Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bullies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
I do low level pvp, sometimes I match up with someone that has tremendous amount of health that I can't match(sometimes it's not fair). So I use a bunch of absorbs and shields to at least stay alive, nothing wrong with that. But I'm getting constantly bullied by people who are simply watching, it's rude, disrespectful and mean. I don't fight back or even say anything that's disrespectful back to the bully but I know other people must be suffering from this kind of harassment. Can an admin or someone who monitors the chat look closer into this issue? Being called "ugly","trash", and "pathetic" constantly is unacceptable. Also I do report the bullies.But I feel like the reporting system doesn't do much. Thanks for reading, much appreciated.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I don't like to PVP for that reason. (And that I'm no good. I know I'm no good, you don't have to tell me haha). That being said, you can ignore people. I've had to do that with a few people over the years, but I don't think that there is a limit to how many you can ignore. Just don't put up with it and click that option. Hopefully PVP people and MMO players in general will behave and I do feel that a large number really do; it's just the vocal bad ones that cause problems sometimes.

Don't take it to heart and enjoy your time in the spiral with friends instead of bothers!

Good luck!
exp613

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
In this current time in 2016, we all know about online bullies. Sadly, they will always be there, but you can simply put them on ignore or close chat bubbles. You're just playing the game, and shouldn't listen to them.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I recommend just turning chat bubbles of and keep your menu closed that's what i do when i even go into the lobby

Survivor
Jun 24, 2015
Don't waste your time on reporting them.

I suggest hide your chat bubbles, or block the PvP enemy chat (or both) so you don't see what they're saying unless you have the chat bar opened.

There's no other solution that I know of. Like in real life, people are free to tell opinions except in Wizard101 cursing is intolerable.

That's all I can come up with. I know some people are very rude in PvP, but there's no point in listening, so just hide your chat bubbles and close the chat bar as you play.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Same here. usually in pvp you will find people who think they are better and more skilled when they really arent. it just makes them feel better. i have experienced the same things and told admin about it so people can stop doing it..

Erica

Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
Erica GoldSteed on May 25, 2016 wrote:
Same here. usually in pvp you will find people who think they are better and more skilled when they really arent. it just makes them feel better. i have experienced the same things and told admin about it so people can stop doing it..

Erica
I know, but being harassed by a spectating players is unacceptable. Wish there is an option to request no spectators.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
ErinWindRunner on May 25, 2016 wrote:
I know, but being harassed by a spectating players is unacceptable. Wish there is an option to request no spectators.
I agree, sometimes the amount of people that attend a match and spew hateful statements can be overwhelming, and why should we have to shut down our communications so that we can participate in a PVP match without being called names like "Trash" and others of a higher degree that involve profanity... Also, their friends glitch the system some how or they do with other Wizard and come down into the arena battle area, this is a Bully tactic as well and a deliberate attempt to distract their opponent. It becomes overwhelming, if you ask them to stop it, that they are in the way of your card selection, then you are subject to verbal abuse by the person accessing your battle arena by glitch...

I think an option to have a private no audience match would take care of the problem...

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
I know that feeling. Before I was a Warlord, I got harassed for my strategic thinking of absorbs. Try not to fight back, and laugh at it. Not at the person taunting you, but laugh at the insult, and make a joke like:

P1: "You're a (X) spammer you (X)

At this, your best and good sportsmanship response would be like,"Thanks!" or,"I try."

I wouldn't recommend wishing that they trip and break their neck, or they delete their account. Why? Because holding onto your past is never a good future. I think high-ranked PvP players are more common to insult you is because Captain+ usually get matched with (if not other HRs) privates with a like -300 rate and they are like level 41. They usually insult you all privates out there because they think the "burned you" or "roasted" in the PvP match.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
ErinWindRunner on May 25, 2016 wrote:
Is there a reason you don't use the ignore feature?

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I have the self-esteem of roughly half of a potato, so all of it bounces off of me because I've told myself that before.

But if it bothers you, just ignore them or take a break! There are other things you can do besides PvP if people are less than polite to you regularly. Take a breather for a day or two and try not to let them hurt you too much. Talk to people who make you feel better and enjoy yourself without them!

In my humble opinion, brushing them off is as simple as a "I know." with a smile. Smiles are the best way to make your anger subtle and layered underneath miles of good sportsmanship that they'll never have.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2014
Well I'm going to be completely honest and let you know about the ways you can ignore them.

This one is not the best for some people and not even me, but here it is. You can just ignore them, report them and block them. Sometimes I don't like this one because it doesn't help me much. ( and it doesn't make me feel better)

I don't suggest being rude back, that could get you banned. If the bullies are in a group, and your just one person, your not going to win the fight.

Now here's my way, and I think it's the most effective. Just go along with what they are saying and agree. There's two types of bullies, the ones that say what they think not to be rude, but just state their opinion and don't think about what they say, then there's the ones who just want to tear you apart. The ones who state their opinion are the fastest to become your friends. Let me give you an example, Of something that actually happened to me

So at this time I was level 34, and I was in a 1v1 with someone level 19, he didn't say anything throughout the whole match. There was just one person in the croud and he was supporting me ( I didn't even know him ) and he was letting me know the things I did wrong, In a really nice way. The match ended, I lost. The one in the croud told me not t worry, he was out of my leaugue. Now here's where I met the "bully". So my opponent started to talk. He said first, wow couldn't even kill me. I replied with "i guess not". he kept going on, and on, and I just agreed. Later we went to the boy in the crouds house, and started to 1v1. Once they knew me, they ended up calling me "cute". That's why its my most effective way
Thanks for reading.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
people just don't get school advantages so they don't know how hard it is for you to take them down, instead they're arrogant and calls you out for the way you play I really hate that when its just a game and they can't understand that, that is rude.