Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School in Name for pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Well, I am kinda new to pvp and wanted to make an ice wizard to pvp with. I named him Chris IceHammer. So now I am already in marleybone. The question that I am asking is, is it bad for pvp tournaments if I have my school in my Name? Because people could set for me.

Thanks your answers.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
It may be lil disadvantage some ppl might take the risk to set ice from ur name but in a tourney ppl will be able to find out wt school u are either way off spectating and then set likewise you can do the same , and if u plan to do tourney on a regular bases the other regular tourney players will all rdy remember u by name, but that's the down side of tours ppl are able to set I don't consider it a huge disadvantage to have ur school in name and me personally wouldn't set off seeing your name unless I knew you were in fact Ice so you'll be all gee.

Lail Ashblade lvl110

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
to be honest it be nice if kingly could make a thing were when you go to look at the players state in pvp or there name it only show the first name like say i named my guy jack fire fountain it only show jack as my name and if you looked at my states it hide the school symbol from there eyes on there screen it just have a question mark that way in torments and stuff like that nobody has a unfair advantage and you can talk to your enemy without being afraid of giving away states and stuff

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
seboxdd on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Well, I am kinda new to pvp and wanted to make an ice wizard to pvp with. I named him Chris IceHammer. So now I am already in marleybone. The question that I am asking is, is it bad for pvp tournaments if I have my school in my Name? Because people could set for me.

Thanks your answers.
NO, wouldn't matter people use battle order to see people school, what school you are in duel! show whole list school what school symbol they have are on the duel & gender!

where a guild about battle orders see what others school are in the duel and don't know what school are they!
http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/pvp-guide-how-to-know-your-opponents-school/

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
seboxdd on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:

Thanks your answers.
wouldn't matter people use battle order to see others opponent's school in duel that show each players will be shown with the color with the color of there robes indicating their school.