Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Roland SilverHeart Boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Many players are struggling in the arena. Not because they want Warlord status or they like the struggle (Which is real) but because they want a piece of arena gear to wear, let's say the Commander's robe for example... It seems illogical to have to endure all that in the arena just to get one piece of gear that you're gonna stitch anyways? Eh?

So what if there was an Arena boss?

It would be Roland SilverHeart- if I said his name right -and he would be a skeleton key boss that drops statless arena gear (For stitching of course) and he can be farmed. It would go like this.

You're trying to get commander in the arena but you end up giving up because you figure its not worth it. But from one of the arena matches you loose, you have a chance to get a "broken wand key" that you can use to get to the Roland SilverHeart boss. Frustrated, and unaware of your new key you've received, you just wander around unicorn way, and you happen upon a house with a lock on. Intrigued, and not remembering such a house, you immediately go and investigate. You see a message saying, "Please use Broken Wand Key" and you laugh at the name. Broken wand key. Hahaha. So of course you mindlessly click on it for no reason and it opens, and of course, you enter...
You find Roland Silverheart, who says, "Oh, hey wizard... did you... just break into my house... with that broken wand?? You do understand that's not cool, right?? I'm going to have to spread the word that YOU are not such a great wizard after all. You wanna what? Alright, if you beat me in this duel...I guess I'll let it slide... but don't let me catch you breaking into my house again!"
You beat him and it the narrator tells you that you've accidentally left Roland unconscious, and you notice a chest behind him that has unenchanted (Statless) arena gear in it. Might as well try your luck on that chest and see which gear you get? Eh?
You are guaranteed one piece of statless arena gear - either from the commander set or the warlord set - a mega snack, and sometimes he'll even drop a elucidate tc, and always a bit of gold.

When you beat him you get the badge "King of Finesse" or "Queen of Finesse" respectively. Or if you beat him solo you get "True King/Queen of Finesse".

He is fire, has 27,770 health, can use shadow magic for all schools,and every 10 rounds he puts a -100 shield on and stuns you. Can be blocked with two ice dispels.
At half health you get a message that says, "What is all this ruckus!?" And his mom joins the fight.
She is Balance, 17,770 health, no shadow, all she does is blade and shield and every 7 turns she says, "Leave my little Roland alone!" and she hits you with a broomstick for 770 damage. If you one shot Roland, you get a message that says, "Roland, be quiet down there!!" But his mom doesn't join the fight.

Sorry for the long message

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I don't understand why this "boss" of yours would need to be the equivalent of max level stat wise. It is in Unicorn Way remember? I do agree it should definitely be a harder boss but you don't want newer players, or anyone without a max, to not get the benefits of a secret key boss, especially if it's handing out good stitch sets. Getting to commander wasn't hard for me on really any character, but I can understand why people struggle with it. But in case you didn't know, Wizard101's first ever bundle pack, the massive fantasy palace, gave people a gear set that looked identical to the commander set. I bought two of those back in the day so I had two full look alike sets of pvp armor. Now I just earn the robe but next time they run a special where that bundle goes back on sale, buy it. A final thought though, I do agree more key bosses are needed. And we definitely need more bosses that drop school spells, because only life, fire, and storm currently have them.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Michael Thunder on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:
Many players are struggling in the arena. Not because they want Warlord status or they like the struggle (Which is real) but because they want a piece of arena gear to wear, let's say the Commander's robe for example... It seems illogical to have to endure all that in the arena just to get one piece of gear that you're gonna stitch anyways? Eh?

It would be Roland SilverHeart- if I said his name right -and he would be a skeleton key boss that drops statless arena gear (For stitching of course) and he can be farmed. It would go like this.

You're trying to get commander in the arena but you end up giving up because you figure its not worth it. But from one of the arena matches you loose, you have a chance to get a "broken wand key" that you can use to get to the Roland SilverHeart boss. Frustrated, and unaware of your new key you've received, you just wander around unicorn way, and you happen upon a house with a lock on. Intrigued, and not remembering such a house, you immediately go and investigate. You see a message saying, "Please use Broken Wand Key" and you laugh at the name. Broken wand key. Hahaha. So of course you mindlessly click on it for no reason and it opens, and of course, you enter...
You find Roland Silverheart, who says, "Oh, hey wizard... did you... just break into my house... with that broken wand?? You do understand that's not cool, right?? I'm going to have to spread the word that YOU are not such a great wizard after all. You wanna what? Alright, if you beat me in this duel...I guess I'll let it slide... but don't let me catch you breaking into my house again!"
You beat him and it the narrator tells you that you've accidentally left Roland unconscious, and you notice a chest behind him that has unenchanted (Statless) arena gear in it. Might as well try your luck on that chest and see which gear you get? Eh?
You are guaranteed one piece of statless arena gear - either from the commander set or the warlord set - a mega snack, and sometimes he'll even drop a elucidate tc, and always a bit of gold.

When you beat him you get the badge "King of Finesse" or "Queen of Finesse" respectively. Or if you beat him solo you get "True King/Queen of Finesse".

He is fire, has 27,770 health, can use shadow magic for all schools,and every 10 rounds he puts a -100 shield on and stuns you. Can be blocked with two ice dispels.
At half health you get a message that says, "What is all this ruckus!?" And his mom joins the fight.
She is Balance, 17,770 health, no shadow, all she does is blade and shield and every 7 turns she says, "Leave my little Roland alone!" and she hits you with a broomstick for 770 damage. If you one shot Roland, you get a message that says, "Roland, be quiet down there!!" But his mom doesn't join the fight.

I love that idea, and I think its awesome you put so much time and imagination into that. It is a great way for players who want PvP armor for stitching to have another option available for them. Yet, I have to agree with Electro Cat because it would be unfair to players who are a smaller level. This could work well though if Roland Silverheart was created differently for different levels. I also want to add that I don't think the Massive Fantasy Bundle still sells, so people can't currently buy it who are newer to the game. I might be wrong, I am not sure.
- Gabrielle Silversword 93

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Michael Thunder on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:

i love this idea and would totally be up for the challenge, though the boss' stats etc. should scale to the level of the wizard(s) entering the duel (my wizard who'd like to have the robe for cosmetic purposes only is just level 36, though my prodigious wizard/badge hoarder would want to complete it for the title).

-von

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I think this is a great idea so it would be easier then just getting the arena tickets regularly

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
I agree but nto just ronald what about the school teachers? Like if your balance u go up against Alhazred or if your fire you go up against Dalia. What about "choosing difficulties" for better gear but automatically the boss will always be the same lvl as the Wizard but also have some buffs