Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing Gear? [Ice]

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
Hello,

I've been having a little trouble ever since I started Khrysalis. My gear set now is not really supporting my [normally] solo play through with the bosses and such. Soloing these bosses isn't easily at all [for me anyway], but I still manage it... not much anymore however. I recently just reached "The Hive" part of the world, and; to my not-so-surprised reaction. - I was pounded down by the White Furs in the cell, and I didn't even have that much trouble with them in the desert part.

I'm trying to get a hold of the Avalon crafted gear, but that will allow me to loose allot of damage. Malistaire's armor is nearly impossible to get, [for me anyway.]

Is there any gear around that's easy to get, but helpful in the least?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The Hive dungeons are tough since most of them are 4 against 1. So, don't be discouraged if your Ice is having a bit of a difficult time.

Gear for Ice is a matter of piecing together what you can. I try to keep my Ice with high resist and high block, but I do have gear to switch out with if I need more critical.

What I have:

Hat: Trader's Wintery Mantle L96 (crafted)

Robe: Woodland Tribal Coat L74 (crafted) - has the best overall resistance IMO

Boots: (There are several options that I have and have used)
Frost Shine Slippers L80 (crown shop)
Thaumaturge's Chill Waders L85 (crown shop)
Frosted Mantis Footgear L96 (crafted)
Winter Solstice Snowboots L100+ (winterland pack - xmas only)
Winter Palace Calvary Boots L100 (xmas pack)

Athame: Shadow Spider's Sting L99 (Morganthe - you're not there yet. Good one to farm for, though)
Frozen Mandibles of Sardonyx L96 (crafted)
Hopper's Claw of Verglas L98 (crafted)

Necklace: Horizon of the Underworld Charm L82 (I think you can get this in the Bazaar, or else it's a drop)
Knight's of the Wyrd Pendant L76 (drop)

Ring: Alpha & Omega Ring L90 (drop - Aquilla)
Celestial Codex Ring L86 (drop)

Wand: Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze L100 (Terror pack)

A lot of my stuff is crafted - but some of my better stuff are drops or from packs. It's just a matter of piecing everything together to see what works best.

I also have some excellent Ice pets that have boosted my stats (resist, accuracy, damage), which help as well.

I hope the suggestions I provided help you out! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brynn
L110

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 24, 2016 wrote:
The Hive dungeons are tough since most of them are 4 against 1. So, don't be discouraged if your Ice is having a bit of a difficult time.

Gear for Ice is a matter of piecing together what you can. I try to keep my Ice with high resist and high block, but I do have gear to switch out with if I need more critical.

What I have:

Hat: Trader's Wintery Mantle L96 (crafted)

Robe: Woodland Tribal Coat L74 (crafted) - has the best overall resistance IMO

Boots: (There are several options that I have and have used)
Frost Shine Slippers L80 (crown shop)
Thaumaturge's Chill Waders L85 (crown shop)
Frosted Mantis Footgear L96 (crafted)
Winter Solstice Snowboots L100+ (winterland pack - xmas only)
Winter Palace Calvary Boots L100 (xmas pack)

Athame: Shadow Spider's Sting L99 (Morganthe - you're not there yet. Good one to farm for, though)
Frozen Mandibles of Sardonyx L96 (crafted)
Hopper's Claw of Verglas L98 (crafted)

Necklace: Horizon of the Underworld Charm L82 (I think you can get this in the Bazaar, or else it's a drop)
Knight's of the Wyrd Pendant L76 (drop)

Ring: Alpha & Omega Ring L90 (drop - Aquilla)
Celestial Codex Ring L86 (drop)

Wand: Fortune Teller's Eternal Gaze L100 (Terror pack)

A lot of my stuff is crafted - but some of my better stuff are drops or from packs. It's just a matter of piecing everything together to see what works best.

I also have some excellent Ice pets that have boosted my stats (resist, accuracy, damage), which help as well.

I hope the suggestions I provided help you out! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brynn
L110
This is extremely helpful. I will be surely referring to this for a while, thank you so much!