Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How far we've come

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2015
I have been a Wizard101 player from when it first came out and I must say it's been a great journey. It's amazing that just a few years ago you could only go to 50. Then celestia came out and everybody was so hyped because it was the first expansion. Then Zafaria, well I think we all hated Zafaria. Then came Avalon, my favorite world, the gorgeous green grass along with the though of being in medieval times really makes me nerd out. Then Azteca, well I hated Azteca. Then Khrysalis! That world was honestly ok I didn't like the storyline. And then finally, Polaris! My new favorite world. ( I know I skipped Wintertusk and Aquila but those are sideworlds so I didn't give a crap.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Stormdracon on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
I have been a Wizard101 player from when it first came out and I must say it's been a great journey. It's amazing that just a few years ago you could only go to 50. Then celestia came out and everybody was so hyped because it was the first expansion. Then Zafaria, well I think we all hated Zafaria. Then came Avalon, my favorite world, the gorgeous green grass along with the though of being in medieval times really makes me nerd out. Then Azteca, well I hated Azteca. Then Khrysalis! That world was honestly ok I didn't like the storyline. And then finally, Polaris! My new favorite world. ( I know I skipped Wintertusk and Aquila but those are sideworlds so I didn't give a crap.
Oh man, I remember those memories in Dragonspyre where I accidentally did a very long side quest line thinking it was the main story line...good times back in 2010. Well now I have 3 accounts so that's all swell and very useful.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Lol I actually liked ZF, but yeah I think we can all agree AZ was terrrrrrrible. Boring, way too long, absurd double boss fights (not sure why I didn't struggle with double boss fights in other worlds, just that one) and depressing ending. I've been around since near the beginning and share your happiness with how far we've come. I've loved seeing W101 grow, and I've grown along with it. Different worlds make me think of different times in my life so I always feel a little bit of nostalgia going back to those worlds.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Stormdracon on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
i joined just after the release of celestia~ level cap was 60, there were no healing pets or cheating bosses, no mastery amulets or "elite gear" to farm for; couldn't solo the malistaire fight... and, for better or for worse, i'm still here (for now) 5 years later.

dragonspyre is, and will always be, my favourite world. i hated celestia~ zafaria was okay, though not really my thing; avalon gave me some hope, but that was destroyed by what came next.

azteca was utterly dreadful, though i've made my peace with it (since i've now seen things far worse than azteca, lol).

khrysalis was boring (read: depressing and sleep-inducing), and darkmoor was, well, darkmoor. i wanted to love it so much, since it's everything i enjoy (dark, spooky, creepy wonderfulness) in terms of story, music, and design... but it's so mind-meltingly long and boring that i just couldn't. not even the re-emergence of my undead "boy-friend" *fan-girl giggle* could make me want to visit there ever again.

lastly, polaris was... uh, short. it was beautifully designed, and the story was okay, though i'm still a bit confused as to what exactly is going on since it felt rushed and there doesn't seem to be much of a plot. also, the new crit/block system is atrocious, make it disappear, kthanksbye.

-von "dragons, dragons everywhere!" shadowsong

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Starblood653 on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Lol I actually liked ZF, but yeah I think we can all agree AZ was terrrrrrrible. Boring, way too long, absurd double boss fights (not sure why I didn't struggle with double boss fights in other worlds, just that one) and depressing ending. I've been around since near the beginning and share your happiness with how far we've come. I've loved seeing W101 grow, and I've grown along with it. Different worlds make me think of different times in my life so I always feel a little bit of nostalgia going back to those worlds.
Man I loved Azteca since it was so huge and epic looking. It was great to climb the skies and swim in the deep oceans of that ancient land. On the other hand before I got my accounts, Zafaria was hell for me, as a fire with repetitive collect quests against fire and myth enemies, ugghhh, it was such a struggle...