Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Least favorite world

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Lol I disliked a lot of worlds in Wizard101, but here are my top three:

1. Marleybone (because I am a storm,and I hate the feel in general)
2. Dragonspyre (it was just a dark and depressing place)
3. Grizzleheim (I just didn't like the whole bears, ravens, and wolfs theme)

I have only made it to Zafaria so far, and I am probably gonna hate some other worlds that follow, but this is my list for now.

Justin GoldenStone, lv68

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
I'm gonna go with Krokatopia on this one. It took me forever to do.

Victoria Fairyheart

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I LOVED Khrysalis and Dragonspyre, and as well as Avalon.

I absolutely HATE Mooshu, Celestia, and Grizzleheim.

Mooshu was just long and boring and ugh, I just hate it. Celestia was SO boring especially the Floating Land, and the story was just, eh. Grizzleheim I hate because it's boring, story is terrible, and I hate how all these spell quests require Grizzle and Wintertusk to be finished. Anyways, yeah.

- Alexander StormCloud, Level 110

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
I got two I just hate : Mooshu and Marleybone.

I was so happy when I finished those two awful worlds.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Alexan580 on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Definitely Dragonspyre. It's a bit of a depressing world.
Yes.

Dragonspyre.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Reasons why the worlds suck

Wizard City: EZ
Krokotopia: Long storyline
Marleybone: You can rarely see anyone
Mooshu: So easy to get into battles. Storyline is as long as heck
Grizzleheim: So many side quests and little exp
Dragonspyre: Crazy amounts of debuffs and depressing
Wysteria: Storyline is really short
Celestia: Easy to run into enemies and an insane amount of side quests
Zafaria: Boring and brain numbing. Easy to Run into enemies and Boring
Avalon: Did the bosses just get 3x stronger then Zafaria?
Azteca and above: not there yet I've played wiz101 for a long time but didn't play in a very huge amount of time

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Who could hate Grizzleheim? I loved Grizzleheim.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Fable Finder on Jun 5, 2016 wrote:
Who could hate Grizzleheim? I loved Grizzleheim.
Grizzleheim was my least favorite out of all the worlds. For some reason I find it really saddening (if thats even a word lol) and its super boring and difficult.

Krokotopia was also a world that I truly despised.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
I would say Dragonspyre. I don't like anything with so much red (the world simply hurts my eyes), but I like the storyline. Mooshu was kinda boring for me.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Storm Flower on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:
I would say Dragonspyre. I don't like anything with so much red (the world simply hurts my eyes), but I like the storyline. Mooshu was kinda boring for me.
I agree with the Dragonspyre part, but I loved MooShu and its story.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
Definitely Celestia. I mean its pretty and all but its actually kinda a huge jump from dragonspyre. its mostly storm enemies and the new astral spell enemies are even harder.

Survivor
May 31, 2011
What I hate was Wysteria. The story line was good but the people I had to fight were all Fire and could heal. Luckly I don't have to complete it.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Zafaria. I just hated it. It was long, the quests were just soo much and just hated the whole story of the world. Kill 10 of these! then 10 of these! oh and don't forget 10 of the same things you just killed! Also I just thought the world was so plain. It was literally just stick some stuff here and there and call it a world. It has to be the most cheapest rushed world I have ever seen with barley any effort put into it. The spell were cheap, the only good spells out of the world was knome and mammoth, the rest were just wow. It's the one world I hate most of all in the whole game. All because it's so boring, slow and the theme could have been a hundred times better if it had more time to develop. The only highlight I ever had in that world...Only highlight...is staring into the savannah Sun...wondering if I'll ever give myself enough motivation to make it out of here....

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
Zafaria. It was absolutely horrible. "Defeat and Collect 9" or "Defeat 10" or some other random number of something that you have to do, which is way too large. It was awful. Not to mention fighting blackback soldiers was my least favorite part. Had to defeat 10 of them, and they had like 3,200 health. For Zafaria, that is a LOT.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I would have to say Avalon. I liked the style (at first) and the theme, but I spent way too long on it and the scene got old after a while. I think it took me an entire school year and a few weeks of summer vacation to complete it, but the relief I felt when I finished it was a joy to feel.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Marleybone. That world makes no sense at all. One minute you're on the ground, the next you're running on rooftops that are all perfectly connected in a path. And how do we get on the rooftops? By running up a giant flights of stairs or planks. Marleybone is one of the biggest reasons I don't have a lot of max wizards. I just don't want to go back there anymore.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I would definitely have to say MooShu. I did not like the ancient generic East Asia feel at all.

On the other hand, my favorite world would have to be Celestia or Dragonspyre. I loved the challenge that DS brought upon those who came into the world, and I also liked the cryptic, ominous setting of it.

As for Celestia, I just love the setting and increased challenge for those heading into it. No longer could you dish out random spells; you had to finally come up with your own strategy if you don't want to get killed by mobs or bosses alike.

Melissa Smith - Grandmaster Sorcerer Lvl 51

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Why does it just make me so mad when I hear other people hating other worlds.

Worlds like Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia and Grizzleheim.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
BalanceMythHarmony on Jun 14, 2016 wrote:
I would definitely have to say MooShu. I did not like the ancient generic East Asia feel at all.

On the other hand, my favorite world would have to be Celestia or Dragonspyre. I loved the challenge that DS brought upon those who came into the world, and I also liked the cryptic, ominous setting of it.

As for Celestia, I just love the setting and increased challenge for those heading into it. No longer could you dish out random spells; you had to finally come up with your own strategy if you don't want to get killed by mobs or bosses alike.

Melissa Smith - Grandmaster Sorcerer Lvl 51
YES! thank you!!! All of these posts are all about how people hated dragonspyre, and Im just sitting here wondering why people think its so bad! It was a pretty challenging world, but not too challenging. Most dungeons I would find pretty easy to solo by myself, but even if I couldnt do it myself, I had a good level 87 friend that would come to me the second I asked him for help. I finished that world in litterally almost under a week, nd it just made me feel happy.

Heather StarSong lvl 68

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I would have to say Zafaria. The collect quests were INSANE ( anyone remember the collect 12?!!! ) I didn't really like the "Collect The Students"... When I started Zafaria I was really excited about the idea of the world. After a while it just got boring though...

Survivor
Jan 24, 2015
All the worlds are good in some way, but bad in another... although, apart from the collecting quests and solo dungeons, Dragonspyre did seem long. After I finished the Crystal Grove, I thought I was going to fight Malistaire, but instead I was learning about how to fly a dragon!(Which took hours by the way) (Pretty sure that is what happened after the crystal grove, I partly forgot). I don't mind all the quests, it's fun to learn the story! But.... it's boring, definitely if you are soloing like I was for 75% of ds, it gets very tedious. Apart from the ds struggles, I especially did not like Krokotopia. It is probably just me though, as not a fan of the dry desert area... Anyways apart from ds being long, it's definitely one of the most fun to complete, especially riding the dragon and fighting Malistaire. If it was shorter, just maybe sum it up instead of traveling and traveling and traveling, ds would be my favorite world. This is just currently, I've only gotten to Celestia so far. I don't want to say I am complaining though. All worlds are amazing, but have their flaws.

Brooke DragonHeart Level 62

P.S. I am a high level in Celestia because (learn from me) doing a lot of side quests and porting to high level friends for the dungeon xp... don't do that though because first of all you will level up and get stuck in low worlds, with a harder time to level up. You might say that is ok though because it will be easy to quest. Yes. But it's still harder to level up. Yes. Although you might say that wouldn't matter because of the high level I already am... ups and downs come with this.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
In order of discovery

Marleybone those pulls bro, you get pulled so easy, marleybone is why i use the tiniest mounts i can get my hands on

Dragonspyer the story is cool my favorite even and all but sweet merciful dragon titans are the enemies annoying also the dungeons are long and its hard to fish (have to do laps around the lava trying to get at an angle where you can actually catch something all the rocks dont help either.)

Azteca oh original unnerfed azteca and as a fire wizard it was pretty dang awful, the birds in the swamp were the worst i just want some agave leaves stop pulling me into battle you glorified feather dusters

And finally Khysalis part 1 (part 2 is cool in my books.) That first dungeon that you must painfully solo through just to get past the front steps is awful also you have to fight bugs (giant anthropermorphic nopes) some of which that have way to much detail in their design (the roches & millipedes). Just no, I noped my way through just about the whole world. Also that one guy with the mana burns was really annoying. Why couldn't we just pest bomb our way through the world?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2014
really all of them are fun if you know or follow the story line and also some might take longer but its better that way i think.