Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opinions on Ice school and Storm school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2016
They aren't opposites, but they sure are opposites if you look at how the strength/attack of their spells and their health. Many people like the Storm school for it's great strength in it's spells, while others praise the Ice school for the high health.
What are your opinions on these schools, which one do you like best and why?
Personally, the Ice school is my favorite. I get all this health, then I can train in other schools for more powerful spells (currently investing Training Points in Death).

Storm school? Well, they have less health, even if they have great strength it doesn't make up for me. I require health -- strength isn't a problem. See, lot's of equipment in the game with good health boosts are usually for the Ice school only. This causes a problem here for me, of course. I just like health being able to be accessed easier, and without a good source for Health in the Storm school, it's kind of hard. Or, perhaps, I just feel as if health is more needed than strength.
~~~
Tavia Griffinstrider

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I prefer ice over storm and currently have a combination of ice and life. I have ice absorbs and life absorbs and tower shields, so I can become indestructible, and then charge up a frost giant and do 2,000 damage on all the enemies, or 4,000 when I'm lucky and get a critical.

Storm is powerful bug can't defend themselves too well. I have a friend that is storm and based on my experience with the school death is the best to go with it. Then you get the power of the storm spells and the beneficial healing power of the death drain spells.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
I found ice so boring to the point where out of the 6 wizard i have, i deleted my ice to make room for a death wizard.
Storm is pretty ok though, but i haven't invested too much into it.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
I this storm is the best. But then again, my main character is a storm. I love the damage and how it speeds up the game. My friend, however, is ice and I couldn't survive many battles without him. It works out great. It just depends on how you like to play the game, fast and risky or slow and sure.

Moira Stormheart

Delver
May 12, 2012
Honestly, I don't like either of them. Ice is great for health (and tower shield) but the spells are weak. Even though you can train other schools, they aren't always dependable. Storm is great for damage but the health is low. Some people brag about their storm wizards, but I don't see why. If I had to choose and I couldn't be neutral, I'd say ice because of the health and shields.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2015
I love the Ice School way better. Tons of health to take your time to defeat the boss.