Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trying to earn certain talents by leveling a stat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2016
I'm fairly new to the pet hatching scene, but am interested in making a pet that can help my Death wizard hit harder.

So I have a death leprechaun from the crowns store which has helped me immensely through the early game thanks to the card it gives, and it has an ok-ish pedigree. Problem is all of its rare talents are simply boosts to its stats or my HP/MP, while its uncommon talents are Death-Giver, Death-Shot, and Death-Proof. If I wanted to gain Death-Giver first, would leveling Strength and Will increase the chances of getting it? Or are the talents it'll learn already determined?

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
From the reading I've done, the pet's abilities are predetermined but I cannot provide proof of this.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Zingagua is correct... nothing you do will change the talents your pet will manifest. They are pre-determined at hatch and no amount of feeding, training etc. can alter the outcome.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Pet talents are predetermined at purchase or if it's been hatched with another pet. Raising stats won't help the pet get another talent, unfortunately.

Your best bet is to hatch your adult pet with another adult (or higher) pet that has the damage you seek for your Death. You won't know what talents you will be getting until you train your pet to Mega.

If you hatch your pet and you don't get the damage talent by adult, hatch again, and keep hatching and training until you get the damage by adult or ancient.