Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best type of wizard to play?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
So I just got to Zafaria on my storm wizard, and the thought came across me, what will my next wizard be? Of course my first thoughts was something the exact opposite of storm, life, but I just couldn't figure it out. So from your experiences as the different types of wizards, I want to know what type of wizard you think I should use moving forward. Thanks!

Justin GoldenStone, lv68

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
JoshStormWiz on May 1, 2016 wrote:
So I just got to Zafaria on my storm wizard, and the thought came across me, what will my next wizard be? Of course my first thoughts was something the exact opposite of storm, life, but I just couldn't figure it out. So from your experiences as the different types of wizards, I want to know what type of wizard you think I should use moving forward. Thanks!

Justin GoldenStone, lv68
Ice, it's a lot of fun to tank all those hits and super easy to solo as an ice. As well, they perform extremely well in basically any lvl range in pvp. The attacks are also not as weak as people often claim them to be, my ice can kill a boss as easily as my fire or life can, just requiring more blades.

Lvl 110
Lvl 89
Lvl 27

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
Agreed, I just recently made an Ice a month ago and it is now level 105 and just love the Tank.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Ice! Me and my friend are duoing death and ice and it's so much fun! I just tank everything and she kills everything with deer knight (not level 48 yet, so no scarecrow). Ice is also good with soloing, and is God-tier in PVP. If you have the right armor you can cmpletely resist some schools.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Actually I should have mentioned this, my brother is gonna quest with me as well through the game. So if you also have any double school recommendations, that work together it would be realty appreciated.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
JoshStormWiz on May 4, 2016 wrote:
Actually I should have mentioned this, my brother is gonna quest with me as well through the game. So if you also have any double school recommendations, that work together it would be realty appreciated.
Ice and Fire. Ice can tank and blade while the fire can blade and kill. Also, fire is considered the 3rd best pvp school only bested by Balance and Ice.