Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Repeatedly Starting Over...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
So umm...I don't know what's wrong with me. However...something is.

I just deleted my level 68 Necromancer.

Level 68. It took me months to get to that point.

I don't even know why I did it.

This also isn't the first time I've done this.

Does anyone else have this...bad habit?

I mean...I...I just don't know what to do with myself at this point.

I wish I could have my characters "locked" and protected even from myself.

At any rate, I have two characters now. Jack Frost and Timothy Green.

Goodness help me...

Defender
May 23, 2009
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:

Goodness help me...
You are fine. There is nothing wrong with you. I'm planning to delete my Lvl 100 balance because for some reason I decided to skip grizzleheim and wintertusk. I'm now missing spells and decided it's too much of hassle to be questing in grizzleheim at level 100. To this day, I still could not figure out why I decided to skip those worlds at the time.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:

Goodness help me...
I once deleted a level 46 Life and level 60 storm. However those were back when Dragonspyre was the final world and then again when Celestia was the final world, so that was a while ago. I don't do it anymore now.

Joseph FireFlame Level 110 Prodigious
Joseph DarkThorn Level 45 Master
Joseph SkyBreaker Level 20 Adept

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Timothy and Jack are now scrapped.

Now I'm a Balance wizard named "Dustin Wind" because I was feeling punny.

Somebody stop me.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Dustin Wind is now gone too.

Well, not yet, I haven't actually logged in to delete him, but he's gone in my mind.

I'm looking at all the classes via the Wiki.

So far I'm thinking a Myth/Life hybrid would do me good...since I primarily solo...

The only problem is I'm also tempted by Storm...not a fan of how chance based Storm seems to be, but with spells like Supercharge and Tempest I can't help but lean towards it...

Fire's numerous damage over time spells would come in handy for all those guys that use shields over and over, and even if they use a Fire Shield it only blocks the initial attack.

Against Fire mobs I could use something like Helephant or Fire Bird with a prism, and if they use Ice Shields I can hit them with an Ice wand hit which won't trigger my blades and will break the shield...

I can't do Death again any time soon, not after I just deleted Morgrim...

I'm all over the place...

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
Timothy and Jack are now scrapped.

Now I'm a Balance wizard named "Dustin Wind" because I was feeling punny.

Somebody stop me.
It is obvious to me that you enjoy the process of creating a new wizard . Once a friend of mine asked if she should delete her myth wizard and start over. I told her I had two words for her: "Death Pixies." That stopped her.
So remind yourself of an annoying, hard-to-complete spell quest and that may stop you from going "Abracadabra" on your wizard.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TPG Miserie on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
You are fine. There is nothing wrong with you. I'm planning to delete my Lvl 100 balance because for some reason I decided to skip grizzleheim and wintertusk. I'm now missing spells and decided it's too much of hassle to be questing in grizzleheim at level 100. To this day, I still could not figure out why I decided to skip those worlds at the time.
Wow...we may have similar tendencies...

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
It is obvious to me that you enjoy the process of creating a new wizard . Once a friend of mine asked if she should delete her myth wizard and start over. I told her I had two words for her: "Death Pixies." That stopped her.
So remind yourself of an annoying, hard-to-complete spell quest and that may stop you from going "Abracadabra" on your wizard.
If I had a nickle for every time I've completed the Dark Pixies quest, I'd have enough for at least two months of membership.

It could be on some level you're right, but I think there's more to it than that...at best, it's one of many reasons I keep starting over.

I guess I like how easy it is in the beginning, and when that uphill battle starts becoming a real chore, I yearn for the time when I could level up more than once or twice a day...

I went with the Myth/Life hybrid after all.

I actually had intended to do this before, creating a Myth wizard inspired by Alexander the Great.

I have a good feeling about it so far, and with considerable will power (and remembering how hard it is to start over) I think I'll be able to dissuade myself from disappearing anymore of my characters.

Have you noticed how a lot of Life's spells are Mythological creatures? Satyrs, Ents, Centaurs and Fairies. Even Gnomes, although of course they went with the "Lawn" or "Garden" Gnome in this instance.

Then again, Dragons and Giants and Krakens are also Myths...a lot of the spells in this game are based on real life folklore and legends, and even ancient Egyptian gods.

Baba Yaga and Rusalka are more obscure, Rusalka especially.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
So far when doing my school quests I've encountered a Unicorn and a Centaur.

Maybe Myth and Life were meant to go together after all. Neat.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I have deleted chars, too (a max balance). I am at the max number of chars atm, and will probably delete one again to start a new one; it's fun to start new when your chars are all at the max level.
Since you can have up to 6, maybe wait to delete any while you work on a new one. Then when you are full, decide who will be the next Goner

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
When you said "Death Pixies" you weren't referring to the ones on Unicorn Way were you?

Three at once, in Krokotopia...it's not too difficult.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
When you said "Death Pixies" you weren't referring to the ones on Unicorn Way were you?

Three at once, in Krokotopia...it's not too difficult.
Those three, yes, and at the level you get the quest, they are a bit difficult.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Those three, yes, and at the level you get the quest, they are a bit difficult.
I did them at the level you get them at.

I had to retry a few times, in fairness, but it wasn't half as difficult as some of the battles in Celestia and Wintertusk...

For a new player though, yeah, the treadmill inclines a bit...