Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think non-members be able to..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Personally, I think that non-paying members should be able to travel across a select number of worlds-- but not ALL worlds. What do you guys think?

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
I think if you were able to travel all over the spiral without a membership, you would bypass the main reason to get a membership. Most of the membership perks are complete nonsense aside from the ability to go wherever you want. Non-members get plenty of roaming space without paying in Wizard City. The reason zones cost such a ludacris amount is because KI wants to encourage players to get a membership.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I think all of Wizard City, including Colossus Blvd should be free to play. The game has grown so much since then, at least this would give new players a chance to experience a little more of the game.

Someone on another forum suggested the entire game be opened to all players for a limited time on Christmas. I like the idea, but don't particularly like it on Christmas - perhaps on a US Federal Holiday (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, President's Day). It would give F2P/Crowns players the option to see what is coming, encourage memberships, and probably generate some enthusiasm for the game.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2016
I agree with Adam. If non-members were able to everywhere, that would defeat the purpose of a membership. However, I do think it would be nice if they could at least be able to finish Cyclops Lane and Firecat Alley.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
PaigeGoldenspear on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I think all of Wizard City, including Colossus Blvd should be free to play. The game has grown so much since then, at least this would give new players a chance to experience a little more of the game.

Someone on another forum suggested the entire game be opened to all players for a limited time on Christmas. I like the idea, but don't particularly like it on Christmas - perhaps on a US Federal Holiday (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, President's Day). It would give F2P/Crowns players the option to see what is coming, encourage memberships, and probably generate some enthusiasm for the game.
I agree that all of wizard city should be open. Right now, the little bit that's open isn't much of a demo and while a number of people get hooked on the game with what's available, a lot more would be hooked if the first restricted spot was Krok.

And I also think that it should be possible to buy zones even though you also have a membership. That way, if something happened to your cash flow, and you had to drop your membership, at least you could still play as long as you had also bought zones when you had money to do so.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
daisy71502 on May 25, 2016 wrote:
Personally, I think that non-paying members should be able to travel across a select number of worlds-- but not ALL worlds. What do you guys think?
I would rather see all of WC to be F2P than this. WC makes a LOT more sense than small bits of all the worlds

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Geoffery23 on May 29, 2016 wrote:
I agree that all of wizard city should be open. Right now, the little bit that's open isn't much of a demo and while a number of people get hooked on the game with what's available, a lot more would be hooked if the first restricted spot was Krok.

And I also think that it should be possible to buy zones even though you also have a membership. That way, if something happened to your cash flow, and you had to drop your membership, at least you could still play as long as you had also bought zones when you had money to do so.
Agreed! All of Wizard City should be freely available.