Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New World Ideas

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Mirage

Mirage. Everyone's familiar with this one. I've heard lots of ideas about this - desert worlds to time worlds to mountain worlds. These are some of my theories and ideas about the mysterious world of Mirage.

First, let's start with the two definitions of the word mirage from Google.

1) "An optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions, especially by the appearance of a sheet of water in a desert or on a hot road caused by the refraction of light from the sky by heated air."

2) "Something that appears real or possible but is not in fact so."

For the sake of creativity, let's go with number 2.

I have two theories/ideas (they're kind of both) about this world.

If it is to be a world, here is what I have in mind. This world is a mystery, if you go to the world, you won't know what it is. It could be many worlds at once...Krokotopia...Marleybone...everything you knew about Wizard101 reality could be different in this world. Or it could simply not be a world but still an element of the game. What I mean by this is that maybe a wizard, it could be a villain, is using powerful magic to cause an illusion of this world, and its citizens, and everything, but in fact everything about this world is an illusion generated by this powerful sorcerer.

Now here's my other idea, if Mirage isn't a world. Consider the second definition more thoroughly.

2) "Something that appears real or possible but is not in fact so."

Think about that for a moment. What if Mirage is never to be a world? It could be very literal. It appears real because of the character supposedly from it, but Wizard101 might never create it. I find this likely - it could be a way for Wizard101 to generate ideas and lore about this world, which can give them ideas. But guess what, they could've been tricking us all along. The very name suggests it. The very purpose of this world could simply be to keep people interested, to keep a forever mystery that will never be solved.

What do you think?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So I believe Mirage is an Arabic World which has Cats as the main citizens. Such as Qismah and the student from Mirage in Wysteria. I imagine that there will be some sort of illusion stuff going on, but I don't think it will be as quixotic as you described.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Wysteria

Wysteria should definitely be expanded into a full-blown world. It looks sort of like Greece and seems to be based off of it so KingsIsle could play on that. That pegasus garden could be invaded by a chimaera and the wizard could battle it with the pegasus giving it a stat boost (like it does in the B.O.X.E.S. events). That would be cool.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I definitely agree with the Expand Wysteria notion!

Wysteria is based slightly off of Italy and general magic school stuff from what I've been told.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Mirage is a desert sultan themed world ruled by warlords and sultans in search for the dsert star. It is ruled by cats and other unkown creatures. If you have seen the Sultans palace that is a small hint of what mirage will be like.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
greatwizard1256 on Jun 11, 2016 wrote:
Mirage is a desert sultan themed world ruled by warlords and sultans in search for the dsert star. It is ruled by cats and other unkown creatures. If you have seen the Sultans palace that is a small hint of what mirage will be like.
Is this information confirmed?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
Wysteria

Wysteria should definitely be expanded into a full-blown world. It looks sort of like Greece and seems to be based off of it so KingsIsle could play on that. That pegasus garden could be invaded by a chimaera and the wizard could battle it with the pegasus giving it a stat boost (like it does in the B.O.X.E.S. events). That would be cool.
I remember reading an idea from someone about Wysteria returning with a possible villain being the Big Bad Wolf (because pigs in Wysteria) who stole the Eye of History. There were ideas about the wolf stealing it from Malistaire or making a deal with him, but after Malistaire was defeated, we don't know what happened to it. Bartleby never got it back. Could the wolf have stolen it after Malistaire fell?

Hmmm.....

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
I remember reading an idea from someone about Wysteria returning with a possible villain being the Big Bad Wolf (because pigs in Wysteria) who stole the Eye of History. There were ideas about the wolf stealing it from Malistaire or making a deal with him, but after Malistaire was defeated, we don't know what happened to it. Bartleby never got it back. Could the wolf have stolen it after Malistaire fell?

Hmmm.....
Actually the person who suggested the idea called him the Great Wolf, not the Big Bad Wolf. Haha I'm getting fairy tales confused with Wysteria. You can't blame me though, those pigs really fit the part.