Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ol' Boot

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2013
Was the Ol' Boot available this April Fool's Day? I managed to catch a lot of Balancecudas and Mainstream Dekoi, but no Ol' Boots. If it was available, is it available as long as the April Fools mount and hat? Or is it gone for another year?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It was still floating around this morning when I was fishing. My suggestion, go on castle tours and try a house like Botanical Gardens that doesn't usually have any Balance fish. If you see any Balance fish swimming around, that's it. That's where I caught a bunch.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
I'm not 100% sure, but I am thinking you may be right that the Ol' Boot will be available until the new mount leaves the shop.

As for catching it, I caught mine in the large pool in the Jade Palace. I specifically went there because Balance fish don't normally spawn there. What I did was use the ID fish school spell and if there were no Balance fish, I would run through the pond and scare all the fish away. Then I would just wait about 20 minutes or so and try again until a Balance showed up. Since they don't normally spawn there, I knew it would be the Ol' Boot.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2013
Survivor
Apr 03, 2016
I caught one just a few minutes ago in The Commons! Also if I may ask, is there a table somewhere that shows which seasonal fishes are currently available? Been searching for that info for an hour now without success.

Administrator
ThisNameIsMine on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
I caught one just a few minutes ago in The Commons! Also if I may ask, is there a table somewhere that shows which seasonal fishes are currently available? Been searching for that info for an hour now without success.
Here's a good player-made guide. The specific dates will tie in with the dates of the holiday events. These are usually listed with the announcement of the holiday.

http://www.starsofthespiral.com/seasonalholidayfish

community@wizard101.com