Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for Help Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
First of all hello to everyone here in the forum",
I just need to address this issue and I think for me it is regarding Storm and the rest of schools in Wizard City.
As you know we had a previous last updated new World which I very disappointed and rest of the wizards totally failure everybody was so excited high expectation to get new set of gears....etc. but it's another failure it seems like nothing new after all.
My biggest issue is the Storm school is now the most loser of all the schools out there with it comes to Player vs Player we need more health and resistance plus new spells in order for the storm to compete again in the arena.
Now here's the Problem with the storm:
1) Lack of health
2) Lack of Resistance
3) Lack of spells to use in the Arena, the reasons i said this because Storm lost 2 spells already to begin with before even face the battle.
This are to 2 spells
1) Insane very unpredictable nothing but random
2) Wild bolts same scenario nothing but random
Storm need help at least 2 more new spells to replace this 2 spells not useful at all, I would say useless in PVP
Storm need a spells like over time damage and Efreet for a change.
This is the issues I'm talking bout Storm need help badly.
Until then I would not spend any money until this issue will resolve and again Storm need help badly Please reconsider this request give us what we need fair and square.
Right now Fire, Balance and Ice are the Biggest Updated spells and these 3 Schools are the Ruler in the Arena.
they're Health are and higher better spells instant Fire spells like brimstone, Burn Zilla and ffa, Balance has a Lure Master and gaze plus the Original spells mana burn ...etc

Survivor
Nov 30, 2014
the muting system is so long when its people first time messing up they should get a warning mute for a few months and weeks i got a warning mute all the way till 2025

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I honestly think "Please don't join" and "We have a full party" would be very helpful. It has been too many times that my friends and I have a team or want a certain tier, and some mute person comes along and won't stop joining, though I am unsure at times of whether they just refuse to not come or they just don't understand.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
how do I use socket wrenches?
how do I get socket wrenches?
how do I use pets?
how do I get pets?
how do I get treasure cards?
how do I use treasure cards?

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
grahambhg on May 17, 2016 wrote:
(a problem on one of my sub accounts!)

I can't sell because I'm at max cash. I can't buy because my backpack is full. I can't stuff anything else into my bank or shared bank. My TC's are almost maxed, I'm pretty sure I can't buy any more reagents, I've bred more pets than I can handle. Trashing items (or feeding them to a pet) takes forever. What do I do now?
You can put pets in your houses. Hope this helps.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2015
How about a page explaining what all of the symbols on cards mean cause I know there are times when I don't even know what they mean but I add them to my deck anyway and hope for the best.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2017
Trimond297 on May 11, 2016 wrote:
Ok. How's this?

1. "How do I use a Skeleton Key?"
2. "How do I get a Skeleton Key?"
3. "How do I use Enchantment Spells?"
4. "How do I use a Vault?"
5. "How do I use a Second Chance Chest?"
6. "How do I go to other worlds in the Spiral?"

That's what I could think about now. I'll think of more.
nice xd
hehe lol

Survivor
Apr 14, 2017
CallMeNorm on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
How about a page explaining what all of the symbols on cards mean cause I know there are times when I don't even know what they mean but I add them to my deck anyway and hope for the best.
lol

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
after trying to defeat the final boss of empyrea with a menu chatter, who kept triggering cheats because there was no way for the rest of us to explain to him what he was doing wrong, i see a hole in menu chat that needs to be addressed.

-we can't tell him 'pass' because, even if he does, any spell in his hand will still be used against us;

-we can't tell him 'don't use that spell' because we can't see what spell he's using (or if he's even using one) while confused);

-none of the other options appropriately reflect the types of cheats used in this dungeon, leaving us no way to communicate with each other~ an essential part of forming a strategy.

i've always said that crazy cheats should be kept out of the main quest line. but, if you're going to leave them in, we need a way to communicate those cheats to our teammates

menu chat was a good, albeit poorly executed, idea; it was fine during the first and second arcs. but, with all of these insane cheats in play, there's no way to possibly include all of them in menu chat.

just for fun, i'll make an account that only has access to menu chat and take a character to max level, pretend that i'm a brand-new player doing everything for the first time and document the entire thing, just to show how flawed the system is.

-von

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
I have some!!!
Where do you get the quest for the -insert spell name- card?
What level do you get the -insert spell name- card?
Where is -insert area name-???
Where do I post bugs/ideas/current game things??

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Fable Finder on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
Also, I think Menu Chat players should be able to see Text Chat. Not Open Chat, but Text Chat. Therefore, if they ask a question, it is easy for a Text Chatter to answer. Similarly, Text Chat players should be able to see Open Chat.
OMG Why haven't they done this?? Excellent Suggestion!!!!!

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
please don't use the feint on this or that person. also please make it easier to use. I don't have many friends who don't have text chat so when I do find that person I can't talk to them. It is hard for me to go through all the lists and try to find what you need to tell them and then you can't find what you need to tell them anyway.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
i think, you should let menu people see other text chatters,

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
could you please put in a chat bubble to tell them to push the team up button? If I we don't have enough people I push the team up button, but they don't know what I'm doing. I may have other people that have come to help but we have all pushed the team up button but the other player hasn't. They don't know what were doing. Please just a bubble for pushing team up thanks.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
this might be crazy but maybe have an extra guide book for people who don't have text chat. This chat guide book would help answer the questions these people have with some of the suggestions the other players have been giving you.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I think they should be able to see text chat chatter also during battles. They can see what were talking about the cheats, the strategies were using. Some people have told me before to not use that spell before I use it, because it brings on a cheat. The cheat was the boss would use ra on all of us.. non text chatters can't see this and may use the exact same kind of spell I was going to use and then we get the cheat anyway. I think it also would help because I ask questions during the battle like ( can we trap him?) and the answer would be no. The person who doesn't have text will not see this question and go a head and trap during the battle.
I think this whole menu chat system needs to be redone and updated and made easier to use.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Fable Finder on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
Also, I think Menu Chat players should be able to see Text Chat. Not Open Chat, but Text Chat. Therefore, if they ask a question, it is easy for a Text Chatter to answer. Similarly, Text Chat players should be able to see Open Chat.
I hope this IS NOT changed. My nephew loves the game but he's autistic, so sometimes he's not as efficient or quick to play or help. More than once I have been very glad we couldn't see what the dots were saying.

But as Help Chat is expanded Chat phrases could be added for us like:
Please check the Help Chat topic...
And theres a list for us to choose from and a direct with a picture of the icon to hit in case they don't know.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I was with a new player the other day and he died. I wanted to tell him to flee and get health and mana then come back but he didn't understand. I said in my chat I was going to flee to get mana and health and he said ok. I stayed there and then said hurry. I kept saying hurry over and over again. I thought he would get the message. He then said he was going to flee and get mana but he never left. I could kill the boss at anytime. I waited and waited. I finally killed the boss, but the dungeon didn't count for him because he was dead. There has to be an easier way for this chat system.
I'm not sure why this chat system is in place anyway. I don't have open chat and I can't see what other players are saying. All the bad words are blocked, words that I thought were totally fine I had to rewrite a different way.
The players would understand what we were saying in a fight, like kill him first then kill the other guy. Also does everyone know the rules, this guy will stun you if you blade, no healing or will cause a cheat. They need to know these things in a fight. They need to here us talking strategy in the game.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
alia550 on Mar 20, 2018 wrote:
I was with a new player the other day and he died. I wanted to tell him to flee and get health and mana then come back but he didn't understand. I said in my chat I was going to flee to get mana and health and he said ok. I stayed there and then said hurry. I kept saying hurry over and over again. I thought he would get the message. He then said he was going to flee and get mana but he never left. I could kill the boss at anytime. I waited and waited. I finally killed the boss, but the dungeon didn't count for him because he was dead. There has to be an easier way for this chat system.
I'm not sure why this chat system is in place anyway. I don't have open chat and I can't see what other players are saying. All the bad words are blocked, words that I thought were totally fine I had to rewrite a different way.
The players would understand what we were saying in a fight, like kill him first then kill the other guy. Also does everyone know the rules, this guy will stun you if you blade, no healing or will cause a cheat. They need to know these things in a fight. They need to here us talking strategy in the game.
"There has to be an easier way for this chat system.
I'm not sure why this chat system is in place anyway. I don't have open chat and I can't see what other players are saying. All the bad words are blocked, words that I thought were totally fine I had to rewrite a different way. "

I have the same issue and similar opinion on the issue.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
How about:

"How can I increase my damage/health/resist?"
"Where can I get gold/crowns?"
"When does the member benefit end?" (KI should make the weekdays available for menu chat, i.e Monday, Tuesday,...)
"What level do I receive [specific spell]?" (KI should make level [insert number here] feature, i.e. level 1, level 2,...)
"What spell is that?"
"How do I use emojis?"

Survivor
May 01, 2010
"I don't have (type) spells in my hand"
"I don't have (type) spells in my deck"
Types would include blades, traps, wand spells, attacks, heals, aoe, dot, etc.
Also, "I don't know (this boss's) cheats" is good as well for higher levels.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
  • How do the cheats work?
  • How many bosses are there?
  • What should I do?
  • Who do I blade?
  • Who do I shield?
  • What level do I get that spell?
  • Where do I find that reagent?
  • Where do I get that quest?
  • Would you like to hatch with me?
  • Can you offer your pet for Hatchmaking?
  • Is your pet in the Hatchmaking Kiosk?
  • Where do I get good jewels?
  • Can you help me?
  • I like your outfit
  • I think you're funny
  • Stop harassing me
  • Stop following me
  • Please don't do that
  • Please stop it
  • Please don't go
  • Please help me
  • I'm not in the mood
  • I'm not interested
  • I'm not your lackey
  • I'm not your servant
  • I'm not here for you

Survivor
Dec 29, 2016
Someone please I need one more day for the pet xp
I almost fully leveled my avenging fossil
Please

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
grahambhg on May 17, 2016 wrote:
(a problem on one of my sub accounts!)

I can't sell because I'm at max cash. I can't buy because my backpack is full. I can't stuff anything else into my bank or shared bank. My TC's are almost maxed, I'm pretty sure I can't buy any more reagents, I've bred more pets than I can handle. Trashing items (or feeding them to a pet) takes forever. What do I do now?
Build, or buy another home. If you have three, buy a potion to allow a fourth. Stock it with the most expensive items you can locate, (resell value items) This will reduce your cash, and you can sell some pets/items. Gift things to your friends, or, as I do, just someone random who's willing to friend you for long enough to get the gift. You can even, once you've created a little cash space, retire a character, and create another, who will eat up all your cash and items, from the shared bank. If you need more ideas, just ask around. There are always plenty of players anxious to help you spend money.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Consider:

• What school is this boss/opponent weak to?
  • I think you should pass this round.
  • Please don't use that spell.
  • This boss cheats.
  • That spell will cause the boss to cheat.
  • Where can I find 'X' Reagent?
  • I will be back in 'X' Minutes.
  • I will catch up.
  • Can you show me how to [Insert activity here]

I also see a few players advocating for Menu Chatters to see Text Chat. It's not a bad idea, but I believe that there should be an option to toggle this on/off.