Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing backdraft spell

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Yes, I said it, life needs a backdraft spell. Life should have a spell, similar to backdraft, but for healing. There are enough HoT spells in the game that could benefit from this:

Life School: Sprite, Sprite Queen, Regenerate, Wings of Fate, King Artorius
Balance School: Helping Hands, Availing Hands
Fire School: Link, Power Link

Unless I missed some, that 9 spells, over 3 schools, that would make this spell beneficial. Also, it could be made so that you can do it for 1 HoT on a single target, all HoT on a single target, 1 HoT on all allies, and then every HoT on all allies. There's lots of room to go with this. Even if not the all HoT versions, the single HoT version for one target or all allies would be useful

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
So Backdraft exists for damage over time spells? Huh. I did not know that.

Imagine a Backdraft and Supercharge combo...scary.

Oh, oh, maybe a Supercharge healing spell?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
the backdraft spell adds 15% trap per pip to next fire spell.
what you are thinking of is the detonate spell for fire that destroy 1 dot and does all the damage

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
dayerider on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I said it, life needs a backdraft spell. Life should have a spell, similar to backdraft, but for healing. There are enough HoT spells in the game that could benefit from this:

Life School: Sprite, Sprite Queen, Regenerate, Wings of Fate, King Artorius
Balance School: Helping Hands, Availing Hands
Fire School: Link, Power Link

Unless I missed some, that 9 spells, over 3 schools, that would make this spell beneficial. Also, it could be made so that you can do it for 1 HoT on a single target, all HoT on a single target, 1 HoT on all allies, and then every HoT on all allies. There's lots of room to go with this. Even if not the all HoT versions, the single HoT version for one target or all allies would be useful
ok, I need to make a correction. I meant detonate, NOT backdraft.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
So Backdraft exists for damage over time spells? Huh. I did not know that.

Imagine a Backdraft and Supercharge combo...scary.

Oh, oh, maybe a Supercharge healing spell?
I meant to say detonate not backdraft. I sometimes confuse those spells

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
well i like the idea.. pure brilliant in several ways..but since its a detonate-type thing am assuming you use it on another team member? mind expounding upon this for me? i find this extremely interesting and see a couple of different ways to integrate this..
stormy jen silver

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This spell would cost more than it's worth. Even if it cost only 1 pip, Regenerate would give 192 per pip and take 2 rnds. A 6 pip Dryad costing the same gives 200 per pip instantly. Detonate is 4 pips, so I'd imagine this would cost more than 1 pip. It would really only be useful with 2 casters coordinating and even then a single heal solution works better.

HoT spells are strategic use, they can heal more than a single round. This becomes increasingly useful at higher levels where you are getting 2-3k per round while taking damage. The total healed can be more than the caster's total health, so it's better to get it over 3 rounds while taking damage rather than getting 6-7k all at once. If you are taking 1500 per round and healing 2000 per round you are slowly gaining. If you heal to max but take 1500 per round you have still lost 4500 after 3 rounds. With the HoT giving over time you have gained 1500 over those same 3 rounds.

I don't really see much use for it, but I'm sure it might be useful in certain specific situations.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
well i like the idea.. pure brilliant in several ways..but since its a detonate-type thing am assuming you use it on another team member? mind expounding upon this for me? i find this extremely interesting and see a couple of different ways to integrate this..
stormy jen silver
it would simply destroy a HoT on a target you choose, on your team, and heal it the full amount of the remaining rounds. The exact same way detonate works for damage over time for your enemy, this would work on your team for healing

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
This spell would cost more than it's worth. Even if it cost only 1 pip, Regenerate would give 192 per pip and take 2 rnds. A 6 pip Dryad costing the same gives 200 per pip instantly. Detonate is 4 pips, so I'd imagine this would cost more than 1 pip. It would really only be useful with 2 casters coordinating and even then a single heal solution works better.

HoT spells are strategic use, they can heal more than a single round. This becomes increasingly useful at higher levels where you are getting 2-3k per round while taking damage. The total healed can be more than the caster's total health, so it's better to get it over 3 rounds while taking damage rather than getting 6-7k all at once. If you are taking 1500 per round and healing 2000 per round you are slowly gaining. If you heal to max but take 1500 per round you have still lost 4500 after 3 rounds. With the HoT giving over time you have gained 1500 over those same 3 rounds.

I don't really see much use for it, but I'm sure it might be useful in certain specific situations.
yes, this is NOT a "fits every situation" type of spell. It would be GREAT for those people who have a few HoTs on them, and are close to dying. This would give them a quick bump, enough to possibly overcome the next round of damage and then some, while the other HoTs on them do their job. I agree, HoT serve a specific function, and so this would not be ideal for every situation, but it certainly has merit for those times when it could be used. I remember a time I died with 8 HoTs swirling around me, that if somebody cast it on me the round before, I MIGHT have survived (it was an unblocked critical hit of a rank 7+ spell)