Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best life pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Hello, I been wanting a good life pet for a while. One with 3 or more.Or one with life damage. If anyone has a pet like this or know a pet that I could grind for. That would be nice. I prefer not to do pvp for the life armament
Level 100

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Leo, I have some good life pets if you are interested in hatching: Yuletide Spirit, Forest Beast, Blood Hound, Burlap Boy, Carnation Pixie, Leaf Foot, Rooted Grimoire, Timberland Yeti, and the best one I have is an Epic Astral Judge. If you want to hatch let me know when. I am usually available at night after 9:00PM EST
Good luck!!

Rowan Leaf

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Hello, could you post which ones in your opinion are your favorite? What talents they have etc? Thank you in advance.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Leo, sorry it took a few days to get back, here is the pet specific info on each of mine:

Blood Hound (60) pedigree 03322 (common to epic talents)
Gives Card: LifeSpear (12% Armor Pierce)
ADULT: (2) Talents: Fishing Luck (1%) and Pip O Plenty (2%)

Leaf Foot (57) pedigree 04150
Gives 2 Cards: Guiding Light & Brilliant Light
ADULT: (2) Talents: Batusi (May Cast Life Bat) and Life Proof (4% Defense)

Yuletide Spirit (62) pedigree 03601
Gives Card: Seraph
ANCIENT: (3) Talents: Life Shot (4% Acc), May Cast Unicorn, May Cast Lifeblade
Jewel Collar: Add Health (+43 Max)

Rooted Grimoire (60) 12313
Gives Card: Life Trap
ADULT: (2) Talents: Pip O Plenty (2%) and Defender (+7% block rate)

Timberland Yeti (60) pedigree 00451
Gives Card: Lifeblade
TEEN: (1) Talent: May Cast Lifespear
**I just got him so I have not trained to adult yet**

Forest Beast (53) 05401
Gives Card: Lifeblade
ADULT: (2) Talents: Mana Gift & Spirited

Burlap Boy (56) 32122
Gives Card: Clockwork Golem (400 life damage)
ADULT: (2) Talents: Spirit Armor (gives card) and Magnificent Mender (may cast "Mend")

Rose Pixie (Not Carnation Pixie, sorry!) (65) pedigree 12313
Gives Card: Seraph
ANCIENT: (3) Talents: Life Proof (7% Defense). Deer Knight Rises (gives card) & Brazen Berserker (may cast)

And finally..

Astral Judge (hybrid) (65) pedigree 02512
Gives Card: Mighty Judgement (400 balance damage & dispel 2 random spells - 6 pips to cast)
EPIC: (4) Talents: Pip O Plenty (4%), Vengeance (gives card), Gargantuan (gives card), Spritely (may cast)
Jewel Collar: Life Shot (5% Accuracy)

Let me know if you need any more information on any of these. If you would like to hatch, let me know what night
you are available and what time zone you are in. I am in EST.
If you do not like any of these pets that is ok, I won't be upset or offended. Just trying to help!

Good luck!

Rowan Leaf

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Oops I almost forgot, which is my favorite...... well I like Sydney the Yuletide Spirit because she casts lifeblade OFTEN and I also love Haley my Astral Judge for the looks and also she is just awesome for casting sprite when you need it. For looks alone, the Forest Beast and Rooted Grimoire are my favorite but they don't have the 'best' talents....

Hope this helps!!

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Hello, sorry I haven't replied in a while. Been having some real world things going on that took some of my time out of the day. I kinda like the Yuletide spirit a bit. I might be on tomorrow around 9:00 PM. EST as well

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi again, I am happy to hatch my yuletide pet with something you have. Let me know what night you would like to meet up. Make it a few days in advance to allow time for the reply you post to be reviewed and accepted, etc. We can meet in Dragonspyre - Atheneum - Realm: Seraph :) When we meet up you can tell me what pets you have and we can get to the hatchery with one of them. Thanks!

Rowan Leaf

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Hello, how about on the 10th of this month. I could do that realm and world. I have quite a few pets. Some are rare, some are not. Some of them I will need to get to adult first, but that's your choice if you want that pet.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi,

Ok I will go on at 10:00PM EST to the Atheneum in DS, realm Seraph. I will just be out on the street, not in a building. Look for Rowan. Bring any pets that you think are cool. If you don't have something I want we can still hatch, don't worry.

Have a good weekend and don't forget to write back and let me know if 10:00
PM on Weds. 2/10 is a good time for you to meet up.

Rowan

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Can someone hatch a leaf foot with me?

Valdusmooncoin level 74

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To Valdus Moon Coin:

Sure I can hatch my leaf foot pet with you. We can meet in DS, Atheneum - realm of your choosing, any night after 9:00PM. I know this Sunday night I will likely be in the spiral, so let me know if that works for you.

Rowan Leaf

Survivor
Sep 20, 2011
I believe the best life pet is the lvl 98 pet, Dryad. But other good ones are gnome, forest lord, leaf foot, Yuletide spirit, timberland yeti and bumble bee.

I have a dryad and I really like her.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I have forest beast, yuletide spirit, Forest Lord, gnome and astral judge. My second school is balance and I have a balance amulet, so it's fine for me that the judgement 6-pip spell is a balance spell. I also have the soulful knight as well as a harpy. I like them all!

For sheer power, I like forest beast because it's so nice to have the extra blade. My yuletide spirit also has a 'may cast life blade', but she hasn't yet. My astral judge heals ALL the time. She is awesome! My yuletide spirit has both life proof, unicorn and spell proof and she increases life damage. As soon as she reaches the next level, I have a death proof jewel to add to her. I added a myth proof jewel to my soulful knight.

Honestly, I hatch a lot, so I have a few soulful knights, yuletide spirits and harpies all with different talents. I am really trying to focus on combining healing talents with spellproof.

Honestly, I like my harpy when i am battling elemental bad guys. And I like the soulful knight for battling myth/death/life because of the great cards he comes with (70% resist to life/death/myth) and you get additional cards (total 3 I think) when you level up. But I have been playing with astral judge a lot lately because she is such a great healer. I am planning to hatch my current astral judge with my yuletide spirit to see if they can combine the best of each other in a single pet. I am also going to try to add talents to my forest beast by hatching. I actually just hatched my forest beast with my sea dragon and the pedigree went up nicely, but I haven't trained her yet to know what she does.

I think pets and hatching are so much fun. But for life, it's great if you have a pet that shields you, heals you and increases your damage. Depending on your pet and the talents they come with (they have 10 talents and develop 5 of them and it seems totally random to me which ones they get).

Not really a fan of the gnome - at least not mine.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Survivor
Aug 24, 2012
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
To Valdus, Jack Lifeblade and Leo98021: I am willing to meet any of you to hatch and yes I have a life grimoire also. Valdus if you want the Leaf Foot and Leo if you want the Yuletide Spirit that is fine. You may have already found one by now, but I haven't checked this in a couple weeks so... my bad. Once again I can meet up anytime on the weekend evenings or weeknights EST. Just let's plan a few days in advance because you have to allow time for letters to be reviewed and posted.

I also love the astral judge pet. My judge heals, but she also gives vengeance and gargantuan which is nice for my lower level life wizard. (who is currently questing in DS).

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Rowan Leaf

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Does any one have a forest beast I can hatch with. I wasted 5k crowns on the hoard pack for it and only got dark sprites. I also don't mind what stats it has as long as I get the pet

Cameron Lifespear Lvl 110