Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Converts

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
I don't know what level they should be given. But I think it should be the same level (or higher) as the Mass Converts we get in Avalon. So maybe level 80 or higher.

So what I was thinking was a 2 pip spell that puts 3 converts on one target. For every school.

The reason why I would like this spell is that it would help with bosses that are my school. But the minions are the opposite school. So it would be like a vs wizard boss battle but with some minions.

A mass convert wont help me much. And a normal convert would take some rounds.

Also with this idea this would shorten the rounds in battles when putting on a normal convert or a mass convert for only one creature.

As for .

Maybe a 2 pip spell that changes the attack into a spirit or elemental attack

So it would be a 2 pip spell that adds 3 converts that changes hits into a , , and hits. One for each class. So in other words it would convert hits into a spirit hit.

And another 2 pip convert spell for ,, and for .

So balance would be getting 2 different converts. One for spirit and the other for elemental.

As a way to get these kinds of spells. Maybe another unicorn rescue like when we had to get the mass converts

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
" And another 2 pip convert spell for ,, and for ."

Hi there, I don't suggest that. I think we should just stick to , , and because these are the schools that boost on balance. Think about it, whenever someone uses a convert, it boosts on the enemy. So if we use just , , and , it will boost on the enemy. And as a balance wizard, we have shields against all of these schools and an enemy can cast any shields, and you can't use both converts, so it would be a waste. This is my opinion. If you disagree, let me know why :D

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
copycatingwizard on Feb 27, 2016 wrote:
I don't know what level they should be given. But I think it should be the same level (or higher) as the Mass Converts we get in Avalon. So maybe level 80 or higher.

So what I was thinking was a 2 pip spell that puts 3 converts on one target. For every school.

The reason why I would like this spell is that it would help with bosses that are my school. But the minions are the opposite school. So it would be like a vs wizard boss battle but with some minions.

A mass convert wont help me much. And a normal convert would take some rounds.

Also with this idea this would shorten the rounds in battles when putting on a normal convert or a mass convert for only one creature.

As for .

Maybe a 2 pip spell that changes the attack into a spirit or elemental attack

So it would be a 2 pip spell that adds 3 converts that changes hits into a , , and hits. One for each class. So in other words it would convert hits into a spirit hit.

And another 2 pip convert spell for ,, and for .

So balance would be getting 2 different converts. One for spirit and the other for elemental.

As a way to get these kinds of spells. Maybe another unicorn rescue like when we had to get the mass converts
3 converts? Only use I can see for this is a dot spell like fire dragon (which I wouldn't personally rely on the overtime too heavily). As well, I don't think balance should get a prism since they can learn shrike and get nested fury, it might be helpful in worlds like Azteca but balance can use chimera or spectral blast to kill a balance boss and for balance mobs, just infallible.

Lvl 110
Lvl 102
Lvl 31
Lvl 25

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
3 converts? Only use I can see for this is a dot spell like fire dragon (which I wouldn't personally rely on the overtime too heavily). As well, I don't think balance should get a prism since they can learn shrike and get nested fury, it might be helpful in worlds like Azteca but balance can use chimera or spectral blast to kill a balance boss and for balance mobs, just infallible.

Lvl 110
Lvl 102
Lvl 31
Lvl 25
The reason why I thought 3 converts was a good idea was because it would take less rounds. Also this doesn't mean you could only benefit from damage over time spells. And this idea wasn't really for creatures it was more for boss battles.

Also I don't think balance should wait to get Shadow Shriek and/or Nested Fury to make boss battles easy. The spells are good. But they take a long time to get.

Chimera is a 9 pip spell if I remember right. So it would take some rounds to be able to use it. Sure you can blade, and trap for a few rounds while the boss could spirit shield and/or elemental shield.

Also, (and I could be wrong) but I think its time for balance to get a convert. Though that doesn't mean my idea is perfect.

How about a convert that will give it a chance of 3 converts that will turn it into ,, & hits. However this will give it only 3 hits and turn them into either a full , , or .

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
Brian Troll Rider on Feb 28, 2016 wrote:
" And another 2 pip convert spell for ,, and for ."

Hi there, I don't suggest that. I think we should just stick to , , and because these are the schools that boost on balance. Think about it, whenever someone uses a convert, it boosts on the enemy. So if we use just , , and , it will boost on the enemy. And as a balance wizard, we have shields against all of these schools and an enemy can cast any shields, and you can't use both converts, so it would be a waste. This is my opinion. If you disagree, let me know why :D
I don't know man. If spirit gets one why not the elementals

If the ,, and aren't good enough compared to the ,, and then my best guess would be that wizards wouldn't add them in the their deck.

But it would always be good to have it.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
copycatingwizard on Feb 29, 2016 wrote:
The reason why I thought 3 converts was a good idea was because it would take less rounds. Also this doesn't mean you could only benefit from damage over time spells. And this idea wasn't really for creatures it was more for boss battles.

Also I don't think balance should wait to get Shadow Shriek and/or Nested Fury to make boss battles easy. The spells are good. But they take a long time to get.

Chimera is a 9 pip spell if I remember right. So it would take some rounds to be able to use it. Sure you can blade, and trap for a few rounds while the boss could spirit shield and/or elemental shield.

Also, (and I could be wrong) but I think its time for balance to get a convert. Though that doesn't mean my idea is perfect.

How about a convert that will give it a chance of 3 converts that will turn it into ,, & hits. However this will give it only 3 hits and turn them into either a full , , or .
If I read your OP correctly you want six prisms to be cast with one two-pip spell? I don't understand the logic in this. In essence, if you cast a Chimera for instance... the Death attack will be converted to Life, the Life attack will be converted to Death, and the Myth will be converted to Storm. So basically the first two are useless because they're merely trading places.
The reason Balance doesn't have a Prism (convert) is that is has no opposite. Aside from boss-specific resistances (Loremaster's -80% vs. Balance), Balance attacks effect most enemies equally. And Balance has the ability to attack Balance enemies with Spectral Blast and Chimera so if you know you're going against that you only need to arrange your deck accordingly. A well placed Spirit Trap will boost all three of the elements of the Chimera and would make better use of those nine pips. Likewise Elemental Trap/Spectral Blast.
In the past, the idea has been presented for a Balance Prism that would act randomly and convert Balance damage to Spirit or Elemental damage, but the usefulness of such a thing is questionable. You're still spending an extra round or two preparing for an attack that would not be appreciably boosted when you could be using one of Balance's inherent off-school attacks.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
If I read your OP correctly you want six prisms to be cast with one two-pip spell? I don't understand the logic in this. In essence, if you cast a Chimera for instance... the Death attack will be converted to Life, the Life attack will be converted to Death, and the Myth will be converted to Storm. So basically the first two are useless because they're merely trading places.
The reason Balance doesn't have a Prism (convert) is that is has no opposite. Aside from boss-specific resistances (Loremaster's -80% vs. Balance), Balance attacks effect most enemies equally. And Balance has the ability to attack Balance enemies with Spectral Blast and Chimera so if you know you're going against that you only need to arrange your deck accordingly. A well placed Spirit Trap will boost all three of the elements of the Chimera and would make better use of those nine pips. Likewise Elemental Trap/Spectral Blast.
In the past, the idea has been presented for a Balance Prism that would act randomly and convert Balance damage to Spirit or Elemental damage, but the usefulness of such a thing is questionable. You're still spending an extra round or two preparing for an attack that would not be appreciably boosted when you could be using one of Balance's inherent off-school attacks.
No, what I mean is that it will turn hits into spirit hits or element hits.

Also, its a 2 pip spell each for hits to turn into spirit hits or elemental hits. So it would be two different converts. Each cost 2 pips. One that turns hits into spirit hits. And the other convert turns hits into elemental hits.

Here's what I mean.

When a wizard uses this convert it will turn the attacks into a full , or , or .

What I mean by this is that it will turn hits into 3 hits, or 3 hits, or 3 hits. That way wizards can attack a boss even if it has elemental shields.

So this spell could turn hits into 3 or 3 or 3.

I think I made things clear but I could be wrong.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
copycatingwizard on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
No, what I mean is that it will turn hits into spirit hits or element hits.

Also, its a 2 pip spell each for hits to turn into spirit hits or elemental hits. So it would be two different converts. Each cost 2 pips. One that turns hits into spirit hits. And the other convert turns hits into elemental hits.

Here's what I mean.

When a wizard uses this convert it will turn the attacks into a full , or , or .

What I mean by this is that it will turn hits into 3 hits, or 3 hits, or 3 hits. That way wizards can attack a boss even if it has elemental shields.

So this spell could turn hits into 3 or 3 or 3.

I think I made things clear but I could be wrong.
OK... so you cast the Elemental version of the spell and it places 3 prisms that will convert the next three Balance damage attacks into either Fire, Ice -or- Storm damage?
I don't see the advantage that would give over using an Elemental Trap with a Spectral Blast, the effect of which would actually be boosted by the trap. A Prism doesn't alter the power of the attack, only the nature of the damage. Using your spell could be pretty pip-intensive if you're up against multiple Balance enemies.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 2, 2016 wrote:
OK... so you cast the Elemental version of the spell and it places 3 prisms that will convert the next three Balance damage attacks into either Fire, Ice -or- Storm damage?
I don't see the advantage that would give over using an Elemental Trap with a Spectral Blast, the effect of which would actually be boosted by the trap. A Prism doesn't alter the power of the attack, only the nature of the damage. Using your spell could be pretty pip-intensive if you're up against multiple Balance enemies.
I'm confused on what you mean.

Also I know that prisms don't increase the attacks.

And this idea isn't made for creatures. (We get Mass Prism in Avalon) It was made for bosses. So that you don't have to convert every round for the next attack.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
copycatingwizard on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
I'm confused on what you mean.

Also I know that prisms don't increase the attacks.

And this idea isn't made for creatures. (We get Mass Prism in Avalon) It was made for bosses. So that you don't have to convert every round for the next attack.
Maybe I'm still misunderstanding your idea but here's what I envision you mean:
You cast your 3-convert spell (2-pips) on a Balance boss and it places 3 converts... either chosen at random so it could be 3 Fire, 3 Storm or 3 Ice -or- 1 of each... not sure which one is what you mean. Then you hit with a 4-pip Judgement which uses one of the converts and does 400 Elemental damage on the boss. Six pips = 400 damage.
-or-
You cast an Elemental Trap (1-pip) followed by Spectral Blast (4-pips). Let's say it hits for Ice damage which would be 365 + 25% for the trap. 5-pips = 456 damage. Even with Ice, the lowest damage option, you're still doing more damage with the standard combination.

What I'm saying is it doesn't appear to offer any appreciable advantage unless I'm way off on what I'm interpreting your spell's effects. The only time it would offer a distinct advantage would be for larger Balance based spells but the question is, is it worth the wait and the extra pip output?

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Maybe I'm still misunderstanding your idea but here's what I envision you mean:
You cast your 3-convert spell (2-pips) on a Balance boss and it places 3 converts... either chosen at random so it could be 3 Fire, 3 Storm or 3 Ice -or- 1 of each... not sure which one is what you mean. Then you hit with a 4-pip Judgement which uses one of the converts and does 400 Elemental damage on the boss. Six pips = 400 damage.
-or-
You cast an Elemental Trap (1-pip) followed by Spectral Blast (4-pips). Let's say it hits for Ice damage which would be 365 + 25% for the trap. 5-pips = 456 damage. Even with Ice, the lowest damage option, you're still doing more damage with the standard combination.

What I'm saying is it doesn't appear to offer any appreciable advantage unless I'm way off on what I'm interpreting your spell's effects. The only time it would offer a distinct advantage would be for larger Balance based spells but the question is, is it worth the wait and the extra pip output?
Oh I'm sorry man but I'd change my mind with the convert.

It will only be doing 3, 3, or 3. (Same with the other one)

And, I was using the elements as an example.

Also, this would mainly be for bosses so that way wizards could hit with more spells.

If a wizard hits with a Judgement that does 400 damage (with 4 pips) to a boss. It would't do a lot since bosses resist to attacks. But it would do normal damage (or boosted damage) if the convert was added.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
If a wizard hits with a Judgement that does 400 damage (with 4 pips) to a boss. It would't do a lot since bosses resist to attacks. But it would do normal damage (or boosted damage) if the convert was added.
That's what I was pointing out in my example. The converted Judgement would do 400 damage and the normal Spectral Blast with a trap does 465 damage... more damage for fewer pips in the same amount of rounds. Using a larger spell or waiting a few rounds for the Judgement would put it to better use.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
That's what I was pointing out in my example. The converted Judgement would do 400 damage and the normal Spectral Blast with a trap does 465 damage... more damage for fewer pips in the same amount of rounds. Using a larger spell or waiting a few rounds for the Judgement would put it to better use.
Ah, I guess I read something wrong then. Sorry about that.

And, if spirit gets one why not the elemental's Even if its a pointless spell for . I think it would be good to at least have one.

You could also Balance Blade, Hex, convert, then Judgement on to one target. It would take more rounds. But, it would be saving more pips for the Judgement attack.

If Judgement is still using 4 pips. That's 400 normal damage. But with a 30% increase and another 25% increase it would do around 620 damage.

Though it would cost about 6 pips in total. I'd still think its worth it.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
TucsonWizard on Mar 1, 2016 wrote:
Well, he wouldn't hit with a chimera. The point of the balance convert is to help us make battles faster. For instance, we can't just kill a boss with chimera. Do you know how long it would take to fully blade up? Whereas, if we put a balance convert that randomly converts to either or, we can use judgement. Also, if we do use chimera, what are the chances that the boss wont spirit shield?