Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unhappy Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
I went through the trouble of farming up enough reagents to hopefully craft the mighty gem. After 10 gems the mats I have spent a lot of time collecting were all gone and I didn't craft a single mighty gem. I don't like how the gem crafting is set up to be random. In real life when you set out to make something you end up making that very thing if you know what you're doing. So, I don't agree with this system being random. There are already a ton of randomness without adding it to the crafting system. I feel like the developers got a little lazy by making it random and not fixed. I would like to see a change to this system for the better.

Please make it so when I go to craft something specific that I can craft exactly what I want to craft.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
I was sharing my thoughts about this with a friend and I now stand corrected. It's not that the developers got lazy it's that crafting was created in the spirit of the game which is random based.

I now understand that but I still feel that this game should not completely become random in every aspect, that way there is something for everyone. Thanks for listening. Share your thoughts!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
I make no jokes with this. 300 mats of titanium and still no mighty gem. I've crafted 30 gems all trash. Not to mention the mats are not plentiful. Completely unhappy with this aspect of the game being based on a rng.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you'll be happy to know that others agree with you about the randomness of the gems crafting. So far however, there's no fix, but there's 2 updates coming this year (summer and fall as I recall), so maybe a part of one of those will address this issue

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Agree with you on the gamble that is crafting gems - huge waste of time and resources, which is why I have never bothered with it.

I can't imagine why the game creators decided to go all 'random' in the gem crafting area because it doesn't make one lick of sense. Master craftsmen don't turn out 'random' products - if they did they'd go out of business!! Who would go to a carpenter if the guy said, "hey I'll build you a house but no guarantee it'll have a bathroom or the number of bedrooms you need." No way. Better to buy a pre-built house and know what you're getting up front.

So yeah, crafting gems should be like crafting treasure cards: make it hard with rare reagents but if the crafter follows the recipe then she should know ahead of time exactly what she's getting.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
exp613 on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
What are you trying to craft?
the mighty pet gem

still no luck, crafted every gem from that bracket but the mighty gem. Not willing to give up yet, still trying.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
exp613 on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Is it dropped by any bosses?
Not that I'm aware of. Still no luck just wasted another 80 titanium. :( ugh

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I feel you. Yesterday I actually decided to craft a couple death pet gems just for the heck of it (I had all the resources and didn't need them for anything else) and to my dismay I got two crit-boost gems instead of something useful like, I dunno, accuracy or damage boosts because everything else isn't worth it?! I'd be all for making the recipes harder if it meant getting the gem we wanted, I just absolutely hate the randomness of gem crafting. And it's worse for the gems you use on your gear. It takes so much time and energy to scrounge up the stupid amount of rare reagents required to craft a recipe that will inevitably only give you flat stat gems. Ugh.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Yeah, this system is very discouraging. I wasted another 100 rare mats today and still no mighty gem. That's 480 mats total so far and nada. I decided I'd see if I could get what I wanted using a powerful opal instead and on my pet the stats were there but not in the actual stat calculations. So, I have to have this mighty opal and who knows I may never actually get it. x.x