Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily Assignments - New Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Love the new Daily Assignments feature! But it is definitely missing a few things, and things need tweaking.

1. We've got to have some sort of indication on the screen telling you what you had to do. Sometimes I completely forget what I needed to do.

2. The Crowns and the Arena Tickets need to be higher. I think the crowns should be 25, 75, then 150. Look at it like this; That's 250 crowns total, and that can only get a few things within about 3 weeks. 2 minions, hoard packs, really all you can get in 3 weeks. Now Arena Tickets should be about the same, maybe a bit more. 75, 125, 200, within the span of 3 weeks. Not too shabby.

3. The gold amounts on the daily assignments should be DEPENDENT based on your level. You're level 110, only 500 gold? Heck no. You need maybe 5000, then 7500. All dependent on your level.

4. Fishing for a specific fish should be on the daily assignment. But not too rare ones, like the BEAR ACUDA I CANNOT CATCH IN GRIZZLEHEIM. Maybe Lifeacudas, firecudas, etc.

5. I don't know if this is implemented or not, as I have not reached the 5, 10, and 15 days, but the chests should be dependent based on your level. You don't want a sturdy hat at level 80!

Anymore ideas? Post them!

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
MalvinHawkRunner on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Love the new Daily Assignments feature! But it is definitely missing a few things, and things need tweaking.

1. We've got to have some sort of indication on the screen telling you what you had to do. Sometimes I completely forget what I needed to do.

2. The Crowns and the Arena Tickets need to be higher. I think the crowns should be 25, 75, then 150. Look at it like this; That's 250 crowns total, and that can only get a few things within about 3 weeks. 2 minions, hoard packs, really all you can get in 3 weeks. Now Arena Tickets should be about the same, maybe a bit more. 75, 125, 200, within the span of 3 weeks. Not too shabby.

3. The gold amounts on the daily assignments should be DEPENDENT based on your level. You're level 110, only 500 gold? Heck no. You need maybe 5000, then 7500. All dependent on your level.

4. Fishing for a specific fish should be on the daily assignment. But not too rare ones, like the BEAR ACUDA I CANNOT CATCH IN GRIZZLEHEIM. Maybe Lifeacudas, firecudas, etc.

5. I don't know if this is implemented or not, as I have not reached the 5, 10, and 15 days, but the chests should be dependent based on your level. You don't want a sturdy hat at level 80!

The amount of gold is based on your wizards level. Though I believe the amount of tickets or crowns could be higher, at least based on your level. Do it in tiers, where lowest tier gets 5/10/15 (tickets) and 10/15/25 (crowns), but next tear up will 'shift' the values some. Like second tier would be 10/15/25 (tickets) and 15/25/35 (crowns). Perhaps adjust the values some, so that both tickets and crowns simple go up by 5 each time. So tickets would be 5/10/15/20/25/etc, with the tier level being which value it starts at (tier 0 would start at 5, tier 2 at 10, etc). Tiers being based on on every 10 levels, with tier one being levels 1 to 9.

Tier 0 (levels under 10), 5/10/15 tickets and 10/15/20 crowns.
Tier 1 (levels 10-19), 10/15/20 tickets, 15/20/25 crowns.
Tier 2...etc...Tier 10
Tier 11 (levels 110+), 60/65/70 tickets, 65/70/75 crowns.

Keep in mind that one of K.I.'s sources of income is crowns. So obviously we want more, but they can't afford to give but so much without hurting their bottom line. Hurt their bottom line too much and it could cause K.I. to have to stop providing us with games such as Wizard101.

Not only that, but the daily assignments shouldn't be so much of a reward that everything else is no longer fun by comparison.

For the random item rewards, I would like it if it would let you pick a category to get a reward from (hat/robe/boots/outdoor item/furniture/decoration/etc) and then pick a random item from that. Level appropriate when applicable (so if it gives you a wand, either be for your tier level or be a rare no-level wand).

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Fangs McWolf on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
The amount of gold is based on your wizards level. Though I believe the amount of tickets or crowns could be higher, at least based on your level. Do it in tiers, where lowest tier gets 5/10/15 (tickets) and 10/15/25 (crowns), but next tear up will 'shift' the values some. Like second tier would be 10/15/25 (tickets) and 15/25/35 (crowns). Perhaps adjust the values some, so that both tickets and crowns simple go up by 5 each time. So tickets would be 5/10/15/20/25/etc, with the tier level being which value it starts at (tier 0 would start at 5, tier 2 at 10, etc). Tiers being based on on every 10 levels, with tier one being levels 1 to 9.

Tier 2...etc...Tier 10

Keep in mind that one of K.I.'s sources of income is crowns. So obviously we want more, but they can't afford to give but so much without hurting their bottom line. Hurt their bottom line too much and it could cause K.I. to have to stop providing us with games such as Wizard101.

Not only that, but the daily assignments shouldn't be so much of a reward that everything else is no longer fun by comparison.

For the random item rewards, I would like it if it would let you pick a category to get a reward from (hat/robe/boots/outdoor item/furniture/decoration/etc) and then pick a random item from that. Level appropriate when applicable (so if it gives you a wand, either be for your tier level or be a rare no-level wand).
I see the gold is based on your level now. But I still think it is rather low for my level 94 wizard to get 500 gold :P

I agree with everything else

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
True, also, make the quests areas you can access!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fangs McWolf on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:

Tier 2...etc...Tier 10

Crowns shouldn't be different based on level in my opinion. Things in the crown shop don't cost more based on level. Tickets are even more questionable as to whether to base on level. In the arena they are based on rank not level, aren't they? A low level warlord will get more tickets for losing than a high level private gets for beating him. I think keeping the rewards minimal is best. We get 100 free crowns a day already, the daily assignments are just a little bonus something to do when you don't really have anything to do but train pets, garden, fish or farm while waiting for the next world.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
MalvinHawkRunner on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:

For the Crowns, I don't think they should be raised. A lot of people have 6 wizards. Crowns get applied to the account, not the individual wizard. That would be 1,500 Crowns every 2 weeks, give or take. As much as I would love that, I think the Crowns rewards are fine the way they are.

I'd like to see the Arena Tickets raised a bit, but I think what you're suggesting is a bit too high though. However I don't have any numbers that I think would be right because I'm not sure what the rewards are like in PvP to know what would be too outrageous.

Gold, I think you're right, it should be a bit higher, but I'm almost always maxed out so I don't even care what the Gold rewards are.

The chests give out some pretty major prizes. I've gotten a permanent camel mount, a few 7-day mounts, a bunch of the castle games, and teleporters. Some of them have been "meh", but most of them have been pretty significant giveaways.

Truth is though, the Daily Assignments are relatively simple tasks, or at least all of the ones I've done have been. The average challenge isn't necessarily worthy of huge rewards.

Definitely would be beneficial to have something you can click on to figure out your assignment. I know a solution to that problem is to have a pen and paper at your desk and just right it down, but something in game would be cool.