Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My idea to improve the endgame of Wizard101.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
Hello community, and Kingsisle/Wizard101 staff,

I'm not one to normally post ideas here in The Dorms; mainly because I feel a lot of things just get overlooked, and/or it's just so cluttered and full of the most minuscule and generally not very vast or even decent improvements for the game, so much so that it just becomes tedious to look through.

However, I've had this idea for many years now, and I think it's time to voice it. I've seen a lot of great things come through recently for Wizard101, a lot of which really surprised me. Being able to remove cards from your side deck was probably my favorite update throughout the entire game, and one that I have wanted for a long time. Now in the next upcoming patch both Daily Quests and Gear Vaults are coming, and I'm simply ecstatic. That is truly amazing. I I hope that these vaults, following the seed vault, and now the gear vault keep coming. Treasure Cards, Mounts, Decks, Pets, etc. I want to be able to store everything.

I don't know how many of you feel, but I am a fan of having one main Wizard. Having multiple wizards can be nice, and fun, (I too have maxed out my fair share of alternate wizards!) but when it all comes down to it I want one Wizard that is just the overruling, the supreme. The wizard you're going to work hard on, the one you're going to want to grind the hours for to get those perfect stats you've planned for him or her, the one you've trained multiple pets to the amazing stats you wanted it to have, for every scenario your wizard may be in. The one you've done every side quest on. The one you've achieved every possible title on. The one you started collecting things on, be it rare treasure cards, castles, pets, reagents, now un-obtainable items. You name it. The one you've expanded the item limit in many of your castles in. Your main wizard. Your go-to.

Many of us veteran players believe that the endgame of Wizard101 is a bit lacking. Once you've completed the story, and done all the side quests, and you've had your fun in PvP, or maybe even Derby, there isn't really much else you can do currently.

...and that is why I believe that this new system should be implemented. We're seeing bits and pieces of it come places like the Arcanum, but I feel that upon reaching the highest level on your wizard, you should have the option to start your main wizards level over from level one, in one of the schools that you have not yet completed. Not only that, but you should be rewarded for leveling through many different schools on your wizard, ever expanding your knowledge of the different magics.

Leveling your Fire wizard through the story all over again from the beginning, this time as an Ice wizard, should allow you to use your powerpips not only on Fire spells, but now on Fire and Ice spells. For each school you complete you should be granted the ability to use powerpips on spells of that school.

Perhaps you could also go through each schools storyline and learn their school-specific sp-

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Thomas Thief on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
Hello community, and Kingsisle/Wizard101 staff,

I'm not one to normally post ideas here in The Dorms; mainly because I feel a lot of things just get overlooked, and/or it's just so cluttered and full of the most minuscule and generally not very vast or even decent improvements for the game, so much so that it just becomes tedious to look through.

However, I've had this idea for many years now, and I think it's time to voice it. I've seen a lot of great things come through recently for Wizard101, a lot of which really surprised me. Being able to remove cards from your side deck was probably my favorite update throughout the entire game, and one that I have wanted for a long time. Now in the next upcoming patch both Daily Quests and Gear Vaults are coming, and I'm simply ecstatic. That is truly amazing. I I hope that these vaults, following the seed vault, and now the gear vault keep coming. Treasure Cards, Mounts, Decks, Pets, etc. I want to be able to store everything.

I don't know how many of you feel, but I am a fan of having one main Wizard. Having multiple wizards can be nice, and fun, (I too have maxed out my fair share of alternate wizards!) but when it all comes down to it I want one Wizard that is just the overruling, the supreme. The wizard you're going to work hard on, the one you're going to want to grind the hours for to get those perfect stats you've planned for him or her, the one you've trained multiple pets to the amazing stats you wanted it to have, for every scenario your wizard may be in. The one you've done every side quest on. The one you've achieved every possible title on. The one you started collecting things on, be it rare treasure cards, castles, pets, reagents, now un-obtainable items. You name it. The one you've expanded the item limit in many of your castles in. Your main wizard. Your go-to.

Many of us veteran players believe that the endgame of Wizard101 is a bit lacking. Once you've completed the story, and done all the side quests, and you've had your fun in PvP, or maybe even Derby, there isn't really much else you can do currently.

...and that is why I believe that this new system should be implemented. We're seeing bits and pieces of it come places like the Arcanum, but I feel that upon reaching the highest level on your wizard, you should have the option to start your main wizards level over from level one, in one of the schools that you have not yet completed. Not only that, but you should be rewarded for leveling through many different schools on your wizard, ever expanding your knowledge of the different magics.

Leveling your Fire wizard through the story all over again from the beginning, this time as an Ice wizard, should allow you to use your powerpips not only on Fire spells, but now on Fire and Ice spells. For each school you complete you should be granted the ability to use powerpips on spells of that school.

Perhaps you could also go through each schools storyline and learn their school-specific sp-
Too op if an ice has access to fire spells because they could do massive damage and have tanky stats.

Lvl 110
Lvl 70
Lvl 25

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Each of us has a different focus on what makes the game the most fun.

I can see where someone with a strong focus on housing decoration, gardening, pets, or who enjoys one particular play style will want to centralize all their endeavor on one wiz over all the others.

I like to spread things out across many different characters, so having to choose one of my 11 noobs and favor them above the others, or remove the others altogether, would hurt my enjoyment of wizard because I have invested time and effort in each of them.

The other matter is each wizard has a finite limit on friends list, backpack space, housing space (even with bric a brack elixir and extra castles) and energy. I enjoy the variety of friends I make on different characters at different levels. If one of my friends needed help on a high level dungeon, right now I can send them a choice of helpers from among my guys but if I only have one type of help to offer, that may not be enough.

Lastly, sometimes I like a change of pace. After bashing and smashing on my fire all day one day, it's important to take a break and do some mana burning and bladestorming and healing on balance the next day. What makes it fun to have different schools is no one wizard can do everything or it would become boring.

Everyone would end up playing ice with storm mastery for massive health and massive damage combined, or with life mastery for massive health and super healing. Nobody would want to work with the guy who stubbornly stuck by his myth wizard, or whose main was fire and he wanted it to stay that way.

It's already nearly impossible to find a team at the darkmoor sigil unless you're storm, life, or balance.This would just reinforce stereotypes and channel people into less spell diversity.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I used to think it'd be cool to do that, simply because that would be a real way to have a legitimate secondary school. The way "secondary" schools work right now (excluding Shadow and Astral), even with a mastery amulet it's very weak.

But I don't see how this system works very well. Say for example 3 years ago if this had happened. Someone got their Ice wizard to Level 90 and started over again as Fire. Do you have to level up to level 110 Fire now and start Ice over again to get all of the new spells between 90 and 110 that you hadn't gotten before you restarted? And then once we've got a new level cap of 150, do you have to start Fire over again to get the new spells that will be coming between now and 150?

The thing is that there is no endgame, at least not yet. There's only "up till now" content.This idea might appeal to a select crowd, but I'm just not certain what the value would be overall. I can't imagine how overwhelmingly frustrating it would be trying to strategize, let alone trudge through some of the long, drawn out worlds. Some people already have so much gear (including decks) that they swap around depending on the battle. Now imagine septupling it, needing special gear and decks set up for each school on the same wizard? Eesh! No thank you.

I understand the need to keep people busy who blast through the game and wind up with nothing to do, but I'm not sure this is the way to do it.