Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl Cap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
Hey, i think the new lvl cap should be lvl 140.

i feel like by the end of this year enough people will reach lvl 110 for them to consider raising the cap for the next year.

also, what were the original lvl caps?

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Personally I don't think that the level cap should ever stop, with each world comes new levels, and I'd like it to stay that way.
The original level cap was level 50, when Malistaire was the main threat.

-Travis Storm | Lvl. 17 |

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
my thought is that the next time they raise the cap, they should raise it by 20 and not ten, but ONLY the next time. This way, people who stop questing when they reach max XP can quest longer and won't fall behind as far.

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
dayerider on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
my thought is that the next time they raise the cap, they should raise it by 20 and not ten, but ONLY the next time. This way, people who stop questing when they reach max XP can quest longer and won't fall behind as far.
I have a similar idea to that.If people were to do all the quests in the game and still get no Xp shouldn't they raise the lvl cap.Also the quest Xp in Polaris is huge 3-7 quests and you will Lvl up.Shouldn't they raise down the xp a little?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
dayerider on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
I've felt this way for a while too. I have wizards who aren't even done Khrysalis 2 who are already almost level 110. I'm one of those who stops questing when I get to the level cap in order to preserve XP. It's part of the reason why I've never done a Darkmoor run, and why I haven't done many Tartarus runs. By the time I'm ready to go, everybody else has already moved on.

But that's all it would take. One content update where the cap is raised 20 instead of 10, and all following cap raises can go back to 10.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
IsaacTH2208 on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
Personally I don't think that the level cap should ever stop, with each world comes new levels, and I'd like it to stay that way.
The original level cap was level 50, when Malistaire was the main threat.

-Travis Storm | Lvl. 17 |
Incorrect, the original level cap was 40, when MooShu was the last world and the Jade Oni was the last boss. DragonSpyre didn't even arrive until a few months later.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
High Five Ghost on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
I've felt this way for a while too. I have wizards who aren't even done Khrysalis 2 who are already almost level 110. I'm one of those who stops questing when I get to the level cap in order to preserve XP. It's part of the reason why I've never done a Darkmoor run, and why I haven't done many Tartarus runs. By the time I'm ready to go, everybody else has already moved on.

But that's all it would take. One content update where the cap is raised 20 instead of 10, and all following cap raises can go back to 10.
exactly what I was thinking