Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rasputin has changed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I haven't read any updates and can't find anyone addressing this topic. But has anyone else noticed that spamming fire dispels no longer work to stop minions from arriving? I would like to know if there is anyone who has come up with a new strategy since this change.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I would like to know also. There is nothing posted about it.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
everything was changed with the Rat and Baba Yaga.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Tara Death on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
I haven't read any updates and can't find anyone addressing this topic. But has anyone else noticed that spamming fire dispels no longer work to stop minions from arriving? I would like to know if there is anyone who has come up with a new strategy since this change.
Someone with 21+ pierce kills the minions with a 4 pip aoe when they are summoned

Lvl 110
Lvl 89
Lvl 27

Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
Sorry Adam you sound like you have some valuable input there about how to beat the "new" Rasputin who can't seem to be beat since the quench spell was rendered useless but what is" pierce 21+" and "aoe" mean . i'm not very good with abreviations . I'm sure i'm not the only one .

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Kikaha Balanceboot... on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Sorry Adam you sound like you have some valuable input there about how to beat the "new" Rasputin who can't seem to be beat since the quench spell was rendered useless but what is" pierce 21+" and "aoe" mean . i'm not very good with abreviations . I'm sure i'm not the only one .
Your questions are quite easily found via google by typing in the term followed by "wizard101." Try that next time, you'll strengthen your internet search skills.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/aoe-and-dot-29891

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/player-vs-player/question-whats-pierce-47275

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi Kikaha,

To answer your question,
"Pierce 21+" probably means having a Pierce stat that is greater than 21%. This is possible to achieve with specialized gear and specially trained pets, but the average wizard doesn't have that much pierce. They will have to depend on blades & enchantments to power up the spell instead. A "4 pip AOE" means an "Attack on Everyone" spell that takes four pips, such as Meteor Strike or Humongofrog.

As I understand it, the pierce is needed to penetrate the minions' natural defenses and the 4 pip AOE spell is needed because they respawn quite frequently. The strategy Adam is talking about works very well if you have a team of 3 or 4 wizards, not so much for solo artists and teams of 2.

Since I tend to quest solo, I haven't gotten past Rasputin yet. I've been waiting for my friend to catch up and she's almost there. Once she gets the quest we'll give Rasputin a try. Recently we defeated Baba Yaga with just us two wizards (Balance & Fire). The "dispel the minions" strategy no longer works with her, either, so we had to get inventive. It was us two wizards against Baba and all her minions, but we prevailed and we're pretty proud of that.

Alia Misthaven

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Kikaha Balanceboot... on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Someone with 21% or higher pierce hits with an Area of Effect spell, ie an attack all like meteor, tempest, blizzard... This isn't really a new strategy. A little pierce gear plus Infallible aura will do it if you don't have gear to get over 20%.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
Thank you Freshta and seeth42 . I appreciate people who can be helpful without talking down at me .