Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

El Dorado

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Can you expand upon Karamelle, Penguinonia, Wallaru, and Alissar?

Also, what do all your abbreviations mean? I only know some.
This post was before the post about Alissa being North America was approved, but any ither info would be great.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
I personally think the squids in the P101 puppet shows are just generic funny evil creatures (although some people think it's Cthulhu or something along those lines and it's what destroyed El Dorado).

I elaborated on why the Candied Isles aren't actually joke worlds, and I think Alissar would certainly be close to/a part of Zafaria.

It wouldn't be Australia, it'd be Native North America. Which would fit perfectly with the theme of Cool Ranch.

I didn't say it'd be part of Valencia, I was just running out of space and things got confusing. When I said above Valencia, I meant above the map we have so far, I personally think it is the moon around Polaris.

Yes, Book XV came out for Pirate101 very recently after the literal YEARS it had been waited for, so things are certainly going to be interesting as more and more pirates progress into more and more lore.

I'm also looking forward to the Clockwork Gauntlet (at least I think it's something along those lines) and as the references to Valencia increase, I feel more and more confident that they are the 'fleeting empires' Old Cob refers to.

And about that timeline, I am going to look for that right now.

Five minutes later, I found this; http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?454234-Kingsisle-Timeline

Certain parts look fairly uncertain and certain parts (Such as where Pirate101 occurs) but most of these mistakes are highlighted in replies. It seems rather handy, I'll have to bookmark that.
Doesn't seem that accurate in positioning...

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Our information is primarily coming from the dialogue in the two games, or posts from KingsIsle. We've also been posting links to pages, when available.

FableFinder- El Dorado is part of the Spiral, but your right in that it could be referring to the Shadow Web or something. Also we don't know for sure if the key contained Krokotopian Hieroglyphics (could be Celestian or something else). Walzakastan is probably an island that is part of Polaris. It is where Antuskette's Firstest Cousin is from and presumably Antuskette herself.

Allisar is mentioned to be where one of the Old Elephant Queen's is from and Penguinonia is referred in the Role Call Video about Lydia Greyrose (her hometown is called Karamelle) and also in Polaris. (It's the part of Polaris that the Penguins are from)

The abbreviations are not canonized, and I too sometimes find it hard to follow.

Wallaru- Blaze, I'm sorry to tell you that Wallaru is not based off of North America, it is 100% Australia. Here is why: Zander the Life Scholar hails from Wallaru and is a Koala bear. Wallaru is an alternative spelling of Wallaroo which is a portmanteau of Kangaroo and Wallaby. If you don't believe me please see the latest (June) newsletter featuring Zander himself! Jaki Whisperwind who probably comes from the North American world you are talking about does mention Wallaru, but she just had it confused with Zafaria. (She's my favorite scholar ).

I wonder where they got the information that Henry or Harry Digmoore invented the Spiral Door? As in order to fashion a Spiral Key to the Door in Khrysalis we had to use the Myth Forge and a powerful Death and Life Reagent. Although I guess, the Khrysalis Door was destroyed vs. Wizard City probably had a connection already established for Marleybone to be able to connect too.

I wonder if in Pirate we'll be able to go to Cheddarberg (MB) at some point...

Also whoever wrote that timeline you found was a Diviner as he favored Storm and said the Giants started it...

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Also here is a link to The Ravenwood Role Call video about Lydia Greyrose (they have some of the other professors too.) I put it as a separate post in case it is removed as it links to YouTube, but it is KingsIsle's YouTube Channel.

Also Cheddarberg as I'm sure that will be asked...

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I think I have potential evidence that wizards will be visiting El Dorado. Listen to me here.

At the end of Briskbreeze Tower, Lieutenant Culpepper, the guard we rescue, "recounted his adventure and said that Orrick described something terrible that was coming to the Spiral, and that Krokotopia was the next step. However, he quickly dismissed such thoughts, glad to be alive. But Orrick left us something - two keys. One 'made of bone, and the other...covered with hieroglyphs.' KingsIsle never followed up on that story, but even foes like Morganthe can't 'come to the Spiral.' Now what could that mean?"

I have a theory. In the post you linked, it says Krokotopia could have the entrance to El Dorado. Krokotopia could be 'the next step' to wizards going to El Dorado.

What do you think?
Sorry to disappoint, but, I don't think that theory will work. Here's how...

The hieroglyph key obtained from Orrick Nightglider was later known to be the Rebus Key, which is used to enter the House of Scales without being dead. That's what's used to get to the House of Scales to stop Ammit from carrying her crazy plan to free herself from her given role & broaden Ammit's Army.

The story that began in Briskbreeze Tower continued with the addition of Zigazag, that clears some things with the two keys- Well, just one, & what Culpepper meant by Krokotopia being "the next step", which is also explained upon going to Zigazag. We have no idea what the other key is used for, but, I'm sure that is going to have a purpose later. Also, Ammit mentioned Sekhmet, so it's known we may meet her someday soon...

I don't think Wizards will be going to El Dorado, likely due to many reasons. Best leave that to the Pirates. El Dorado's known to have not only a lotta gold, but to numerous horrors & dangers no one can control, including the untold dark powers & giant golden sentinels that inhabit that forsaken city. Some say... it is cursed through Shadow powers through First World Shadow Sentients!

Slightly disappointed about P101's 1st arc's shortened ending, though... would've kept the arc's outline like Blind Mew planned... Eh. No bother.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This post was before the post about Alissa being North America was approved, but any ither info would be great.
It is not/I don't think anyone said it was? Allisar (or however you spell it) is most likely from ZF. Again Wallaru is not North American either. Wallaru is based on Australia. See the June 2016 Newsletter about Zander (it's linked in my previous post.)

I agree with Trimond297^^^. I forgot about ZigZag etc. I only did it on one Wizard and it was a speed run because the other people in my team up were farming so I didn't read the dialogue. So I believe the Hieroglyphs were indeed Krokotopian, not another language as I originally postulated.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
exp613 on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Our information is primarily coming from the dialogue in the two games, or posts from KingsIsle. We've also been posting links to pages, when available.

FableFinder- El Dorado is part of the Spiral, but your right in that it could be referring to the Shadow Web or something. Also we don't know for sure if the key contained Krokotopian Hieroglyphics (could be Celestian or something else). Walzakastan is probably an island that is part of Polaris. It is where Antuskette's Firstest Cousin is from and presumably Antuskette herself.

Allisar is mentioned to be where one of the Old Elephant Queen's is from and Penguinonia is referred in the Role Call Video about Lydia Greyrose (her hometown is called Karamelle) and also in Polaris. (It's the part of Polaris that the Penguins are from)

The abbreviations are not canonized, and I too sometimes find it hard to follow.

Wallaru- Blaze, I'm sorry to tell you that Wallaru is not based off of North America, it is 100% Australia. Here is why: Zander the Life Scholar hails from Wallaru and is a Koala bear. Wallaru is an alternative spelling of Wallaroo which is a portmanteau of Kangaroo and Wallaby. If you don't believe me please see the latest (June) newsletter featuring Zander himself! Jaki Whisperwind who probably comes from the North American world you are talking about does mention Wallaru, but she just had it confused with Zafaria. (She's my favorite scholar ).

I wonder where they got the information that Henry or Harry Digmoore invented the Spiral Door? As in order to fashion a Spiral Key to the Door in Khrysalis we had to use the Myth Forge and a powerful Death and Life Reagent. Although I guess, the Khrysalis Door was destroyed vs. Wizard City probably had a connection already established for Marleybone to be able to connect too.

I wonder if in Pirate we'll be able to go to Cheddarberg (MB) at some point...

Also whoever wrote that timeline you found was a Diviner as he favored Storm and said the Giants started it...
That's a shame about Wallaru, but the newsletter is more canon than myself. Some of those Abbreviations I did come up with myself, but most are widely accepted by wizards and pirates alike. Lots of good info about the worlds, thank you for that, and I do agree that the timeline is rather wrong.

As for what Trimond said, I agree entirely. I think that Bone Key will take us somewhere interesting, and Sekhmet was an Egyptian lion goddess of healing. I hope we'll see her around KT again or even MR.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes, let me correct/clarify myself about abbreviations: When I say canonized I mean by their ability to be spoken by the Wizard101 game chat filters. For example I know that WC KT MB MS DS CL and GH are all allowed by the filter. WT (Wintertusk), ZF might be, but some that I know that are popular and that I try to use like KH (Khrysalis) and PL (Polaris) are not even though they had been out for a while. Perhaps KI just hasn't added them yet. Also generally you can figure it out even if it is not normally used so like Rajah is RJ just because those are the two most prominent letters/syllables in the world name. I think it's just some of the newer ones we are not fully accustomed too as they are new, but if/when they are included in the chat filter I bet that it would be similar to what they are in these posts.

No again, I'm excited that Wallaru is based off of Australia! I'm sure that in due time we will get to see Jaki's World in one of the games. It may be a sister-world to Cool Ranch, (maybe the "Back East" that the Chickens talk about) or maybe it's it's own separate no where near Cool Ranch world!

Sekhmet is a lioness? It could also maybe be Zafaria then... Or if she's a goddess then maybe she is in that lost magical city of Alissar?

To take it back to El Dorado- if there is indeed a large amount of Shadow Magic there perhaps the Wizards are eventually destined to El Dorado? I also don't know what the Pirates would do after they find El Dorado. Perhaps the Fountain of Youth, however, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense since they are still young Pirates.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
exp613 on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
It is not/I don't think anyone said it was? Allisar (or however you spell it) is most likely from ZF. Again Wallaru is not North American either. Wallaru is based on Australia. See the June 2016 Newsletter about Zander (it's linked in my previous post.)

I agree with Trimond297^^^. I forgot about ZigZag etc. I only did it on one Wizard and it was a speed run because the other people in my team up were farming so I didn't read the dialogue. So I believe the Hieroglyphs were indeed Krokotopian, not another language as I originally postulated.
I think Allissar's supposed to be another magical lost city that is mysterious & far away from any Spiral world by far, so, it's certain we may see it someday.

My thanks. You should pay close attention to the dialogue & get the facts straight. Events in & between W101 & P101 chronicle the Spiral's history & lore.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
You can ignore that post, it was also approved before you posted that earlier post.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
But if you know nothing about the worlds except dialogue, how can you know where to put them?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015