Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new house idea - beast master

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
This "house" is for pets, not people.

It's a zoo. A large area with lots of paths and different elevations, and enclosures. Each enclosure is a different enviornment with a deep mote and fence around it. The Zoo animals (your pets) get to live in the enclosures, not out on the paths.

There woudn't be a structure, it's for pets.
You can't build on it, it's for pets not people

It's a place to keep all your pets in an organized fashion, because face it, after a while you get so many pets you have a zoo in your backpack and you're scrambling for good places to put the ones you want to keep.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Can we get some cute outfits like the one girl you show with the new friendship items. She is wearing the heart outfit make cute cloths for holidays like that heart outfit and on saint patty's day a cute dress. we need new clothes

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
That actually sounds like a really cool and cute idea! But would it have to be a certain level to get a zoo or does it matter?

Delver
May 12, 2012
Really cool idea. I can picture the pathways and cages for pets. Maybe even a pet playground for the pets with a fence around it to keep them in. The pet max could be 100 outside 100 inside. Would be so cute! It could be buyable with gold or crowns from the crown shop. I'd surely save up!

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I LOVE IT! That idea is absolutely awesome because I have dozens of pets tucked away in my bank and attic because I never know where to put them. I love that "pet zoo" idea. The only part I would change is that I think once it gets more advanced, we should be able to put items in there but only items designed for pets. There could be a certain section in the bazaar that includes, beds, cages, etc. and then later on, things for more specific animals. I absolutely love this idea, it is really cool, and I hope Wizard101 does it!
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (coming up!)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This is an idea that comes up from time to time, and gets a lot of attention, and then drops off the radar.

I do wish we could have a wildlife sanctuary house but I suspect there is a safety factor cap on how many mobs/entities can be assigned to any one zone before things start wigging out.

I have a relatively robust CPU and graphics card, good connection, and set my graphics and shaders to fairly basic settings, but I can still feel the burn when I walk into a house with 50 pets inside.

Now picture what would happen to YOUR frame rate if you ported to a house with 250 wee cavorting beasties and animalcules.

Let's not forget the recent spate of actual crowns losses due to overstocking houses with growing plants, pets, mounts, and other entities. One fellow's magma peas turned into dark crates, another guy had a couch potato with an identity crisis - it believed it was now a Darkmoor urn - and it would still get needs and pests, but you could NOT tend to its needs so it began to wilt. All the Kings horses and all the Kings men could not save the glitched plants, and in many cases the unlucky owners had to condemn the houses where these things happened.

What if that sort of thing happened to your SPUDF Flamenco Tocador, your quint ice damage Proper Penguin, your FOG Unicorn?

THe good news is we recently learned there might be a fix to all the overstuffed house corrupt code problems. So maybe this fix will open the cat flap on a new era of wildlife conservation.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Its a pretty cool idea, though I think it should allow item placement. What if i wanna craft pet snacks in the area where i keep all my pets, or maybe i think a quetzal nest would look nice in one of the habitats.

Just a little add on to your idea what about an underwater area to put all your tritons, sea dragons and jellyfish pets.

Or have a built in fish tank that can hold like 20 caught fish at one time.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
HeyitsBerly on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
That actually sounds like a really cool and cute idea! But would it have to be a certain level to get a zoo or does it matter?
I can't imagine it would matter what level someone was. But maybe you should have to have at least pet, OR have completed the first pet quest, in order to buy it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Lizziebell03 on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
I LOVE IT! That idea is absolutely awesome because I have dozens of pets tucked away in my bank and attic because I never know where to put them. I love that "pet zoo" idea. The only part I would change is that I think once it gets more advanced, we should be able to put items in there but only items designed for pets. There could be a certain section in the bazaar that includes, beds, cages, etc. and then later on, things for more specific animals. I absolutely love this idea, it is really cool, and I hope Wizard101 does it!
- Gabrielle Silversword
P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! (coming up!)
items are fine. By you can't build on it, i mean you can't use castle blocks on it to make a house or something.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2015
crystalwizard12345... on Feb 14, 2016 wrote:
I can't imagine it would matter what level someone was. But maybe you should have to have at least pet, OR have completed the first pet quest, in order to buy it.
It'd also be better if the said zoo costs gold and not crowns, because lets be honest here, not everyone has the money to buy crowns and spend them just for a zoo. But if it were to be crowns, it should be somewhat expensive. Maybe around 3,000 gold? Or higher?