Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disable treasure cards in pvp...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2015
In my opinion treasure cards is what makes people upset over matches. And besides..without them, it makes it more challenging, dont ya agree?

For example: A lvl 20 myth using a tc Medusa even though they haven't even learned the spell...then potentially one shot the opponent. Isn't that kinda of unfair?

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
It is unfair. Then again so is that level 20 being matched with a level 60 or better. If not for that tc, they have NO chance to compete. Broken system, it's what we have to work with.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
I totally Agree. If a level 30 is able to beat a level 50 with all their treasure cards. That is some messed up stuff. Remove treasure cards in pvp. It aint right

Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
Personally, I like Treasure Cards in PvP.

It adds another element to the game, and makes it more strategic. Not only do you have to plan out your deck accordingly, you now also have to blend your Side Deck with your Main Deck to have them complement each other.

Although; treasure cards that are now more rare to obtain, that provide an extreme advantage, such as elucidate are rather unfair, and should likely be restricted from PvP. I personally would hate to lose to cards like this, so I do not PvP until I have some of my own, to potentially level out the playing field.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Cameron DawnCloud on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion treasure cards is what makes people upset over matches. And besides..without them, it makes it more challenging, dont ya agree?

For example: A lvl 20 myth using a tc Medusa even though they haven't even learned the spell...then potentially one shot the opponent. Isn't that kinda of unfair?
People complain about pets, gear, shadow spells, shadow enhanced spells, regular spells, health, pierce, block, jade, turtles, puppets, stat mounts, treasure cards, mastery amulets, level differences, and even more. What makes people really upset................................... is losing

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, On my ice and storm I would have no chance whatsoever without tc
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
This idea is really not well thought out. Treasure cards don't make people upset, it's a part of a game that is a great utility for PvP. The thing that is making people upset is critical, and shadow enhanced spells. I really don't see the point in taking treasure cards out of PvP.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
Like all the others here, I must agree: KEEP TREASURE CARDS (though Elucidate -however hard to obtain- is really troublesome) .

The original post was obviously written by somebody probably not above level 60, who is matched up with high-ranked low levels fairly often. This person seems to be upset with the "even footing" that a level 20 might have using TC, (which really isn't 'even', because the non-tc spell can be enchanted) which might allow the lower leveled wizard to win.
It seems to me, that this person is like many other wizards that believe using TC is cheating, not a part of the game that you are at a disadvantage if you don't use. *Note: the likelihood of players like this to reach a decent rank is nonexistent.*

My personal message to this person is: if you don't like TC, play some "Classic" Tournaments.