Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells We Want

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I can't speak for all schools, but I think I'm accurate in saying each school wants aspects that other schools have. And I can't speak for KI either, but I think it's safe to say that's the point of the game. But there are many things that could just be added to make the game better for all schools. This is my two cents on the whole issue.

- I haven't made a Pyromancer that got higher than level 15, and I don't have one rn; so I can't really talk about this one.

- I don't have a high-level Thaumaturge at the moment, but I can say that a heal would be helpful, maybe even a tiny heal with a small shield for 1/2 pips would be great.

- I'm certain some defensive spells would be much appreciated, but the element or chance in this school is fun (until you fizzle 3 times in a row). Charms are very prominent in this school so a weakness/plague card could fit in and help lots.

- Conjurers oft feel left out, the half-finished school to fill in the gaps. I think the main reason for this is because the 'focus' of the school changes so drastically as you progress. The minions became useless, then the PvP spells didn't help much in PvE and then the stuns didn't take off either. KI is obviously trying to bring back the minion side of this school, which is great and all; but a spell to control your minion's hand/moves would be extremely helpful. Be it an enchantment on the minion card or a spell that lasts a set amount of turns, it would be immensely helpful. Also, a way to summon more than one minion would synergize perfectly with the school's focus.

- A very good school. Early-game if you can defend well enough and heal you can win rather easily, and later game the damage becomes all too real. Perfect in a team and good for solo, but an AoE at <8 pips is practically necessary. Death got Deer Knight (even if it is Loremaster) but Life is still waiting. Also, I personally love the concept behind Wings of Fate and hope to see more spells akin to that.

- Drains and negative charms are where this school really shines as unique, and if used well Necromancers can be brilliant for soloing the game. Personally I think more sacrificial spells would do this school well to remain unique, but I'm not well-informed on this school.

- Oh boy. This school has so many things that other schools don't, but at the same time lacks the basics. We have out-of-school attacks, but no prism. Tons of elemental/spirit charms/wards, but no school shield. Two universal blades, but not one school blade. A power-pip global spell, but none for damage. I'd like to see EITHER a prism, shield or school blade (not all). I understand the power mechanics of this game and Sorcerers would grow too OP with that stuff added, but too bland if they replaced the current things. I'd also love to see Spectral Blast replaced by Spirit Blast (Chimera is too high-level to boost against our bosses, but a prism early-game would fix this issue).

More to come, but I need more space.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
I can't speak for all schools, but I think I'm accurate in saying each school wants aspects that other schools have. And I can't speak for KI either, but I think it's safe to say that's the point of the game. But there are many things that could just be added to make the game better for all schools. This is my two cents on the whole issue.

- I haven't made a Pyromancer that got higher than level 15, and I don't have one rn; so I can't really talk about this one.

- I don't have a high-level Thaumaturge at the moment, but I can say that a heal would be helpful, maybe even a tiny heal with a small shield for 1/2 pips would be great.

- I'm certain some defensive spells would be much appreciated, but the element or chance in this school is fun (until you fizzle 3 times in a row). Charms are very prominent in this school so a weakness/plague card could fit in and help lots.

- Conjurers oft feel left out, the half-finished school to fill in the gaps. I think the main reason for this is because the 'focus' of the school changes so drastically as you progress. The minions became useless, then the PvP spells didn't help much in PvE and then the stuns didn't take off either. KI is obviously trying to bring back the minion side of this school, which is great and all; but a spell to control your minion's hand/moves would be extremely helpful. Be it an enchantment on the minion card or a spell that lasts a set amount of turns, it would be immensely helpful. Also, a way to summon more than one minion would synergize perfectly with the school's focus.

- A very good school. Early-game if you can defend well enough and heal you can win rather easily, and later game the damage becomes all too real. Perfect in a team and good for solo, but an AoE at <8 pips is practically necessary. Death got Deer Knight (even if it is Loremaster) but Life is still waiting. Also, I personally love the concept behind Wings of Fate and hope to see more spells akin to that.

- Drains and negative charms are where this school really shines as unique, and if used well Necromancers can be brilliant for soloing the game. Personally I think more sacrificial spells would do this school well to remain unique, but I'm not well-informed on this school.

- Oh boy. This school has so many things that other schools don't, but at the same time lacks the basics. We have out-of-school attacks, but no prism. Tons of elemental/spirit charms/wards, but no school shield. Two universal blades, but not one school blade. A power-pip global spell, but none for damage. I'd like to see EITHER a prism, shield or school blade (not all). I understand the power mechanics of this game and Sorcerers would grow too OP with that stuff added, but too bland if they replaced the current things. I'd also love to see Spectral Blast replaced by Spirit Blast (Chimera is too high-level to boost against our bosses, but a prism early-game would fix this issue).

When I said more to come, I didn't mean much, but there's certainly something. is of all schools, right? 's shields, 's blades, 's minions, 's heals, and damage from all of them. But there's no DoT that could be viewed as a aspect, and while Weakness may count as something of ; something else might be helpful. Perhaps a drain or healing debuff. Also, however, on the global issue, I am passionate about one of two things:

1) Make Clockwork Spider learnable. Need I even explain how helpful this would be, but I'm all for keeping unique, so this is my least favourite of the two.

2) Bring back Dampen Magic. To replace an existing spell or from Niles, this is just as unique as Power Play and would be greatly appreciated in fights against powerful bosses. Alternatively, it could be available in the Arcanum and be reworked to limit players and enemies to only normal/power pips with no pips. I'd love either one of these.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I see Life's lack of an early AoE spell as a reasonable cost for its advantages.

Though, instead of having school-specific blades for Balance, one thing I'd like to see are "reinforced blades" which take more pips than their weaker counterparts but increase damage more (e. g. 1 pip for +45% damage).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's my thoughts, for the schools Ive maxed out:

- I think a Mass Curse spell would be good. Im not a fan of the damage self donate spells. I get why they're there, but I dont like them

- The only issue I really have with fire, is lack of a useful healing spell. The link spells arent really that good in most situations

- Potboiler would be a huge win for life

- I LOVE the idea of myth being able to control their minions' hits AND being able to summon more than one at a time. BOTH have been suggested many times

Defender
May 23, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:

I appreciate your thinking, but the advantages and disadvantages makes each school unique. In my opinion the schools should have both. If there was a "perfect" school, I wouldn't play this game. Not to offend you or anything, but I disagree with some of your points.

- Any heal with a shield? Absolutely not. Snowball Barrage feels bland though and a little too weak.

- My storm wiz rarely ever fizzles. Negative charms like weakness/plague should only be added as effect of an attack spell. I am all for increasing their damage potential, but not their durability.

- Yeah, the minions gets useless the more you progress. I agree there should be more options to support the minions better. I don't feel that's needed though, just something nice to have. Also, this has nothing to do with your suggestions, but I've read in a different topic that myth needs a healing spell. Personally, I don't think a healing spell for myth is needed. My myth does quite well on his own.

- I have trouble seeing it as a "fairness" issue because death has deer knight. If anything, I just buy forest lord cub tcs (cost 2 pips less lol) from the bazaar. I don't mind not having a < 8 pips aoe for this school. Yes, the battle takes longer, but that is part of the game.

- Like myth, I don't feel they need anything. I agree with your idea, but more "Sacrificial" spells are simply nice to have. Personally, death is the easiest school to solo.

- Balance is tricky. I agree that spectral blast should be acquirable, but I do not want to see a prism. My balance has myth as secondary school. She has no problems soloing and does well on her own with it. However, I have played without the myth mastery, and yes it is quite difficult. Don't forget though, balance can heal.

Just my two cents.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
The kind of spell i think would be awesome is the kind of spell that would reset your enemies pip bar where it is fully empty and would cost 0 mana and its called Pip Bar Drain