Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Preparations

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
So, I'm about to turn level 100 for the first time ever. Which means I'm going to start farming Darkmoor soon.

All my gear is the Azteca crafted stuff right now, have a mega velociraptor pet, should I make any upgrades before attempting this? I haven't gotten to part 2 of Khrysalis yet so probably nothing from there.

I don't really have people to ask for help, is team up sufficient? Maybe I can find a team to keep doing this with THROUGH team up?

Also I never did Waterworks or any other "cheating dungeons" besides the first two Aquila dungeons. Will that put me at a disadvantage?

I probably sound like a huge noob right now, but I always hear about how difficult it is to farm Darkmoor so I just wanna be prepared. Any tips for me in general would be great.
Also I'm fire so hopefully I don't get a bunch of people who leave just because of that.

Joseph Fireflame level 99

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Levia254 on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
So, I'm about to turn level 100 for the first time ever. Which means I'm going to start farming Darkmoor soon.

All my gear is the Azteca crafted stuff right now, have a mega velociraptor pet, should I make any upgrades before attempting this? I haven't gotten to part 2 of Khrysalis yet so probably nothing from there.

I don't really have people to ask for help, is team up sufficient? Maybe I can find a team to keep doing this with THROUGH team up?

Also I never did Waterworks or any other "cheating dungeons" besides the first two Aquila dungeons. Will that put me at a disadvantage?

I probably sound like a huge noob right now, but I always hear about how difficult it is to farm Darkmoor so I just wanna be prepared. Any tips for me in general would be great.
Also I'm fire so hopefully I don't get a bunch of people who leave just because of that.

Ooo, may I help you? We can meet in the fairgrounds in the commons on realm sunbird on Saturday since I have time. Will be on around 12:00 noon Pacific eastern time, look for Richard SkullDust and Richard FireDust. I'll give you some tips on the fights were are going to be doing during the dungeons.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Hi Joseph. I think your crafted gear should do just fine for Darkmoor part 1. You will pick up upgrades along the way with some luck. It is totally possible to find a good team in team up that will see you through.You can also check crowded realms. Its best (fastest) to know the cheats, so either ask when you are in there or look it up online. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Amber

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009

pretty much as it is, all resistance armor is useless against the bosses (unless you have above 55) so dont worry too much about that, although as for the cheating part, yes it does put you at a disadvantage. i would heavily recommend either: A asking others what the cheats are before battles, or B read them from the wiki. also if you can find any 110 fires, you can start off as a support wizard, smokescreens keep the fizzles high and backdraft would be an enormous help against some bosses if fully charged (with 7 power pips: 210 normal, 220 with potent trap, 280 tc)

had a team that beat the 3rd part of darkmoor within 30 minutes
110 hammer
110 super backdrafter
110 booster
110 (i was running support death at the time, spamming plagues and more plagues, keeping damage low so no one died)

hope this helps

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Honestly, 9 times out of 10, the team up function is awful. I remember the last time I used it, my team had a storm who insisted upon healing, yet had no life mastery or outgoing, everyone wanted to be a hitter, they ignored me when I told them not to do things that would trigger cheats, so on. You might get lucky, but don't hold your breath.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010

The most important thing you need in darkmoor is resist. High resist. And expect to use the flee, get wisps to heal, get back tactic a lot.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
I actually managed to do it! I did lots of research on the cheats and even though team up failed a couple times I did manage to find people who were actually willing to cooperate.

I already have full tier 3 Darkmoor gear, the tier 2 Deck and Athame, and the Tier 1 Wand. Wish me luck trying to get full tier 1 gear! :P

Joseph Fireflame Level 100

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
If you have Facebook goin the group Wizard101 players take a photo of your stats and post it and type I need a feedback. I got a good feedback from pro players I was very satisfied.

Thank You
Matthew Wintersong