Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 pvp Help

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
My name is Connor LegendBane and I am level 43 in myth school. I rarely play pvp, but the times I do, I always lose. I only win when I am playing people level 30 and down (which is considered my level range.) This is bad news, for I hardly get any arena tickets. I do understand that you will earn more tickets in Tournaments, but I want to stick to the free side of the game, for I already have a membership. Please give other tips on pvp, the ones I already know I will post below:
  1. You are able to use most treasure cards
  2. You are allowed to summon minions
  3. People use you in pvp. When the see your spell you will cast, they will use a shield to block most damage
  4. Some people cheat with astral spells (which level 20 people should not know)

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
I have the same problem as you.
I find out if I do quick match I find a player who's a warlord or above my rank and kills me.
Of course warlords use astral spells but the thing is that PVP won't find a good person.
So to be on the safe side don't try to quick match and try to wait and do quests.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
The Weather Man on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
My name is Connor LegendBane and I am level 43 in myth school. I rarely play pvp, but the times I do, I always lose. I only win when I am playing people level 30 and down (which is considered my level range.) This is bad news, for I hardly get any arena tickets. I do understand that you will earn more tickets in Tournaments, but I want to stick to the free side of the game, for I already have a membership. Please give other tips on pvp, the ones I already know I will post below:
  3. People use you in pvp. When the see your spell you will cast, they will use a shield to block most damage
Idk if its the same on everyones PC, but on MY PC, your enemies cannot see what spell you are casting. I know this because I cant see what spells my enemies are casting, for one. For two, if you are having trouble doing pvp, you should just team up for a 2v2 match, or a 3v3 or 4v4. (although I dont really like doing 3v3 or 4v4) I find it is much easier that way. So basically what i am saying is just to avoid 1v1 matches, because they are pretty difficult, no matter what level your enemy is.

Heather StarSong lvl 50

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Rockpapershotgun on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
I have the same problem as you.
I find out if I do quick match I find a player who's a warlord or above my rank and kills me.
Of course warlords use astral spells but the thing is that PVP won't find a good person.
So to be on the safe side don't try to quick match and try to wait and do quests.
Yeah! That happens to me all the time! I join a quick match, and i find this person that is like, a level 80 or some thing and then im just like, "nope, flee, sorry person but bai."

Survivor
Nov 30, 2015
The Weather Man on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
Hi Connor!
Not sure if this will help much, but here's a guide from Duelist101 that totally helped me. It covers everything from deck set up, gear, and strategy. It's a Magus guide, but it got my Master Myth to Warlord just fine. Good luck!

http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/2v1-magus-myth-crowns-1v1-guide/

(Also, using Astral Spells in PvP isn't necessarily cheating... Like you listed above, you can use most TC, haha. And, people using shields to block your damage isn't "using you" it's essential to nearly every strategy, I'd strongly recommend using shields yourself, actually!)

Defender
Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for all the help on pvp strategies guys, I will have to take this into account!

By the way, once when I was in pvp, I was fighting someone who had shadow pip chances and it considered the person in my level range. What's up with that? Clearly they are not in my level range, level 43 vs 90+.

*Connor Legendbane Level 43 *