Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets Giving Spells (Not casting)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Hello! I have a Balance school Crystal Butterfly pet named Belle. She's an adult pet and while I was training her, she gave me +3% attack and a 135% absorb per pip shield from school. However, it appears that she does not cast the spell and it has been added to my spell deck...I was wondering, will she ever do spells that I won't have to cast but she'll cast on me? Some of my friends on here have pets that cast their own spells for/on my friend while the friend cast a different spell.
How do you get pets to do that
Does anyone know

(I Love Balance Myth Death)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 65, Kayla Griffin Lvl 8, Kayla Drake Lvl 2,Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Esmee Deathblood Lvl 35

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The ice absorb is actually a card, which will go into your deck, rather than cast. If your pet has in it' talent description "May Cast Sprite", May Cast Fuel", May Cast Pierce" etc, that's when the pet will cast it. If you see a card show up, it's for your deck to use.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
What pets most likely have it? Do you know?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Ye, it's in your deck. You have to manually cast
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
DiamondAngel1234 on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
What pets most likely have it? Do you know?
I say hatching is your best option. It depends on the pool of traits, so try hatching a pet with someone who has may casts. I can explain this in a little more detail if needed.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Do you know if the Judgment pet (for Balance) is a May Cast pet From what I've read so far, some people said they've seen the Judgement pet of Balance having "May cast" and I just wish to know if it's true

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
DiamondAngel1234 on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
Do you know if the Judgment pet (for Balance) is a May Cast pet From what I've read so far, some people said they've seen the Judgement pet of Balance having "May cast" and I just wish to know if it's true
It's been a while since I played my Balance wiz but if I remember correctly, his 1st generation Judgement pet has may-cast Sprite and Weakness.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
PERFECT! I have the first generation Judgment pet! Thank you s much! I also have a jellyfish now and I've heard that has may cast as well. I was given the jellyfish by a quest giver in Celestia. Which casts it more often/better? Or are they about the same?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
DiamondAngel1234 on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
PERFECT! I have the first generation Judgment pet! Thank you s much! I also have a jellyfish now and I've heard that has may cast as well. I was given the jellyfish by a quest giver in Celestia. Which casts it more often/better? Or are they about the same?
The Death Jellyfish from the Celestia quest can definitely manifest Spritely. It's a toss up as far as frequency of casts though. I doubt the Jelly or the Judgement has any advantage. I have several of those Jellies on my Death wiz - 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation - and even then some of those cast it more often than others.

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
I have the death jellyfish too! Thanks everyone! This was very helpful!

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 68