Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should not be able to pierce self

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
quite some time ago, changes had to be made so that certain spells (like dark pact) couldn't critical on the caster.

Now the same problem exists with pierce. Spells that do damage, but have to be cast on the caster, shouldn't be able to do pierce.

Immolate is an example of one - you take damage to do damage. Death's sacrifice - take damage to heal - and dark pact - take damage to set a blade - are others.

The caster can prevent most of the damage by casting a shield and having resist to the spell - but with pierce shields and resist vanish - and the damage is quite a bit.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on May 25, 2016 wrote:
quite some time ago, changes had to be made so that certain spells (like dark pact) couldn't critical on the caster.

Now the same problem exists with pierce. Spells that do damage, but have to be cast on the caster, shouldn't be able to do pierce.

Immolate is an example of one - you take damage to do damage. Death's sacrifice - take damage to heal - and dark pact - take damage to set a blade - are others.

The caster can prevent most of the damage by casting a shield and having resist to the spell - but with pierce shields and resist vanish - and the damage is quite a bit.
Remove pierce and resist and gear damage from these spells and they will be great, weakening juju spammers and allowing normal death players to cast these spells without much of a consequence.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
Adam Wintersinger on May 25, 2016 wrote:
Remove pierce and resist and gear damage from these spells and they will be great, weakening juju spammers and allowing normal death players to cast these spells without much of a consequence.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
Adam, what are you talking about? Did you even read the post? The post is specifically about not piercing the caster with its own spell. Not removing pirce or resist or gear damage from any other target of the spell.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Geoffery23 on May 26, 2016 wrote:
Adam, what are you talking about? Did you even read the post? The post is specifically about not piercing the caster with its own spell. Not removing pirce or resist or gear damage from any other target of the spell.
I know, I was suggesting more to the idea than just no pierce and it makes the spells more usable.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on May 28, 2016 wrote:
I know, I was suggesting more to the idea than just no pierce and it makes the spells more usable.
Perhaps you should post that in the ideas forum?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on May 25, 2016 wrote:

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
I think you miss the point on a lot of the posts here;
Most are not talking about PVP unless they specify that.
The majority are asking about PVE unless otherwise noted. Maybe that is why people are confused by your answers.