Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre Dropped Wands?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2009
i just now got down farming for a particular wand Redwind's Viridian Blade i used many traps and many blades plus balefrost and attacked with enchanted lord of winter with crit bubble. total attack 120,000 around there. now my question is how hard is it to get a dropped wand? are these rare?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
In my experience, drop rates in DS are brutal. I've been farming Ivan Soulsinger on and off ever since about 2010 for his sword and have had no luck. I think I have the viridian blade around somewhere, I believe that took a ton of time too. A few weeks ago I was farming for a fire robe for my baby wiz and it took a good 2-3 hours of constant grinding.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
The loremaster seems brutal to me because the drop rate for cards is ultra rare.Either way it's just that sometimes drop rates act weird.If I were you I would have to farm him maybe 5-15 times?

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Rockpapershotgun on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
The loremaster seems brutal to me because the drop rate for cards is ultra rare.Either way it's just that sometimes drop rates act weird.If I were you I would have to farm him maybe 5-15 times?
It isn't that the drop rate is weird, it's that you're getting lucky. Loremaster was also intended to have an extremely low drop rate because she drops spells. She was added years after the DS release and shouldn't be lumped with the other DS bosses when evaluating drop rates.