levle 20 player and his gear was 15th level,but had huge resistances,accuracy,criticals, I was just like what. I only have 16% bonus to life damage,and 5% life resistance, and 54% chance of a power pip that is really more like a 10% chance at pp. very frustrating. I dont even know where a crown shop is. cant find large pots, or plots of ground..I dont think Im doing something right..I've begun to look at this game as just a way to pass time now..
The crown shop is an icon on your screen when you are logged into the game. Look in the top left-hand corner of your screen. Double click it. Viola! The crown shop.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Saffron the Epic on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
The only way a player under level 50 can have access to critical and block is by purchasing Crowns gear, specifically wands and the like from hoard packs.