Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Shadow Anti-Jade Spells

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Yes, I know, there is Shadow Shrike; use that etc. etc. However, it isn't all that useful vs a Jade with 110+% resist to your school, that stacks shields and dispels you all the time and has a MC Fortify pet, especially from second. But it occurs to me that, in my duels, Shadow Spells have the potential to be quite useful in closing out a match vs massive resist.

Here are some of the spells I've thought up that could improve the fight against Jades.

Shadowspear: +50% Pierce to next DMG spell. At 0 and 0 Pips. Trainable.

Makes sense, because after all nobody is going to sacrifice their school pierce jewels for , which means that unless Shrike is up your maximum Shadow Pierce (with Infallible) is going to be around 30%. Which makes Shadow kinda useless for damage purposes in PVP (especially facing 81% universal resist and a tower shield).

Shadowtrap: +35% to next DMG spell. 0 Pips.

Can be trained and used with Potent Trap for an even stronger attack.

Shadowblade: +40% to next DMG spell. 0 Pips. Trainable for use with Sharpened Blade.

Eye of the Darkness : +50% Pierce and +250 Critical . Global Spell. 0-1 Pips. Trainable.

Tenebrous Remnant: 1000 - 2500 DMG and -95% to next heal X3 and -95% . 2 Pips. Trainable.

I am tired of Jades 'rising up' again due to Guardian Spirit, and then not being able to defeat them in time due to their massive resist, only to have them heal up to full health again. This spell will take them out, giving them a 'Threefold Fever' effect, and creates a 'Shadow Doom' bubble just in case.

'Likes' for this spell would be identical to 'Dark Fiend', making it easy to remove all the debuffs while still allowing for a great hit.

Cleanse All Wards: 1-2 Pips. Trainable. Shatter's nemesis, I will never again have to worry about those Uber trap-stacking players.
Cleanse All Charms: 1-2 Pips. Trainable. Bad Juju's nemesis (and Dispel spammers'). Can't wait for these. I mean, if nothing else, make these 2 spells real. PLZPLZPLZPLZ!!!

TC versions of these spells also existing would be awesome.

If these spells are implemented, Jades will never again be a problem at Max Level.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Gosh darn it...Tenebrous Remnant costs 2 Pips, not regular Pips. Just have to make that clear.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
I could get behind this idea, but -95 to next 3 heals is way too much. -65 would be more reasonable. Also, by the time you get a chance to use it, you've already been killed by glowbug or stormlord. I would make it 5 pips + 1 shadow pip so it could be used sooner. These wouldn't be very strong in the long run because nobody's shadow damage goes above 50 from what I've seen.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
YaManTeka on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
I could get behind this idea, but -95 to next 3 heals is way too much. -65 would be more reasonable. Also, by the time you get a chance to use it, you've already been killed by glowbug or stormlord. I would make it 5 pips + 1 shadow pip so it could be used sooner. These wouldn't be very strong in the long run because nobody's shadow damage goes above 50 from what I've seen.
Well these are, after all, Anti-Jade spells. So if you were facing a jade you would have plenty of time to set up this spell. And it is at 2 Pips because it would function like the Solar Arc spells, which require a few turns to execute properly. (Like Dark Nova: 400 Damage with 0 likes, 1600 with 3 likes). If it had the same cost as a Darkmoor spell, it would probably be too OP for everyone that isn't a jade.

That being said, -65%, sure. I forgot to add that this spell should be Beguile Immune, because I've read that casting Beguile on the third round stops the Solar Arc spells in their tracks, which isn't what we want to have happen.

Although, I've come across another problem. Jades will be able to use these spells as well. (Sigh.) Then it just becomes a "who can stack 'em first" race, and the jades will always win because they have Juju-Guardian Spirit.

Arrrghhh. There must be a way to stop them. We need more Armor Piercing! I will think of something.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Exabytes on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
Well these are, after all, Anti-Jade spells. So if you were facing a jade you would have plenty of time to set up this spell. And it is at 2 Pips because it would function like the Solar Arc spells, which require a few turns to execute properly. (Like Dark Nova: 400 Damage with 0 likes, 1600 with 3 likes). If it had the same cost as a Darkmoor spell, it would probably be too OP for everyone that isn't a jade.

That being said, -65%, sure. I forgot to add that this spell should be Beguile Immune, because I've read that casting Beguile on the third round stops the Solar Arc spells in their tracks, which isn't what we want to have happen.

Although, I've come across another problem. Jades will be able to use these spells as well. (Sigh.) Then it just becomes a "who can stack 'em first" race, and the jades will always win because they have Juju-Guardian Spirit.

Arrrghhh. There must be a way to stop them. We need more Armor Piercing! I will think of something.
Eureka! I have it!

900 - 2500 DMG and -65% X3 and Steal Guardian Angel. Perfect.

Because there is a nastier form of jade (wannabe) that relies on tremendous outgoing healing, and Guardian Spirit to win. To be honest, Guardian Spirit should probably be made no PVP, because Angel strategies are extremely difficult, if not impossible to counter from second, especially if you're Balance...

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I don't have Jade armour, nor do any of my friends, but it sounds like the worst thing ever created for this game. I see people hating it in PvP to this point where we're actually talking about creating special spells just to offset it's power. I see people talking about it like having it (or knowing someone who does) is the only way to survive Darkmoor, almost as if Darkmoor was created specifically to counteract the plague that is Jade armour (assuming everyone has it).

I don't know... it all sounds like a very bad joke to me. Seems ridiculous that they have to create things in the game in order to offset the power created by items that a lot of players will probably never have.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
I logged on Wizard101 yesterday and found an Ice doing team PVP with 6657 , 105% Resist, 155% Resist, 42% (Universal) Resist, 53% Damage and 100% Accuracy. Can't even remember the advanced character statistics, but I mean, come on. (His pet had proof, defy, MC Fortify, resist 1, resist 2, and jewel resist).

So, against a with a set shield and fortify up, that's a whopping 255% resistance. That, my friends, is close to impossible to overcome.

THIS is why so many people do low- and mid-level PVP.

I would post a picture but you can't here so...you can find it in the comments section concerning beating Jade gear on Duelist101. (No links posted, so hopefully moderator approved).

So, I have another spell to carry the fight to the Jades:

Polished Dragonspear: +15% Universal Pierce per Pip X3 to target. At 1 Pip and X Pips. Or it could be school specific pierce.