Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet casting problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2016
Considering how expensive things in your game are I would expect a place I could email you my problems instead of having to post it on a board. I am disappointed. That aside, My problem is that my pet has a "may cast" ability. This spell makes it so the monster I am fighting will take 30% more death magic. I am thinking that a may cast ability MAY happen during the fight at any time. That is not how my pet is working. My pet will ONLY cast this when I am completely out of spells. NOT ONLY that but it casts it every single time I get out of spells. 100% of the time, not an exaggeration. When I have spells in my hand he NEVER casts it. 0% of the time, not exaggerating. If the spell is there to boost my damage but I have no spells to cast for it to boost then it is pointless. That is why I think it is a bug.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2012
I feel your pain this happens to me a lot, but not all the time. What MAY CAST means it will may cast randomly, just flat out randomly. Some battles it will cast and others will not. For example I believe the better the may cast is the more rarely the pet will cast it. If that isn't the issue and your pet has a may cast trap, more than likely there is a trigger for this. Trying using a wand hit or something of those sorts and maybe he will cast it. Remember this happens randomly... Level 110

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Sidrandomz on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
Considering how expensive things in your game are I would expect a place I could email you my problems instead of having to post it on a board. I am disappointed. That aside, My problem is that my pet has a "may cast" ability. This spell makes it so the monster I am fighting will take 30% more death magic. I am thinking that a may cast ability MAY happen during the fight at any time. That is not how my pet is working. My pet will ONLY cast this when I am completely out of spells. NOT ONLY that but it casts it every single time I get out of spells. 100% of the time, not an exaggeration. When I have spells in my hand he NEVER casts it. 0% of the time, not exaggerating. If the spell is there to boost my damage but I have no spells to cast for it to boost then it is pointless. That is why I think it is a bug.
nope, not a bug.

how a may-cast talent works: it's random, a dice roll, just like everything else in-game. you've just had a string of bad luck.

that said, ki is constantly making 'stealth nerfs'~ unannounced changes to the way things work, especially the frequency of pet may-casts; they aren't obvious to most, though anyone who's been around long enough has seen many of them and can usually tell.

support@kingsisle.com, or https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game can be used to reach out to the mods directly for real issues, but they don't handle stuff like this.

also, train and carry reshuffle.

-von

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Sidrandomz on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
More often than not, battles end with the boss dying and my pet casting a blade on me after everyone's defeated. Not a glitch, just bad luck. You're not the only one it happens to. Sometimes it's the only indication I ever have that my pet can still do that! I have a pet that may-cast Freeze... usually the only time he does it is on enemies that are stun-immune. Fortunately I have a sense of humor and I've learned to just laugh it off. It happens, it's going to continue to happen and on the rare occasions that a pet does what I want, when I want it, I'm happily surprised.