Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting ideas

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
We have a wealth of transmutations, but I think we need to be more well rounded. One of the things I would love to see change, is Amber. The thing with Amber is that it USED to be the elite reagent, but now, it’s now sold by a vendor, dropped in 5 card packs, dropped from 14 seeds, and dropped by 24 monsters. The market for amber has dropped to a more common nature, so why not change the recipe (as well as let us sell it)? Does ANYBODY transmute these? Seriously, anybody at all? Please speak up if you do. I NEVER found it a worthwhile thing to do because of all the reagents needed, nor have I ever heard of anybody actually transmuting them. Braided vine is the same way (easier to get these days) except there’s no transmute recipe. So, here’s my thought:

30 vine = 1 braided vine
30 spring = 1 sonic spring
30 amber dust = 1 amber

I feel this would be a fair rate of transmute, while maintaining the “market price of the reagents”. Now, since the invent of socketing, we have more gem reagents, yet not a single transmute for them at all. So, how about:

15 Amethyst = 1 Flawless Amethyst
15 Citrine = 1 Flawless Citrine
15 Jade = 1 Flawless Jade
15 Onyx = 1 Flawless Onyx
15 Opal = 1 Flawless Opal
15 Peridot = 1 Flawless Peridot
15 Ruby = 1 Flawless Ruby
15 Sapphire = 1 Flawless Sapphire

And then:

15 Flawless Amethyst = 1 Perfect Amethyst
15 Flawless Citrine = 1 Perfect Citrine
15 Flawless Jade = 1 Perfect Jade
15 Flawless Onyx = 1 Perfect Onyx
15 Flawless Opal = 1 Perfect Opal
15 Flawless Peridot = 1 Perfect Peridot
15 Flawless Ruby = 1 Perfect Ruby
15 Flawless Sapphire = 1 Perfect Sapphire

So, it would take 255 of a reagent to go from a standard gem to a perfect gem. This seems reasonable to me.

Gem shape manipulation - Something that would rock would be to be able to change the shape or a jewel. In order to do that, we would need a recipe, gems of various quality, plus some other reagents. For example:

To take an Amethyst jewel from one shape to another, you’d need the transmute recipe, regular amethyst, flawless amethyst, and perfect amethyst, plus other reagents. We could then convert it to any shape we want. Besides the cost, there would be the potential of having the effect lose power. So, after conversion of a Square Jade defense jewel +40, we could have a circle jade defense jewel +38. Now, not every jewel could lower and still be effective, so there would have to be a minimal stat rating before it could be converted, but this is a balanced way of converting a jewel

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I used to transmute quite a lot of amber back when the ingredients were still hard to come by. It was either that or another trip to the gladiator (usually several trips) to get 1 amber drop.

Even though it is dropped more frequently now, amber dust is still pretty hard to come by. I would suggest the recipe for transmute amber be something more along the lines of:

30 sunstones
1 amber dust

Sunstones are still hard to come by, but a good solid day of farming sandstone in zafaria would allow you to get them pretty fast - along with some bazaar shopping. It would guarantee that you could probably get at least 1 amber a day - which is sometimes more than I could get in a couple of days of farming bosses that dropped it.

Best way is still gardening, but it takes awhile to get a garden good enough to drop it on a regular basis. Having crafted all the spells (which is what I used the amber for), I have just been stockpiling it for the last six months. Who knew you could get over 150 amber just from gardening for 6 months?

On the plus side, I farmed gladiator and Cronus for so long for amber, that they invite me over for tea now from time to time ; )

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
CUTEHORSEY on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
I used to transmute quite a lot of amber back when the ingredients were still hard to come by. It was either that or another trip to the gladiator (usually several trips) to get 1 amber drop.

Even though it is dropped more frequently now, amber dust is still pretty hard to come by. I would suggest the recipe for transmute amber be something more along the lines of:

30 sunstones
1 amber dust

Sunstones are still hard to come by, but a good solid day of farming sandstone in zafaria would allow you to get them pretty fast - along with some bazaar shopping. It would guarantee that you could probably get at least 1 amber a day - which is sometimes more than I could get in a couple of days of farming bosses that dropped it.

Best way is still gardening, but it takes awhile to get a garden good enough to drop it on a regular basis. Having crafted all the spells (which is what I used the amber for), I have just been stockpiling it for the last six months. Who knew you could get over 150 amber just from gardening for 6 months?

On the plus side, I farmed gladiator and Cronus for so long for amber, that they invite me over for tea now from time to time ; )
While I dont NEED amber dust, I have a good amount of it. That said, a transmute from sunstone to amber dust might not be bad, however, I was talking about using amber dust to transmute to amber